Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here following our cruise. Updated modern rooms and design of the hotel. The room and entire facility was clean. Nice pool area. The staff was very accommodating as they allowed us to use the pool prior to our room being ready, as well as before our late flight the next day. If you are using the hotel following or prior to a cruise, make sure you have transportation from the port to the hotel...was misleading, but a cheap cab ride from port to hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ashley h
Write a ReviewReviews (1,407)

Reviewed April 20, 2012

My wife and I had an overnight stay here before departing for a cruise so it was a brief stay and I'm glad we were not there any longer.
Pros: ???? Oh decent room and bed, a good Mexican meal in the on-site restaurant and a nice sea view from the bedroom.
Cons: our accommodation was on the other side of a highway from the reception which was accessed via an enclosed footbridge....it felt like miles dragging our cases, and it meant going in two lifts. Check-in was really slow, and the hotel is mikes from real civilisation, i.e. shops, etc, you've got to hail a cab!

That's about it. Would I stay there again, no, not by choice. (stay was pre-booked by Royal Caribbean)

Stayed: January 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Dear Hugh C,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We hope you were happy with your room accommodations. We are deeply sorry you found the location of your room less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Hotel appears to be a fairly new property, but was difficult to find. Although the rooms were well appointed, clean and comfortable I would probably not stay there again just because of the location. When checking in, it doesn't even feel like you are in a hotel lobby. The designer has gotten very creative, but it truly didn't do anything for me! If you are just going to go to the hotel, sleep and leave - then the property is acceptable. If I had to stay for more than 2-3 days, I would select a different location. The room doesn't have central air-conditioning. It has the units out the window which constantly turns on and off throughout the night. This caused a restless sleep, and when you are basically just paying to sleep, it defeats the purpose of paying for a hotel room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank roadwarrior2_11
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Dear roadwarrior2_11,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed April 18, 2012

We chose this hotel due to its proximity to the airport and because it has a free airport shuttle (24 hrs). The price was fair but not what I would call an outstanding value. The hotel service was excellent! We were greeted by the valet and bellmen who where great. The staff at the front desk was efficient, courteous and helpful. The maintenance / housekeeping staff was great also. The decor and cleanliness were better than expected. If I had to find anything negative to say, its the lack of restaurants adjacent to the hotel. But the overall hotel experience makes it well worth choosing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel easter weekend, the day before our cruise. The staff was very helpful and the room was modern and very clean. KiKi's restuarant on 5 was absolutely delicious. Their breakfasts seem to be their specialty. Not enough can be said about breakfast.

EXCELLENTLY CEANED FLOORS!!!! The floors in the hotel were immaculate!!!!! They were cleaned by KEITH! He took pride in every floor in the hotel and also lined up each chair on the pool deck, in a straight line. We definetly recommend this hotel to anyone staying or going on a cruise. One of the most beautiful modern hotels in Ft.Lauderdale......

Room Tip: Their are 2 views you can get. Downtown view or the port view(towards Miami). Either view is good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Aside from their not being much around to do. The hotel was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful and the management (Allen) was awesome! When was the last time you actually had a manager come look for you in the restaraunt to tell you your room is ready "ahead of when you originally requested to check in?" Allen did that. You know who else was outstanding? Keith! That's right, Keith is a porter their and took our 2 million bags up to our room and then down again to load them on the shuttle to the airport. We really enjoyed the staff. The breakfasts are really good, especially the hashbrowns, but a little pricey if you have a big fam:)

Great place to stay before and after a cruise :)

Room Tip: Choose one that provides you with free transfers to and from the airport. Do not book the transfers...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I've sworn off Crowne Plaza hotels after this experience. It started out fine, until I couldn't breathe in the room because something was irritating my allergies. I gave it a night and woke up on the verge of sickness. Spoke with the front desk first thing in the morning, and she informed me the manager wasn't in yet but she would talk to him when he got in and give me a call. I was at a conference all day, and around 1:30, I realized no one had called. So I called the front desk, trying to catch them before everyone checked in for that day. She had forgotten and said she would call me right back. Nothing.

So I get to the hotel that evening and walked to the front desk again, explained the issue, and was told it would have to wait until the morning before everyone checks in. Sorry, I had already been there and done that. I was rudely told to "Calm down." And then I officially started crying out of complete exasperation. The manager FINALLY acknowledged that I was having a major problem and couldn't breathe in my hotel room. But he said they were completely booked - which turned out to be untrue when they finally switched me to a room I was able to breathe in.

I wouldn't let my enemy stay in this hotel after such a terrible experience with customer service.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank rwolfe618
HIManagement84, Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

We are very sorry that you experienced some issues within our hotel. We care very much of what impression our guests take away from their visit with us. We take the time to read every posting and take them very seriously and can assure you, that we will be reviewing them with our housekeeping team so we can continually improve our hotel. Thank you for your review, even though it was not a positive one , you took the time to write and we apreciate it. We hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future and turn around your impression of our hotel.