“Long wait at the airport”

Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Ranked #22 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We waited over an hour in the hot sun with 3 other families waiting for the shuttle to pick us up and take us to the Crowne Plaza. Not a good start to the trip. The rooms were small but very clean. The beds were wonderful, and it was a quiet room that gave us a good nights sleep. The bathroom was EXTREMELY small. Two people cannot be in there at the same time unless one is in the shower. We ate lunch in their restaurant. The prices were high and the quality was average. There are no other restaurants close to the hotel. We used the business center to get a number for a close Pizza Hut for dinner. The business center was very nice. The shuttle to take us to the cruise the next morning was complete chaos. I'm very glad we booked the earliest shuttle.

2  Thank TeresaLee8764

Reviewed May 23, 2011

We arrived after a very long flight from Las Vegas around 8 pm and were exhausted!!! The pick up from the airport was a bonus (unexpected), from the pick up to the return journey to the Pier everyone was so helpful and friendly - smiling service everywhere.
We were starving - went to our room and WOW!! the decor was beautiful (and all those cushions??) We thought we'd be too late for a meal but went to the dining room and were greeted and made very welcome - being an Ozzie we needed a beer to quench our thirst and explained that - no problems - ordered a meal and once again no problems, the food was great. The room was "lovely" we felt at home. If you're going cruising and need a night's stay - no worries mate - the Crowne Plaza is great!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CruizingCouple
Reviewed May 23, 2011

May you'll find a bad surprise and delays, because the shuttle. You are in risk of loose your flight if you're in a rush because this.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank abdafuer
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This place was chosen because of free transportation from the airport to the hotel.
I must say this is really a nice hotel. The room was large and spacious. The room had a king size bed and very comfortable. There was a large screen TV with HD. The bathroom was very comfortable. The receptionist was very helpful. The driver picked us up at the airport and was kind and friendly. This hotel had a restaurant and the food was very good. Be prepared to spend some money if you choose to eat there. It did have a place to by essential items like snacks etc. But the vending machines only carried soda, etc. There is a gym and a pool outside. Another reason why we chose Crowne Plaza is because they have a shuttle to the pier. Which was 5 dollars per person. Which was very convenient and reasonably priced. A whole lot less than taking a cab. Since this is near the airport, it is very quiet. Would definitely go back their again for the next cruise.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Queenbee1955
Reviewed May 12, 2011

This hotel is very close to the cruise terminal. It appears to be fairly new. It has a strange aura about it that is hard to describe. The beds are very comfortable but the rooms almost seem austere. The lobby is small and austere also. The staff is very friendly. The hotel is quiet. The restaurant food is very good. Maybe it's just me but the whole thing seemed a little off kilter. Would I stay there again? Probably not. Just cant put my finger on what is wrong.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
hotelmgt455, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your experience with us. We apologize if the aura of the hotel was not what you were expecting when you arrived to stay with us. The hotel has been designed to give off a feeling of warmth, happiness, and above all relaxation. We would be more than happy to speak with you in person to find out how we can better accommodate you in the future. We hope you will consider us again in the future and look forward to the day that we can do so. Warm regards from the Crowne Plaza team.

Reviewed May 12, 2011

This hotel is not only "Green", Clean and Fresh but the stafdf and management is truly caring and remarkably customer focused. I own a 6,000 employee company that specialized in customer service. I am critical of good service and the wow factor. This hotel has equipped itself withthe finest staff i have met outrside a 6-Star high end property. A tremendous value with a smile. A great resturant with the same level of service. I recomend it to my family, friends and corporate employees.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2011

The rooms are great and the restaurant is mediocre. The service at the front desk and from the male manager was AWFUL!! I am allergic to down and therefore asked for a few foam pillows. The first girl at the front desk was completely clueless and said housekeeping was gone for the day. She made no offer to seek foam pillows for me. She said she would call me back and she never did so I spoke with girl #2 at the front desk. She at least attempted to resolve my problem, but when I returned from dinner, the 2 pillows left in my room were NOT foam. One was down and the other was a couch cushion in a pillow case!! When I asked to speak to a manager, his comment to me was "what's the big deal...they are just pillows". I explained to him that I was severely allergic to down pillows and therefore required foam pillows. I would never stay at this hotel again because it is very apparent to me that the customer service just isn't there. I am a Priority Club member and normally am greeted as such. These front desk employees have not been appropriately trained in the normal Priority Club manner. The room was nice, so that was the only saving grace here. DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!

1  Thank FSUgirlGreenville