“Convenient for cruising”

Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Chicago, Illinois
“Convenient for cruising”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and quiet. Very convenient for the cruise port. Bed was comfortable.

When we first arrived from the airport, no one was staffing the front desk for about 5 minutes. A bit frustrating after a long flight.

Unfortunately we arrived late the night before our cruise and were hungry. Everything closed down at 11pm. The people at the front desk were minimally helpful. There was a restaurant 5 minutes down the street but that was the only directions we were given. We did find the place but it would have been nice to have received more explicit instructions.

The shuttle service was also a convenient service.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Pamela D,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are delighted to read you found our location convenient and our hotel clean and quiet. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 19, 2013

this hotel has the most helpful and courteous staff that I have encountered in a long time....from the front desk, to the restaurant to the cleaning crew. From the moment that I arrived at the front desk on Thursday, the woman who checked me in was so cheerful and helpful and called later to see if everything was to my liking in the room. My client who called through the switchboard commented on how extremely nice the person was. The furnishings are comfortable and the decorating is so tastefully done. The restaurant staff were so nice, brought our food promptly because of the meeting's short lunch and dinner times (they were busy with other customers) and the food was fresh and delicious, waiter remembered what I had ordered at previous meals...I would suggest this place for business meeting near the airport or anyone heading to a cruise ship. Tonight Carl was incredibly accommodating about signing up for the shuttle and a malfunctioning boarding pass printer. Airport shuttle person was very nice. Well trained group of people who geniunely appeared to care about the guests' experience.

Room Tip: 916 is a large king room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Magnes W
Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The location for cruisers is pretty good, right at the port entrance.

A lovely newly renovated hotel with terrific staff, a nice pool, and comfy beds.There was only one bedside table which was awkward

I could go on and on about the positives of this hotel but none of them really matter because the rooms are all equipped with .individual AC units for cooling and heat that make so much noise even Helen Keller would have to do what we did, turn it off so we could sleep, Another couple on our cruise from Australia staying in another room did the same thing,.

I mean the thing is loud!!!

Why would a hotelier pour so much money into an other wise fine hotel and put in the worst and noisiest AC ever made?

I was able to get some sleep once I turned off the AC but if it had been one degree warmer I don't know what I would have done.

I may have given five stars, but three is more than generous... a good nights sleep is what it's all about, and it's not possible with the AC on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Blye,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. We appreciate the kind words about our hotel, terrific staff, nice pool and comfortable beds. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. We want our guests to have the best sleep possible when away from home and are very sorry if your stay was negatively affected by the noise from the air conditioning. Your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to these identified weakness.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

One night stay before cruise. Assigned room with wet paint on walls. No warning or sign whatsoever. Brushed expensive leather coat on paint, ruined. Called front desk to complain. After TWO HOURS, no response. After one additional call to desk, and call to national francisor, employee came to room. No apology; no explanation. Offered to have coat professionally cleaned, then later changed mind and refused. Ultimatle decreased bill by $40.00. Did finally offer another room, but by then, paint was dry. Afterward reported entire incident to IHG, the francisor. No response thus far.

Later got email from Crowne offering to allow me to write a review. Gave them one star and wrote about this incident. Kept it short, professional and to the point. No obligatory use of adjectives or adverbs, etc. Received email today saying that review would not be posted because it was "irrelevant or inappropriate." Ultimately, the francisor will not do ANYTHING to solve any dispute. It is solely the responsibility of the francisee. I guess you get the picture.

By the way, this hotel has a terrible location in an industrial park, has a dismal lobby, tiny rooms, terrible decor, needs a really good cleaning, and has absolutely deplorable customer service. Nice outdoor area on fifth floor, though. Please heed my words and do not stay in this or any Crowne Plaza hotel.

Room Tip: Select room at different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Robert60898
HIManagement84, Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
First, I would like to thank you for taking the time in writing a review on your recent stay with us this past week. I am sorry that you felt this way, on how the situation was handled by our management team at the hotel. We tried to handle the situation the best way possible, even though you did not feel this way. You also stated in the review, you felt even our franchise guest relations team did not do anything more. We all tried to handle the situation as best as we could.
We try to make sure all of our guests have a wonderful experience at our hotel and also our customer service experience is also a plus with our guest, because we take pride in our hotel and making sure all of our guests are happy. I am sorry that this personal situation has made you feel his way about our hotel.
Our hotel is position is a great area, located right next to the Airport and Port Everglades, where most of our business comes from. We have a lot of great restaurants and things to do in our area.

Again, thank you for your review.
Detroit, MI
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My mother, father, sister and I stayed here overnight before our cruise the next morning. Being that I'm paranoid to miss a cruise, I begged the family to arrive a day early just to rest my anxiety. :) Most places were booked and it being a few days from Christmas I expected to pay more.

I booked on Hotwire.com and secured two queens for 179.00 US. It was what we needed, free shuttle from the airport down the street, a few dollar cab ride to the cruise port that would be within walkign distance, however not possible due to TSA. It was very clean and everyone, especially Keith the driver were very sweet and accomodating.

It takes some getting used to the idea that everything is above you on another floor in the hotel, including the pool! There are places within waIking distance, if you go the correct way! Somehow my mother and I started off in the wrong direction, but got to see the neighborhood!I would stay here again as we were well rested and ready to go about our way the next day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Complimentary shuttle service from airport-hotel was great. Rooms were very spacious and well-kept. Restaurant and gift shop on site. Ki Ki breakfast special was plentiful, pancakes are slightly bland. Hotel arranged shuttle to cruise port. Would stay here again, for one-two days only due to limited shops or things to do locally. Ideal for pre Fort Lauderdale cruisers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SilverD11
mi
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port prior to taking cruise Nov 25. The hotel is very close to FLL airport, about 10 minutes and they offer a free shuttle to/from the airport. The check in was quick and the room was great. Also, if you need to rent a car, the car rental is located at the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends