“Great lunch!”

Gilbert's 17th Street Grill
Ranked #6 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Gilbert's 17th Street Grill is a family owned and operated restaurant that serves up great burgers, ribs, wings, home made soups, and salads. Daily blackboard specials include Pan Seared Tuna, Chinese Roast Pork on Garlic Toast, Havarti Burger Served on a Toasted Garlic English Muffin and The Hottest Burger in South Florida. Also has some great homemade desserts including Mrs. Gilbert's Rocky Road Road Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Key Lime Pie and NY Style Cheesecake. The Gilbert family has served South Florida for the last 10 years and has over 40 years experience in the food service industry. A family member is always on site and happy to open up their kitchen to you, treating your family like family!
Montreal, Quebec
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went to Gilbert's on our recent trip to Fort Lauderdale. Great hamburgers and delicious fries and cole slaw. As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by a very friendly young man asking if this was our first visit. He took the time to explain everything to us. We would definitely go back to Gilbert's!!!

1 Thank debs0712

new jersey
“mmmmmmmmmmmmm”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I am a discerning NYC restrant-patron. My friends took me to this wonderful place and I could not believe this . . . it was the best hamburger (brie and frizzled onions) I have ever had in my life! I would go to Fort Lauderdale again just for a burger. And the homemade mushroom soup was to die for! Fort Lauderdale visitors (I am sure the locals all know about this fab friendly place) - it is def worth the trip. You will not forget it.

1 Thank andreanne
Stockholm, Sweden
“Their sweet potatoes fries are to die for!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We're ate here yesterday. Really nice and welcoming owners, good atmosphere, good prices, awesome burgers but the best part was the sweet potatoe fries. You can't miss this if you come to Fort Lauderdale! Really worth it!

2 Thank PutteANDCarro
Belize
“Great place to have lunch!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We found Gilbert's by reading the review on Trip Advisor. You could easily over look this nice, clean and efficient little burger joint. If you are in the Ft. Lauderdale area and are looking for a great burger, at a great price, with great fries in a atmospohere of genuine good service, Gilbert's is not to be missed. Has the burger with bacon, brie & fried onions, it was very good. The owner walks around the place, the wait staff are super helpful, attentive & friendly. Everything was severla notches above the usual burger joint. We will definitely be returning.

2 Thank Bouloys
Jupiter, Florida
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife, my friends, and I really enjoyed this place! The food was fresh, the atmosphere was contemporary casual, the owners and staff were customer focused, and the food was excellent. My wife and I had corn chowder, tuna sandwiches, and fries. All was very good (fries were the best I've ever had). Our friends had burgers, fries, and key lime pie. All was very good there too (key lime pie was very very good). I would have given them 5 stars but the ordering processes was a little confusing; but...eat here, its well worth it.
If you are a visitor at a hotel, venue, or attraction on Atlantic Ave. (or Sea breeze Blvd.) drive south. Both Atlantic and Seabreeze merge and curve west to become 17th St. Cross the large harbor bridge and you will turn left at the light on Cordoba St. Go straight back to the mall and turn right at the mall circle (roundabout). 17th Street Cafe is on the Northwest corner of the mall. Enjoy!

3 Thank 503Jupiter_Resident