“Still Excellent”

Gilbert's 17th Street Grill
Ranked #6 of 1,357 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Gilbert's 17th Street Grill is a family owned and operated restaurant that serves up great burgers, ribs, wings, home made soups, and salads. Daily blackboard specials include Pan Seared Tuna, Chinese Roast Pork on Garlic Toast, Havarti Burger Served on a Toasted Garlic English Muffin and The Hottest Burger in South Florida. Also has some great homemade desserts including Mrs. Gilbert's Rocky Road Road Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Key Lime Pie and NY Style Cheesecake. The Gilbert family has served South Florida for the last 10 years and has over 40 years experience in the food service industry. A family member is always on site and happy to open up their kitchen to you, treating your family like family!
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Acclaim has not spoiled this excellent restaurant. In the year since my last visit, Gilbert's has become the top-rated restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. Unlike many restaurants that tend to drop in quality after achieving a wide reputation, Gilbert's continues to serve wonderful food (especially burgers) with the same high standards that have earned it a large and loyal following. Great place for lunch or light dinner.

1  Thank 1510michael

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I walked in and was greeted and informed of the menu by the owner. Very nice family business and the food was great. I had the salmon which was delicious as well as the corn chowder. The yummy chocolate molten cake. My kids enjoyed the grilled wings and the free wifi! My hubby did not like his spicy sweet potato fries though but all in all great spot!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The burger is good - NOT fantastic or superior. The service is good - BUT it should be. Decor is not offensive and the place is clean....so what.
A bit over priced and not a great choice for the elders or kids - they simply just can't/shouldn't eat 1/2 pound burgers.
And something a little odd about mama...about who she speaks with and doesn't speak with.
Noticed as well as overheard outside.
I must admit, the young lad working the floor, cleaning and bringing the food worked like "an owner" - pleasant, courteous, respectful and helpful.
Although you order yourself...please tip these guys - they deserve it.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Thank you Tripadvisor reviewers, I am so glad we read the reviews and visited this place! We had a short visit to Ft.Lauderdale and wanted to try Gilbert's before our flight left. We were greeted by the owner, Lenore and her sons. What a great bunch from NY! They knew everyone by name that came in, and treated us like family.

Walk up and place your order, grab your drink and take a seat, they will bring your ourder over. They offered to refill our drinks and checked ot make sure our Burger was do right. Superb service!
SAVE ROOM FOR DESSERT...the owner makes delicious desserts. We had her Key Lime Pie, which was the best(as rated) in southwest Florida. She shared with us how she worked on perfecting the recipe. Awesome!
I have to insert here that this is a restaurant in a shopping area, but wait! Not all restaurants can be on the water front, and honestly, some don't deserve to be , with the "food" they serve. But this is a gem worth visiting.

1  Thank 18kimmr
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Let me start of saying that I am not normally a burger fan but I made an exception after reading about this place. My husband and I both had the Brie burger which they cooked perfectly to our liking. I also really enjoyed the sweet potato fries which are one of my favorite snacks. All employees were very nice and attentive. The guy taking the order also noticed my husbands ravens hat. Service was fast considering the size of the burger and that it was all made fresh. This was a great start of our little vacation.

1  Thank MarylandHolly