“A wise choice to rest up before or after a cruise.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port

Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Ranked #20 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
“A wise choice to rest up before or after a cruise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

This place was chosen because of free transportation from the airport to the hotel.
I must say this is really a nice hotel. The room was large and spacious. The room had a king size bed and very comfortable. There was a large screen TV with HD. The bathroom was very comfortable. The receptionist was very helpful. The driver picked us up at the airport and was kind and friendly. This hotel had a restaurant and the food was very good. Be prepared to spend some money if you choose to eat there. It did have a place to by essential items like snacks etc. But the vending machines only carried soda, etc. There is a gym and a pool outside. Another reason why we chose Crowne Plaza is because they have a shuttle to the pier. Which was 5 dollars per person. Which was very convenient and reasonably priced. A whole lot less than taking a cab. Since this is near the airport, it is very quiet. Would definitely go back their again for the next cruise.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Queenbee1955

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Bernalillo, NM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

This hotel is very close to the cruise terminal. It appears to be fairly new. It has a strange aura about it that is hard to describe. The beds are very comfortable but the rooms almost seem austere. The lobby is small and austere also. The staff is very friendly. The hotel is quiet. The restaurant food is very good. Maybe it's just me but the whole thing seemed a little off kilter. Would I stay there again? Probably not. Just cant put my finger on what is wrong.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotelmgt455, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience with us. We apologize if the aura of the hotel was not what you were expecting when you arrived to stay with us. The hotel has been designed to give off a feeling of warmth, happiness, and above all relaxation. We would be more than happy to speak with you in person to find out how we can better accommodate you in the future. We hope you will consider us again in the future and look forward to the day that we can do so. Warm regards from the Crowne Plaza team.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

This hotel is not only "Green", Clean and Fresh but the stafdf and management is truly caring and remarkably customer focused. I own a 6,000 employee company that specialized in customer service. I am critical of good service and the wow factor. This hotel has equipped itself withthe finest staff i have met outrside a 6-Star high end property. A tremendous value with a smile. A great resturant with the same level of service. I recomend it to my family, friends and corporate employees.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

The rooms are great and the restaurant is mediocre. The service at the front desk and from the male manager was AWFUL!! I am allergic to down and therefore asked for a few foam pillows. The first girl at the front desk was completely clueless and said housekeeping was gone for the day. She made no offer to seek foam pillows for me. She said she would call me back and she never did so I spoke with girl #2 at the front desk. She at least attempted to resolve my problem, but when I returned from dinner, the 2 pillows left in my room were NOT foam. One was down and the other was a couch cushion in a pillow case!! When I asked to speak to a manager, his comment to me was "what's the big deal...they are just pillows". I explained to him that I was severely allergic to down pillows and therefore required foam pillows. I would never stay at this hotel again because it is very apparent to me that the customer service just isn't there. I am a Priority Club member and normally am greeted as such. These front desk employees have not been appropriately trained in the normal Priority Club manner. The room was nice, so that was the only saving grace here. DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FSUgirlGreenville
Carmel, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

Crowne Plaza advertises a "Wake-Up Call Guarantee," promising to refund you a night's stay if you don't receive your wake-up call within 5 minutes of the requested time. This "guarantee" a complete lie. I asked for a 9:30 wake-up call on on the first morning of my trip. I ended up waking up on my own shortly after 9:00. I didn't leave the room until 10:00, and my phone never rang. So I can say with absolute certainty that I never received my wake-up call. When I called the front desk clerk, he told me that "the system showed that the wake-up call was made." I explained that I had been in the room all morning and that the phone never rang. He put me on hold while he talked to a manager and came back telling me that since the system said that the call was sent, all he could do was give me a free breakfast.

So I was pretty mad, but at least I was already awake and didn't miss anything important. I decide not to return to this hotel in the future or to send any of my clients here, but I still have 5 nights at this place, so I try to ignore it and enjoy the rest of my stay.

At check-out, a manager asked me how I had enjoyed my stay, so I told him about the problem with my wake-up call. He brought out another manager who assured me that one night's stay would be credited back to me.

This part of the story is my fault. As a travel agent, I really should have known to get something in writing before leaving the hotel, but I was in a hurry to get to the airport and mistakenly thought I could trust two managers from (what I had considered at the time to be) a reputable hotel.

So when I tried to get a refund from the hotel consolidator that I had used for this booking, they told me that they would need something in writing in order to get the refund from the hotel. I have tried repeatedly in the week that I've been home to contact a manager from the hotel, but each time I get sent to voicemail. I leave messages requesting an email verifying the credit they had promised to give me, but all of my messages are ignored.

I wasn't nearly this angry when the first person I spoke to told me that all they could give me was a free breakfast. But to actually promise a refund and not give it is even worse. If the hotel has no intention of honoring the "wake-up call guarantee," they should stop advertising it.

Other than the lying hotel managers and not honoring their guarantee, the hotel was still only average. The only thing going for this place is the location. The lobby is small and uninviting, the food at the hotel restaurant is not very good and extremely overpriced, and there was trash in the pool. (And if you like a sunny pool, this is not the place to be. The hotel building blocks the sun so there's nothing but shade from about 2:00 pm on.)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank CruiseTA
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

Stayed here for a night prior to going on a cruise. The hotel room was very nice. The beds were very comfortable. They gave us a sleep mask and earplugs which we took with us on the cruise. Ate breakfast and dinner at Kiki's restaurant. The service was excellent and the food was very good. Nice little work out facility. A Perfect place if you are leaving out of Fort Lauderdale to go on a cruise.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Bedford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

We are seasoned travelers and over the years have developed our expectation "list." The Crowne Plaza did not disappoint us during our one night stay prior to our cruise. We had read some negative reviews but knew that the majority of people who are satisfied with their hotel do not comment.

We were treated very well by all in which we came into contact. We had family members that had arrived very late but were treated equally as well as those that arrived earlier. The front desk was always polite and willing to accommodate. The bar/restaurant personnel went out of their way to serve us and the menu was adequate. The van drivers from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port were equally helpful.

Our room was spacious and very clean.

Location is the only drawback we found. However, for us it was not an issue as shopping, beach activities or exploring restaurants was not our objective.

We would definately stay here again should the occassion arise.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple