“Fair at best...”

Sette Bello Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Sette Bello Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 1,346 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bayview Dr
Description: We are located on the corner of 62nd st and US1 in the Outback plaza right next to Wells Fargo bank. Additional parking in the rear
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I went on recommendation from TA.. I just got back from our home in Italy and was in the mood to see how the food was in Ft Lauderdale Italian place..the bread was good to start off and the server was very good...other then that just fair. The big meatballs were not that great. The chicken parm was average and not memorable.

1  Thank Anthony C

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great food, perfect service, pleasant environment, it doesn't get any better in northeast Fort Lauderdale. As a dessert fan, I have to mention that both the apple pie with cinnamon ice cream and the tiramisu were outstanding.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This restaurant is located in a strip mall, so the attractive outside seating area was out of the question for me. Besides, it was too hot out this time of year. Inside it was pleasantly air conditioned. There was a neat Mediterranean theme created by faux columns and arches in the dining area. Fashionable floor tiles. White tablecloths. Tables set up with glassware, silverware, and cloth napkins. Soft background music from Pandora. A pleasant dining atmosphere.

I ordered a dish of pasta stuffed with pears. This lunchtime entrée came with bread and soup. The bread, in a basket, was brought to my table first. It was warm with a crunchy crust around a soft interior, just the way I like it.

My waiter was not much on personality, but he was efficient and accommodating.

Then came the pasta fagioli soup -- or what was called soup. It was quite favorful but very, very watery, more like a broth than a soup. I saw only a single (white) bean. It looked so lonely swimming around in a sea of broth all by itself. And the soup own half filled the bowl, as though someone was interrupted when ladling the soup into the bowl and never get back to finish the task.

The pasta dish had good eye appeal, but there wasn't much of it, more like an appetizer than an entrée. But it was simply delicious.

My rating is actually a 3 1/2.

2  Thank Bunmaster2014
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The specials are a little pricey but exceptionally good. The grilled calamari steak over greens with olive oil and lemon was an excellent appetizer. The frutti di mare was amazing - served over linguine with clams, salmon and a huge lobster tail. The snapper livornese was also excellent - even the side of pasta was delicious. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable regarding the menu and wines. First class tiramisu for dessert. There are many more moderately priced items on the regular menu which, based on our dinners, we imagine are also of the highest quality. A great restaurant!!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The dress code for the restaurant was casual to dressy. I wore khaki dress pants with a polo shirt, while my boyfriend wore jeans and a polo shirt. We felt comfortable with our clothing choice. The ambiance of the restaurant was warm, inviting and relaxing; the waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and down-to-earth; the food was delicious.

The table comes with a complimentary serving of bruschetta. We split the salad to create two side salads in addition to our entrées. We ordered the citrus-grilled shrimp and a special which was pasta with shrimp. The citrus shrimp consisted of four very large shrimp (which was filling). The daily special had the shrimp cut up, so it is difficult to say how many there were, but it was delicious and filling. The apple fold dessert was also palate-pleasing.

There is outdoor seating, but the restaurant is located in a strip mall, so not very "scenic" or romantic. The restaurant would be very appropriate for a romantic dinner, a celebratory dinner with family or even a business dinner.