“Good value for one night stay”

Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We were here before continuing to Mexico. Hotel is quite new and rooms are big and very clean. Restaurant was not so impressive, standard food and bad lighting. Staff was friendly. Didn't use the pool.

• Stayed: November 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,407)

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

My spouse and I arrived at 4pm without a glitch. My brother, his family and my parents arrived 10:40pm and were told there was a technical problem with their room. Not rooms but room. When I wen down to greet them with my video camera, the front desk man suddenly changed his statement and said, "Oh you are different Hongs. Your two rooms are just down the hall from his." Lie lie lie! My parents are 84 and 79 and he wanted to move them to another hotel! It's on film. The hotel better rectify this or expect it on YouTube.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I will preface this review with the fact that I chose to stay at this hotel because I was attending a seminar that was held in one of the meeting rooms. This is the main reason I chose this hotel, but as a business traveller I likely wouldn't return and I will elaborate why later in this review.

Upon arrival at the hotel my check-in was a little odd. The hotel itself is built in a 11 story building, with the parking garage and occupying the first 4 floors and the hotel the remaining 7 floors. The When you drive it's literally a parking garage with limited signage as to where to go to check in. The check-in desk is tucked into a small area on the first floor and there are elevators to get you up to the hotel levels, but first you must park your car (valet is available for a fee). The main hotel level is actually floor 5. On this floor you will find the hotel store, Kiki's Bar & Restaurant, pool, lounge, exercise room, business center and meeting rooms. There is also a nice outdoor veranda that was nice to enjoy on the night I arrived.

The rooms occupy floor 6-11. I had an end room and it was quite spacious, although the decor was a little too modern for my tastes. There was ample room to spread out and work and the bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was somewhat crowded and it was obvious that it had recently received a makeover as the shower was lined with a rehab liner and the bathroom door could not be fully opened, which wasn't very nice when you had to use the toilet (you had to go in and step to the side in order to close the door-my wife, who was traveling with me, was very annoyed by this). Regardless, the overall condition of the room was very nice.

When exploring the hotel services I have mixed feelings. The meeting room we used was very nice and allowed us the operate efficiently. The Workout room was very disappointing. It was spacious but was very stuffy and was loaded with a bunch of low-budget exercise equipment that didn't work well. I often choose a hotel based on it's workout facility and was very disappointed by the lack of quality gym equipment in a seemingly nicer hotel. On a positive note, I did enjoy spending time at Kiki's, which is a nice little bar & restaurant located just beyond the elevator. The drinks and bartenders were enjoyable and even though the menu was limited (I was "Jonesing" for a burger and they didn't have one) it still was quite delicious.

The staff was also quite welcoming and accommodated any request I made which was a plus.

Choosing to stay at this hotel again would be based on the nature of my visit. If I was on business, no I wouldn't stay there because it isn't designed with the business traveller in mind, although they do try. If I was going on a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, I would absolutely stay here again. The hotel offers a free shuttle to both the airport and to the cruise port and vacationers can transfer very easily between the two without the hassle or expense of renting a car if they spend a night at this hotel. Most travelers I spoke with told me they had been strongly recommended to fly in the day before and the stay in a hotel the night before their cruise was to depart, just in case there were problems with inbound flight delays.

Overall rating - 3 stars. Not awesome, but not awful.

Room Tip: Request an -05 room on any floor (ex-705,805,905, etc.) These are larger end rooms with lots of spa...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Imaginedoc
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We checked out from our Cruise with Royal Caribbean at 7am and went to store our luggage so we could go explore until our check-in time of 3pm and the gentleman who checked us in was very accomodating and gave us our room for check-in early and did not charge us additional for it. We did not even ask him we just expected that we would wait unitl 3pm. He was very friendly and accommodating. We were so thankful because we could stay in one place and enjoy their swimming pool, and restaurant which was superb. We ate breakfast and dinner at the restaurant. We would definitely stay here again due to the great service and exceptional staff. The location was very convenient very close to the ship port and very short trip to the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood airport with free, friendly shuttle service. Thank you!

Room Tip: The room we had was on the top floor and it was nice because we did not hear anyone upstairs! The ro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TammyP601
Reviewed November 12, 2012

no welcome for platinum IHG members; not very friendly at check in.
Clean and modern hotel.
Not very close to beaches.
poor restaurant
Nice swimming pool
Location very close to airport; only a 5 minute ride.
Rooms are very nice an quiet even when the hotel is at a busy junction.

Room Tip: Rear side of the road!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

A lovely, modern hotel for a great stay before or after a cruise. Two minute from the port and also Fort Lauderdale airport. Friendly staff at reception and bar. Breakfasts a must - their speciality but dinner very good also and bar staff brought food and drink to us directly to the pool area. Rooms very clean and spacious (I was platinum club but I expect all rooms to be of a high standard). Courtesy bus available from Fort Lauderdale Airport and also a shuttle bus for a
small charge to the port. The hotel staff also arranged the shuttle bus to take us to the water taxi and down to Miami for the day. There is a Hertz car rental beside the hotel which was handy for us after our cruise. A couple if nights max probaby enough as not a lot in this district. We stayed three prior to the cruise which was a bit much and one after our holiday so we could be close to the airport. We did eat at Anthony's stone fired pizza restaurant one night which was a 5 minute walk from the hotel and highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank InchcolmScotland
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great hotel, i stayed here before and after my cruise and eventually stayed even longer as i could not fly to New York, good service, staff were brilliant especially Melinda always made you feel welcomed and brightened up your day. If you need shops there are a few just up the road. I would recommend this hotel for comfort and hospitality.

3  Thank Jenneloo