“Tops for Burgers ~ Excellent Service!!”

Gilbert's 17th Street Grill
Ranked #6 of 1,375 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Gilbert's 17th Street Grill is a family owned and operated restaurant that serves up great burgers, ribs, wings, home made soups, and salads. Daily blackboard specials include Pan Seared Tuna, Chinese Roast Pork on Garlic Toast, Havarti Burger Served on a Toasted Garlic English Muffin and The Hottest Burger in South Florida. Also has some great homemade desserts including Mrs. Gilbert's Rocky Road Road Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Key Lime Pie and NY Style Cheesecake. The Gilbert family has served South Florida for the last 10 years and has over 40 years experience in the food service industry. A family member is always on site and happy to open up their kitchen to you, treating your family like family!
Reviewed July 28, 2014

A bit difficult to find but It's worth the search. As we entered, a very friendly staff member came out from behind the "self-order" grill counter and explained how the system worked. Pick a special from those listed on the chalkboard or anything from the regular menu placed on the counter top. The printed menu has light fare to full meals. We were there to try the #1 burger as posted in the Ft. Lauderdale Newspaper... the result of a recent survey.
There is a choice of sides to go with the grilled to order prize winner. .

After paying, we chose a booth and waited briefly for another friendly staff member who set us up with real tableware, various condiments.and a beverage. In less then 10 minutes, she was back with our lunch. Yes, the burger is very good. Cooked to perfection and 8 ounces of meat.. NO fillers!
Juicy but not greasy on a not too big or "doughy" bun. My lunch mate ordered fries and I the "to die for" onion rings. We split a pre-made lava cake as a "top off". Satisfied our urge for chocolate but next time will most likely opt for the cookies. Throughout the experience, the friendly server re-filled our beverage glass and made us comfortable. Yes, we will return!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our family completely stumbled upon this gem of a restaurant the night before our cruise out of Port Everglades. We walked in and were greeted by one of the friendliest ladies we met on the trip, who turns out to be the owner (with her husband) mom Gilbert. It is a family environment with the husband and daughter working the grills and the wife making sure everyone is please. I kid you not, best darn burger I have ever had. I cruised on the Allure of the Seas of 7 nights after that, and my favorite meal of the trip was that burger. We are planning out trip next year out of Miami but flying into FLL just so we can stop by and get some more burgers.

4  Thank captain_cruising
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Casual dining spot. Self order. Burgers were cooked to order. Nice beefy, juicy not over seasoned flavor. I like how the 8oz burger patty was shaped. Roasted tomato and split pea soups were nice ample portion. Coleslaw was good. Buns are not toasted but they will upon request. Cheesecake, cookie, and lava cake tasted nice and fresh. Prompt servers. Nice family run place. Will return for burger fix.

1  Thank Zibroid
Reviewed July 24, 2014

One of the best burguers that I've tasted in my life. The owner of the restaurante is in charge of it. She takes your order and meanwhile you are enjoying your burguer she ask you regarding your experience. Allways had an smile.

The burguer was homemade and really big. You have many options to order. I ordered a cheeseburguer with bacon and other stuff with french fries. It was delicious.

The place close early, around 9 pm, so you have to arrive early to enjoy your meal easily.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I of course found this gem through trip advisor, and as soon as I saw sweet potato fries I was in! I got a simple hot dog with the fries and it was very good! A little pricey considering what I ordered but there were people bringing me condiments and filling up my drink. Very nice staff.