“Best run fishing company in Florida!”

Fishing Headquarters
More attraction details
Owner description: Come out for a fun day of fishing in Fort Lauderdale. We offer daily deep sea drift fishing trips aboard the Catch My Drift party boat for $40 per adult/$30 for kids. Or come out on a big game sportfishing charter with the best fishing crew in Fort Lauderdale. Our drift boat, the Catch My Drift, takes out a big group of passengers and they drift along the reefs for kingfish, snapper and grouper. This is a public charter, so anyone can come. We supply all the bait and tackle, licenses, rods/reels and coolers with ice. Our night trip is especially good for catching action on red snappers, that are great eating. The crew offers free fish cleaning and there are several restaurants within walking distance of our boat where they will cook your catch. Our sportfishing charters are our best trip for catching bigger and more fish per person. Sportfishing charters take a maximum of 6 people at a time and we target bigger fish such as sailfish, mahi-mahi, wahoo, sharks and tuna. On this trip, our fishing methods are trolling, live baiting, and shipwreck fishing. Catch the biggest fish Fort Lauderdale has to offer and get a trophy fish for your wall.
Akron, Ohio
“Best run fishing company in Florida!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I live in Ohio. After 5 years of fishing regularly with Fishing Headquarters I felt it was about time to tell people why I go there so often. This is the place to fish at any experience level.

Driftfishing on the spacious Catch My Drift is at a budget price with a friendly and capable crew. You have the opportunity to catch World Record fish or a 250lb shark...I did!

Walk-up for an all-day trolling/drift fishing trip on the Mary Bee (This boat is really lucky with fish. I think it is the hull shape, but no one really knows for sure?)

Move up to sportfishing by chartering your own boat. Fish like a Millionaire for a few hundred bucks or share the cost with another group and meet some fun people. (The crews on The Big Game, Keepin' It Reel, and Out of the Blue are very experienced and work really hard to get you decent fish. In about 8 sport trips they have taught me alot about sportfishing and how to target Pelagic species and huge bottom fish in the Grouper and Snapper family. The crew cleans your fish and there are two great restaurants next to the docks that will cook your catch. Bring your own reels or use the provided heavy duty Penn reels and rods. Leave your Zebco's and bass rods at home because at any time you could get a bite from a sea monster. The ride out is fun and once out in the ocean you'll be fishing between 100 and 600ft depths within a few minutes of shore. (Elsewhere in Florida you'll travel hours just to get to 100 feet of water.) That is why Ft Lauderdale in known for its fishing.

My name is Doug--I wear Ohio State stuff. I hope to see you soon because that means I am Fishing too! I fish with kids when I can-my wife doesn't fish. Bring your kids or the ladies and we all have more fun.

Oh and remember that your captain and crew serves you by rigging equipment before you arrive, catching and cutting bait plus netting or gaffing your fish. And they clean the boat! It is customary to give them a tip that reflects: the size of your group, the length of the trip, the fish that they net or gaff, their experience and the good time you have! I like to be known as a good fisherman and a good tipper!

Visited September 2013

Tampa, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun trip”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We decided to so some fishing when we where in the area. We did the 130-530 drift fishing. The staff was great, friendly and very helpful. We didn't catch anything. But it was a good day!

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Night fishing”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Last night our family went night fishing. I had a good time. Sights were awesome. Jamie was great. Will do again .

Houston, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“No catch but fun day!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was a spur of the moment excursion. I read about it in a pamphlet that I picked up at the airport. My husband called and got us a reservation for that afternoon. They encouraged us to bring our own food and drinks. We boarded with some very friendly folks and were soon on our way. We had a leisurely ride to the open water and saw many beautiful homes and yachts along the way. When we stopped the crew baited our fishing poles and were always right there to help you in any way. They showed us what to do(as I am not a fisherman!!) and checked on us often. There were about 25 people on the tour but only about 5 people had any luck catching fish. Oh well, it was still fun.

Visited June 2013
Mission Viejo, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Lived Up to Advertising”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My 7 year old and me, took an afternoon charter on a 30' fishing boat. The captain and crew were awesome. We caught about 5-6 Bonita and 1 102" Sailfish. What a fabulous day on the water with Fishing Headquarters