“Great Location & Price (for this time of year), Cute Room”
Review of Galt Villas Inn

Galt Villas Inn
Ranked #17 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed February 16, 2011

You can feel the hospitality when you talk to anyone who works at Galt Villas. They were happy to accept our online discount coupon, even in February. The location was ideal. It was an easy walk to shops and dining places for all tastes and budgets (even with a Jazz club and dance floor), the beach, and Winn-Dixie grocery store. Just a few miles across the Intracoastal waterway are malls, shops, and more restaurants. There was ample parking. Our clean, no-smoking room had a comfy king-sized bed, fridge, freezer, microwave, coffee maker, ceiling fan, A/C, and phone. I liked the oceanic aqua wall paint.

This is not a lavish hotel, but it's clean and has everything you need. Although the bathtub was pink (it was clean and fully functional), the bedroom was small (but the storage and bathroom made up for it), and the TV was old-style, I still think Galt Villas is a wonderful place to stay because of the staff, price, cleanliness, and most of all the location.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank QuirkyRedheadFL

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Visited Ft. Lauderdale yet again this year and again we stayed at Galt Villas. My 6-year old was extatic, he loved the place as I always do whenever I come to south Florida. It becoming a habit. I could write 100 things here, but most important I think is that we enjoy this hotel, owners and employees, I always feel like they are my friends and its important to feel relaxed on vacation, thats what we take vacation for in the first place. No stress involved with staying at a big, corporate style hotel, where no one knows you, here everyone greets you by your name, and if there is anything you need, its being taken care of immediately. I always will be coming here and I recommend it to anyone else.
Mark
Virginia Beach,VA

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed here a few years ago and was more than pleased.....It is just as nice as last time visited...The property, rooms etc...are all very clean and well maintained...The front desk staff will do just about anything to make sure your stay is enjoyable.....They have very affordable rates....I highly recommend staying here...A+....Jim F. Redington Beach, FL.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed here for 4 days with my mom for a vacation. The hotel is a small but nice property across from the beach. One problem is that beach access is not right by the hotel. However, if you make a right out the parking lot and drive about a mile, there is plenty of street parking for the beach. You need to pay at a meter and put the receipt on your dashboard, and it costs $1.75 an hour. Not bad at all! I would recommend Galt Villas for a quiet time just outside of downtown Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: August 2010
3  Thank angmroman
Reviewed June 17, 2010

+ Large clean room. You can find in the room : TV satellite, table and chairs, big fridge, micro wave, coffee maker, coocking table, internet (no wii-fi). The bathroom was clean too !
+ price
+ situation (close to the beach, bars, restaurants, supermarkets,...) at about 5 miles from Fort Lauderdale center and 25 from dontown Miami
- no breakfast
- old propriety - need to be refresh

this motel is good enough to stay 2-3 nights and visiting the area. Average : 6.5/10

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank al1ptx
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I stayed there for 2 weeks weeks. Owners and stuff were very friendly like I was home, I have to say this was one of the best experiences I had. Hotel is located 5 minutes from the beach, close to the restaurants and entertainment , great value for money. Rooms were clean with comfortable beds.I would definitely recommend it to my friends and family . I will be back in this hotel in no time.
Paul, Columbus

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank pablo1180
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I stayed at Galt Villa Motel For a week and Im glad I did. Staff was extremely friendly, owners made me feel like I was home, I;ve traveled a lot through America and Europe and I have to say this was one of the best experiences I had. Hotel was located in the center of Ft. Lauderdale, 5 minutes from the beach, walk to the restaurants and entertainment , very clean and affordable, best value possible. I would definitely recommend it to my friends, family and anyone travelling to south Florida. Excellent choice.
Mark from Chicago