“What a delight”

Gilbert's 17th Street Grill
Ranked #6 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Gilbert's 17th Street Grill is a family owned and operated restaurant that serves up great burgers, ribs, wings, home made soups, and salads. Daily blackboard specials include Pan Seared Tuna, Chinese Roast Pork on Garlic Toast, Havarti Burger Served on a Toasted Garlic English Muffin and The Hottest Burger in South Florida. Also has some great homemade desserts including Mrs. Gilbert's Rocky Road Road Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Key Lime Pie and NY Style Cheesecake. The Gilbert family has served South Florida for the last 10 years and has over 40 years experience in the food service industry. A family member is always on site and happy to open up their kitchen to you, treating your family like family!
Australia
“What a delight”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This place was so good we back. From the moment you are greeted at the door, by the owner Lenore no less, it was great. She explained the menu, gave suggestion and was just so friendly, The hamburger was one of the best i have ever tasted, great sweet potato fries and coleslaw too. We had the cookies for desert, Lenore makes them herself, the warm Rock Road one is toooooo good, yum. She pops around chatting to everyone to make sure everyone is OK, it has a great atmosphere and deserves 'The Best Hambuger' Title. thanks from Australia

• Visited December 2013

“Deserves Top Rating”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Our family visited Gilbert's for dinner tonight and were delighted at the quality of the food, the service, and the warm reception we received upon our arrival by, none other than, owner Lenore Gilbert herself. As burgers are the foundation of her business, we of course indulged. They were amazing!!! I had the 8oz Louisiana style burger and my wife and daughter had 8oz originals. They were absolutely delicious. And the fries were even better. I had all French fries while my wife/daughter has a mix of French fries and sweet potato fries; I should have had the mix as the sweet potatoes were just as terrific as the French fries. This is a family owned and operated business and the care and attention given to their food, their decor, and to their customers is top notch. This is a must for anyone, visitor or native. Well done Gilbert's!! Care to open in Baltimore?

California
“Yes, I knew it was #1 on Tripadvisor...”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We took a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and we are always looking for a great burger place...we decided to try Gilbert's 17th Street Grill because it was close to our hotel. Yes, I knew it was #1 on Trip advisor...

I ordered the mushroom burger and my husband ordered the barbecue bacon burger. Both of our burgers were very good, but were not outstanding! The fries were delicious, though! My favorite burger place is still Bachi Burger in Las Vegas!!!!!!!!!!

The service was great. My experience was good, the restaurant was clean and all employees were very nice and helpful.

Pasadena, Maryland
“Best Burgers Around...family owned”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have to admit, they have really great burgers. 100% Angus beef was grilled perfectly with really good sweet potato fries. Well worth the stop.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Talk about a Terrific Restaurant!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The food is truly excellent.. Best Burgers in town and one delicious Pork Sandwich among the fine fare offered. The fries either Sweet Potato or French are not only perfect but served piping hot. The family that owns and runs this place is friendly and go out of their way to please.. The waiters are extremely polite and take very good care of customers. I've dined at Gilbert's many (many) times, always a wonderful experience!