“jungle queen”

Jungle Queen Riverboat Dinner Cruise and Show
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A "Must" in Fort Lauderdale for years! Experience a little southern hospitality on this "All You Wish to Eat" BBQ Ribs, Chicken and Shrimp Dinner Cruise served family style with all the trimmings. Enjoy a pleasant and humorous commentary by the Captain about the many interesting sights and beautiful homes you'll see as we cruise up the New River, past Millionaire's Row, en route to our tropical isle to enjoy dinner and a hilarious Variety Show. The show is followed by a moonlit ride back to the dock. More than 18 million guests over the years have enjoyed the fun-filled, relaxing evening aboard. A unique evening you'll talk about, laugh about and always remember. There is nothing else like it. Jungle Queen also offers fully narrated daily Sightseeing Cruises up the historic New River past plush waterfront homes, downtown Fort Lauderdale, and a stop-off at our tropical isle to see rare birds, monkeys and an alligator exhibition. The only true way to see Fort Lauderdale.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

How do I start? Let's see, I have lived here my entire life and I've kinda always liked the Jungle queen. You can recognize her while stopped at a bridge down town. You can see her while relaxing at various local parks. ...and Yes, I recommend that everyone give it a try at least once. You might not feel the need to ever go again, unless maybe its years later and time to take your kids. The price for a sight seeing tour is twenty bucks, and i never see it too crowded so everyone gets a nice view. I sat in the front row... it was good. My last trip was in the afternoon and had no food. It might be nice, at double the price, to take a night cruise w/ food. The water and houses are even more appealing to some at night, especially if there is a full moon. *wink

Write a ReviewReviews (1,893)
All reviews
in 56 reviews
"corny jokes"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were in Ft. Lauderdale the day before our cruise and were looking for something to do that included dinner. This cruise took us around showing us all the mansions and beautiful properties. Then we arrived at an inland with entertainment, buffet style dining and the availability to purchase alcoholic beverages. This was a great way to spend the night and we were even talking about it to people on our cruise. Definitely worth the money!!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I loved the boat trip to the little "island", seeing the beautiful homes along the intracoastal waterway. The guide was interesting and informative as well. Don't go in the summer or early fall like we did. It is too hot, sticky and uncomfortable.

1  Thank Karin629
Reviewed January 9, 2013

lovely cruise with Buffett style food. Food ok but I am fussy my husband loved it. I really enjoyed the boat ride along the river.

3  Thank Sandi-Jo L
See more reviews
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've read a few reviews of The Jungle Queen that slammed it as being "boring" and "childish".
Well my wife and I went on the cruise on the advice of a co-worker on one of our trips to Florida. We both thoroughly enjoyed it, especially as we have nothing like this in our neck of the woods, Southern/Central Ontario.
The cruise takes you on a winding trip along the canals of Fort Lauderdale, and the Skipper gives you a commentary of which huge mansion belongs to whom. We found it very interesting, but be warned, some of the joikes are quite cringe worthy, but still good for a giggle.
The cruise does move away from the rich and famous area after a while, and slowly meanders along until you reach the island. There you disimbark to find a few small local wildlife exhibits, and of course....the gift shop. Moving on you find the dining area where a fairly substantial BBQ meal of chicken, ribs, fries, corn and biscuits (kind of a scone type deal for my fellow English readers). This is followed by a desert that I just can't remember. Then it's time for the entertainment.
The entertainment is geared mainly for the kids with a few jokes thrown in for the parents. There is a small kiosk at the back of the ampitheartre that sells beer and a few liquor drinks. This can help with the show a bit.
The cruise back was nice and relaxing. They dim the lights and play music without any commentary.
We enjoyed it so much, that the next time we took our kids to Florida with us, we took them on the cruise. Again it was very enjoyable and the kids loved it. We also had a couple with us on that trip, whose taste is, let's say, rather more expensive than ours. They enjoyed parts of the trip, but the BBQ and entertainment portion was NOT there cup of tea.
And now a word of warning. The first time we did the trip it was a week night, thus making it fairly quiet with ample seating. The second time was on a Friday night. It was very crowded and seating was at a bit of a premium if you were trying to get a lot of seats together. Also, cruising down the river the boat was mooned and flashed a couple of times by drunken people on the shore. Not good when you have kids with you.
The boat is definitely not in its prime, and the seating leaves quite a bit to be desired, but all in all, we enjoyed it. I feel fairly safe in saying that we would go for a third cruise next time wer're in the neighbourhood.

3  Thank Spursfan1961