“Great surprise!”

Gilbert's 17th Street Grill
Ranked #6 of 1,414 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gilbert's 17th Street Grill is a family owned and operated restaurant that serves up great burgers, ribs, wings, home made soups, and salads. Daily blackboard specials include Pan Seared Tuna, Chinese Roast Pork on Garlic Toast, Havarti Burger Served on a Toasted Garlic English Muffin and The Hottest Burger in South Florida. Also has some great homemade desserts including Mrs. Gilbert's Rocky Road Road Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Key Lime Pie and NY Style Cheesecake. The Gilbert family has served South Florida for the last 10 years and has over 40 years experience in the food service industry. A family member is always on site and happy to open up their kitchen to you, treating your family like family!
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on reading the reviews on Trip Advisor.....we were greeted by the owner as soon as we walked in and explained how the restaurant works....we chatted for awhile with her and then ordered.....what a surprise...we had prompt service and the best and freshest dinner we've had in a long time. Everything from the burger to French fries to coleslaw was delicious! The owner checked to see how we enjoyed it and she treated us to the best cookie I've had and I am a baker! She was even gracious enough to show me the type of sugar she uses in her recipe.
Do yourself a favor and try this great restaurant....it has certainly earned all the accolades it has received.

1  Thank Papa19
Write a ReviewReviews (1,499)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

On a chance opportunity to visit with some friends who were en route to a cruise - I scouted TripAdvisor for a good place to have lunch together. Gilbert's was rated the number 1 restaurant in the Fort Lauderdale area - so opted to find it and try it out. The staff is warm, inviting, and the burgers are great. But this is a cafeteria type dining experience - so the ambiance is not quiet and conversational; and, I can't believe in a city this size this is the top rated dining available.

Located in a very busy shopping area - finding a parking space was difficult. If you are visiting the area and looking for a good burger or lite fare meal - then Gilbert's is a great choice. If you are looking for a place to visit with friends you seldom get to see and want to linger over a late lunch and enjoy conversation and company....this is not the right place.

1  Thank G0dm0ther
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch, me and my wife had a burger each it was good, creative mixes, I think the patty was a little too thick for the bun choice, and the meat had no traces of seasoning, but the staff was super friendly and the atmosphere was casual and relaxing, the staff really makes this place great I really can't say enough about them, definitely going to come back when I'm back in town...

1  Thank SteveMcJr
Reviewed December 4, 2013

For forty years I have been searching for good Roast Pork on Garlic bread and this is it. Since Herbie's International closed over 40 years ago I have been on a crazy search. I would only make one small suggestion to the owner - serve it with Chinese mustard in addition to the duck sauce. By the way, my wife loved the burger and sweet potato fries.

We will be back for more.

3  Thank popiX9
Reviewed November 28, 2013

All the great reviews are true. The whole experience was great from being greeted upon entering to the meal and the goodbyes. Food was exceptional and certainly not mediocre in my opinion. Eight of us went to Gilbert's based on reading the reviews and none of us were disappointed.

3  Thank terrib05