“Great!”

Gilbert's 17th Street Grill
Ranked #6 of 1,351 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Gilbert's 17th Street Grill is a family owned and operated restaurant that serves up great burgers, ribs, wings, home made soups, and salads. Daily blackboard specials include Pan Seared Tuna, Chinese Roast Pork on Garlic Toast, Havarti Burger Served on a Toasted Garlic English Muffin and The Hottest Burger in South Florida. Also has some great homemade desserts including Mrs. Gilbert's Rocky Road Road Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Key Lime Pie and NY Style Cheesecake. The Gilbert family has served South Florida for the last 10 years and has over 40 years experience in the food service industry. A family member is always on site and happy to open up their kitchen to you, treating your family like family!
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is awesome. The owner greeted our large group and walked us through the menu. The burger is really good and the fries (fresh cut) are also delicious. Try the Havarti Burger on English Muffin. Several members of our group ordered dessert as well. The large rocky road cookie is expensive but worth the price. I would definitely return here when back in Fort Lauderdale.

1  Thank jpkitner

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Best burger ever sums it up. Not real fancy and not real expensive, but they really know how to cook a burger. Dined with dear friends. We ordered from the owner who told us to come back to him if we had any complaints. There weren't any. Would dine there all the time if we were from the area.

1  Thank WRKirk
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Post cruise found us near Gilbert's and my curiosity from TA reviews drew us to the front door. Then we ran into Gilbert who personally invited us in for the best burger around. He was so engaging, we followed him inside. Then he introduced us to his wife and son, a true family business. The burgers and fries were great! Just wish I lived closer so I could try her home made soups. Guess I will have to wait for another trip to FL.

2  Thank Monica S
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I seeked this place out due to the reviews here and my family and I were not disappointed. We were greeted by the owner and served well by the staff. The burgers and ribs were one of the best we had!

2  Thank rolliecoaster16
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try out Gilbert's since they were number 1 on trip advisor...let me tell you it was worth it. The burger was amazing but the service was the best! Chef Kely was extremely hospitable and friendly. #gilbertsiswickedgood

3  Thank Rachel E