Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Crown Inn Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Breakfast included
Vacation Inn Motel(Fort Lauderdale)
Landmark Inn(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,459 results
All reviewscruise portgeorge johnsonkiki's restaurantfront deskshuttle servicefifth floornext morningfree shuttlefort lauderdale airporthotel restaurantparking garagebusiness centernice poolthe hotel offersroom was largeone night staythe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This was the last hotel on our trip, and it was a great choice. The hotel is extremely close to both the Cruise Terminal and the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport. We arrived early, and check in was a breeze. There is no free parking at this hotel. You have to pay $10.00 to park yourself, or $15.00 for the valet.

The room was very nice, very clean, and brightly painted. Out of our window, we could look down to see the pool (was quiet when we were there, temps 65-76 degrees, but could be louder in warmer weather, considering it is open 24 hours a day).

We could also see the two cruise ships that were docked.
The room was very clean, large chair and ottoman, desk and chair, free wi-fi, flat screen tv. The bathroom came with plenty of towels, and was just a generic hotel bathroom, nothing fancy, but it was clean and well laid out.

We decided to return our rental car that night, and hired a private sedan service to take us to the airport in the morning. The hotel sent their shuttle bus to the airport to pick us up.

The reason we hired the private sedan, is that we were flying out of Ft. Lauderdale on our way to BWI and wanted to get to the airport in plenty of time to check in. This hotel, along with about 3 other properties (Holiday Inn, Candlewood Suites, Best Western, and possibly more) are owned by the same family, and share the shuttle. We did not want to be late for our flight due to having to drive all over picking up other people.

The hotel gave us some info on local restaurants, and we ended up picking Slackers Bar and Grill, which turned out to be an excellent choice. Get the onion rings.

For our private sedan, we used Larry's Limos. Although we only paid for a sedan, they sent an 8 passenger limo at no extra charge. This is probably not the norm, but if I am in this area again, I would definitely use them again. The driver was very professional.

Overall an excellent stay!
T

Room Tip: This hotel is rather new, I believe that all rooms will be in excellent condition. Get a higher floor facing the pool. If you turn your head to the left as far as it will go, you might see the Cruise Ships too!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jrdavis05
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed here a couple of nights before a cruise. My husband booked this hotel through Hotwire and got an excellent price. This was our first experience with Hotwire. Now I admit that I am rather picky about hotels, and so we were apprehensive as to how it would turn out. However, we were pleasantly surprised, and everything went very smoothly.
As others mention, the "lobby" is very small space and on the lowest level. All the other services: pool, internet, restaurant, spa, offices, etc. are provided on an upper floor ( I think it was the 7th floor?) There are no in-room safes, so you must take any valuables to the downstairs lobby (front desk) and sign them in and out of the hotel safe.
The arrangement of the shuttle was a little unusual, but was just fine.The shuttles came into the parking area below the hotel and not on the street in front. Best of all was the service provided by a man in the lobby at a little concierge desk. We didn't know at first because he was running around like crazy with a clip-board, but found out he was designated just to look after guests taking the shuttle to the airport and cruiseport. He wrote our names down and organized all the shuttles. He even arranged for a shuttle at the end of our cruise, to meet us at the cruiseport and take us to the airport (not even going to the hotel), which was great and indeed was waiting right there when we came out of the cruise disembarkation area! Kudos for great service to the Shuttle guy.
The hotel is rather by alone in an industrial area, so there isn't much around it in terms of eating or shopping. BUT the hotel itself is just fine and new, with an upscale outdoor area, spa, and pool. There seemed to be a number of groups staying here, which sometimes means noise. But we slept well and it wasn't noisy on our upper non-smoking floor.
We needed to buy a few things before getting on our cruise (including 2 bottles of wine to take on the Princess cruise), so walked over to the Publix in the Harbor Shops shopping center nearby. The information given to us was that people take a taxi to 17th Ave and through the main entrance to reach that shopping centre. Well, that takes much longer and is totally unnecessary, as the walk is perfectly safe along the #1 highway which has sidewalks, and it was easy to cross the road at 20th St., go past the storage facility, and continue straight along 20th which takes you into the back of the shopping centre where the Publix is located!
Hint: The map shows that if you want to go to Harbor Shops, 20th St. appears to be interrupted at SE10th Ave? Well, indeed you can't drive through there, but there is a very nice footpath right through, joining the two parts of 20th St. and well travelled. So the walk took maybe 10 minutes? But we took a cab back with all our parcels, and because he went out to 17th, then had bad traffic and stop-lights to get around onto #1 and so forth, it actually took longer on the return!
Minus: only one - the restaurant in the hotel pretends to be upscale in the evening with tablecloths, specialty wines, etc. but is really just the breakfast room. It is overpriced for what you get; meanwhile the fluorescent lighting, loud music from the adjoining bar AND the large screen TVs going constantly mean it isn't a quiet relaxing place. We ate there for convenience.
Others have advised to go out by taxi for dinner because there are better restaurants elsewhere, and I would agree.
I did however manage to spot a bottle of this year's Beaujolais Nouveau on the shelf! Although neither the waiter or the bartender knew what it was and couldn't bring it to us, we got it eventually - I just had to walk behind, pick up the bottle, and take it to the bartender myself. He had no idea about wine.

Room Tip: As for upper floor, non-smoking, quiet, and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OD
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We were stranded to say the least. My wife and I along with two other couple flew to Ft Lauderdale to go on a cruise. We came a day early to unwind and get ready for the vacation. The hotel we originally booked turned out to be a REAL DUMP! It was now after midnight. We found The Crowne Plaza Airport/Cruise Hotel only a block away and took a chance that they might have 3 rooms available. We were treated like royalty by the desk manager, Carl Dorvil! He went beyond the call of duty, treated us so well, got us rooms for that night and also booked us for the next night as well. I do a lot of traveling and I am treated well very often, but Carl was the best! On top of that, the hotel was beautiful & the rooms were awesome. All three couples went to the restaurant hotel for dinner the 2nd night. The service was great and the food was excellent! I give this hotel 6 stars of 5...TOPS and BEYOND!
THANKS CARL!

Room Tip: All three rooms that we had were absolutely great.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PastorBenson
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We flew into Ft. Lauderdale with friends for a once in a lifetime dream vacation and we had booked a hotel through a popular online booking company and "thought" we were getting a nice hotel. But when we arrived we were very disappointed and started in our search for a new hotel at 1:00 AM. The Crowne Plaza was nearby and we stopped in and couldn't have been taken care of any better! The front desk clerk on duty was the best! His name is Carl Dorvil and he was a breath of fresh air for some weary travelers. My wife and I had left Maine 17 hours earlier and Carl's smile and service and help was one of the best things to happen to us that day. Thanks Carl!

Pastor Artie Dean
Bangor, Maine

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Artie D
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel and found everything we were looking for. Prior to arrival I requested a double bed and the double room was ready for early check-in.
The lobby is indeed in the "basement", but this is no problem at all. The parking attendants are very friendly and from the moment you step in the hotel everyone is all smiles.
Great service from Michelle and Gabriele at the front desk, always cheerful, always willing to got the extra mile.
I had ordered some items through Amazon.com and these were promptly delivered (after being held for me in a secured area).

We found the room to be clean and comfortable, the beds were great, it was nice to have a goodworking fridge, microwave and coffee-maker. The big screen TV's are pleasant and eventhough the hip decor is not my style, it gave the hotel a fresh look.

We stayed on floor 6, you could see the cruise ships across the street at Port Canaveral. I would definitely stay at this hotel if I'm cruising as it is the closest to port. There is a wellstocked sundry store on floor 5 to buy your last minute items if you don't have a car.
I do recommend renting a car if staying longer than 1 day. This is pretty easy as Hertz has an office in the hotel and Thrifty and Enterprise are across the street.

The business center with free highspeed internet, printer and office supplies helped us out a lot when we had to change flights and make other arrangements.

Room service was VERY quick, very affordable and actually very tasty.

For a 3-star hotel, we experienced 4-star service and amenities. I will most definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The hotel has a "quiet" floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family