Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Ranked #24 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice but...”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nice hotel, close to airport and really close to cruise terminal, but charging $4 pp for the airport shuttle is really insulting when everyone else offers it for free.

The air conditioning units are very noisy as well.

1 Thank Tinnpusher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I travel monthly and I book hotels almost daily for customers and I am not easily impressed. I stayed at another property for several nights and I thought that I would use this property to make it easy for me with an early flight. I dropped off my rental car a day early and get van service was pretty fast. The property is in awesome condition! The rooms are larger than usual and have a nice updated decor. My room looked like it was newly renovated. I even asked when the property was renovated and they told me 2 years. The bathroom is small but well decorated. I loved the oversized chair which it where I spent the afternoon & evening. Check in was nice and I was greeted as a Platinum PC member and provided a welcome gift bag. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Spokane WA
Reviewed February 26, 2013

When I was searching for a place near the airport to stay before our cruise I started looking at less expensive hotels. The reviews were so scary I decided to step it up a little for safety reasons. The Crowne Plaza is only a mile from the airport and they shuttle 24 hours (20 minutes after the hour). We had to leave to come home from our cruise early so we needed that. They also had free WiFi which I wanted. The hotel is very nice and clean. They were happy to help with all our needs and explained where we could find the restaurant and gift shop. They gave us a card for 1 free beverage per person if we ate lunch or dinner in the restaurant. They have a company (I believe AllStar that provides transportation to different ports for a charge) we chose a different company which was no problem with them what so ever. The area seemed safe so we walked to Anthony's for dinner and it was excellent. Someone else told us a few blocks down there was an good Cuban place to eat as well. This was a very nice place to stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TBotzon
Ayr, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great Hotel - situated between Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood Airport and Port Everglades. A $12.00 cab ride to / from Airport. Room was clean / well appointed - comfy beds. - well if you like them on the firm side. nice updated shower & bathroom. Staff were great - very helpful. They offer a shuttle to & from the Ships - you should book the night / day you arrive. Not a bad price at $8.00 each. taxis are cheaper for larger groups. Only downside to our experience at this hotel was the restaurant. Again staff very helpful .. but limited menu. And they didn't get my wife's dinner right at all. They did do a complete comp on both our dinners and we were served a free breakfast in the morning. Still a very nice hotel. Can be pricey compared to the comfort Inn down the street but it has a pool and the other upscale amenities that some of us like.
There is a McDonald's & Denny's a few blocks away and a Italian restaurant a couple of blocks away.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and it was very quiet. Did not hear the planes. So should not have a probl...
Hannibal, Missouri, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We enjoyed the accommodations the night before our cruise. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable and well decorated. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant which is expensive but good food. I would come back again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Boston
Reviewed February 24, 2013

So happy with this choice! Modern decor, uber-clean, super-convenient to the airport, cruise port, beaches, and Las Olas, with parking on-site and in-room mini-fridge/microwave/coffeemaker and very easy access to cabs, which are an efficient way to travel to nearby destinations. Pool, gym, restaurant, full-service convenience store that serves Starbucks coffee, fresh-baked muffins, and has all the necessities/toiletries, etc. Publix (grocery store) nearby. Melinda at Reception is helpful and cheerful, despite many demanding travelers. We were thrilled with our stay before and after our cruise.

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My family, parents and I stayed here the week before Thanksgiving before going on a cruise.
When we arrived, the front desk clerk said there was an issue with our rooms and we had to move to a sister property about a mile away. We had GUARANTEED late arrival and argued with this clerk for a few minutes.
My brother, who checked in earlier that day, came down to say hello. He was videotaping our trip and when the clerk saw this was on videotape, our room suddenly did not have the issue anymore. He said that the issue was with another family with the same surname (Hong). Yeah right.
The next morning I asked for the hotel manager. The front desk clerk asked if I could speak with the manager, but he said he was interviewing someone. Then the clerk asked how he could help and I explained the situation. The clerk went back to the manager again and suddenly there was no interview.
I discussed the situation with the manager and he said he would handle the situation. He gave us a complimentary shuttle to the cruise port for the "mix up." The manager personally promised to send me an e-mail to follow up with how he was going to address this situation with the clerk we had a problem.
Well, 3 months later, I have not heard back from the manager. But, my brother stayed at the hotel again last night and spoke with the same manager. Well, the manager lied to my brother by saying he sent me an e-mail. Then my brother asked what the manager did to address this employee. Basically, nothing happened.
While I realize the VAST majority of you had no issue with this hotel, I can honestly say there is no way in heck I am going to stay here again. I can't in good conscience stay at a hotel that is run by a manager who has lied to us and is unwilling to address unacceptable behavior to their customers.
But oddly enough, all the other employees I interacted with were exemplary. But I'm unwilling to take a chance again that this type of behavior would occur with my family or yours.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank sapamire
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear sapamire,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.