“Excellent food in a beautiful environment.”
Review of Steak 954

Steak 954
Reserve with OpenTable
Steak 954 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Cross street: Bayshore Blvd.
Description: STEAK 954 is a modern boutique ocean-front steakhouse. The restaurant features dry aged beef from hand picked ranches; Tajima Kobe from Australia, locally caught seafood, and the finest wines and spirits with selections from all over the globe.
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food in a beautiful environment.”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

During our stay at the W, we decided to have a meal at 954 because we'd heard many good reviews. We eat at Steakhouses regularly so were were really looking forward to trying this place out.
First of all, if it's a nice night, you definitely must sit at a table outside. It doesn't get much better than eating a great mean while looking out at the ocean.
Our young and knowledgeable server was friendly and eager to tell us the different cuts and kinds of meat they serve. We both settled on our usual - filet mignon along with a wedge salad to start and the usual veg sides. The salad was unexceptional- the very light (as opposed to the usual thick and creamy in most steakhouses) blue cheese dressing throwing it all a bit off. But whatever disappointment we had in the salad, it was more than made up for with the main course. Our steaks were both cooked to perfection, and my friend's foie gras topping added a decadent extra to an already rich and tender piece of meat. The steak was so tender you barely had to use the knife to cut it.
We were much too full for dessert, so I can't let you know about those- but as far as the restaurant goes, it's a beautiful atmosphere with excellent food. As I mentioned, we were guests of the hotel so I was able to look in on the restaurant most nights, and it was always busy, which is a good sign. Although we sat outdoors to enjoy the view, the inside of the restaurant is lovely too. I loved the famed Jellyfish aquarium which you can't miss as you walk in.
Service was excellent throughout. If you're looking for a romantic evening, or a place to go with a work colleague or client on the beach, look no further. This is definitely a very high end, beautifully designed place that could more than hold it's own with the best steakhouses around the world.
Enjoy!

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
“'Steak' restaurant?”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

On ordering a medium well steak, with the advice from the waiter it would be pink throughout, it came out well done (no pink). Ok, things happen and that's fine, they recognized it was over cooked. A little surprising for a $50 steak to be over cooked at a steakhouse, but we rolled with it. Unfortunately it didn't seem like a rush to get the replacement out which took nearly 15 minutes while my partner finished his meal during that time. The replacement was just barely better in color with a faint pink in the middle. Seems the waiter and the chef were on different pages as to the difference between a medium and medium well.
Granted the steak tasted nice but the experience was disappointing. No attempt by the restaurant to really recognize this or save our experience by offering a complimentary dessert or drink or something. After all when you spend $130 for 2 people at a steak house with a mediocre experience, what would a token gesture have cost them? I wasn't looking for a free meal, just something that said they cared. Certainly cost them my business because while I don't mind paying a premium for a nice meal, I do mind if I don't get premium food and service.

Miami, Florida
“Way More than You'd Expect in a Hotel”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I ate at Steak 954 twice during my stay at the W Ft. Lauderdale.

My first meal was a late Saturday morning brunch. We decided to sit outside so we could have a nice view of the beach. The view was great, but we ended sitting directly in the sun. I'm not a diva, but it was hot as Hell out. So we asked to move, and they moved us into the shade without a problem. I had a really tasty omelet, and my girlfriend had an amazing vanilla/dulce de leche Liberty Toast (French toast for you all you non-patriots). We both washed down our meals with some decent mimosas. Great meal that cost around $50.

Later that night, we visited Steak 954 again for a late dinner. We did not have reservations and showed up toward the end of the night. We had a short wait which we spent getting a drink from the bar then watching the HUGE jelly fish tank illuminated in cool blue lights. Before we could finish our drinks, we were seated. We started off with a crab cake for an appetizer, excellent! Then we both got steaks. I got an aged New York strip, my girlfriend got a filet. The steak was amazing, perfectly cooked, and on-par with a Ruth's Chris or Morton's steak. The sides are a la cart, and were also really good. We finished with a chocolate cake desert and couple more drinks. Overall we spent about $160 on the meal, but it was money well spent. Adding to the amazing meal was our amazing waiter. I couldn't have asked for a better, and more charismatic, server.

I would have been impressed by the restaurant no matter where it was, but I was especially impressed that this was a hotel restaurant. We will definitely be eating here more often, even when we are not staying at the W.

Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Make no misteaks (purposely misspelled)...”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The food and the service at this restaurant were A-1. Our Server Chris was the best! When it came to the menu, he was very thorough. He made some awesome recommendations, knew the entire menu and was really attentive. I had the lamb chops and they were cooked to perfection, the truffle fries were amazing (I'm a huge foodie)...We watched as other servers interacted with the customers and it's clear that this establishment does a great job screening their applicants because everyone there was so courteous and professional. We got seated without a reservation on a Friday night during the busiest time (7:30-8ish)! That rarely ever happens! I can't say enough about our dining experience. I will definitely make it a point to go back and I highly recommend it to anyone that loves a great atmosphere, good food and most importantly, people who love their jobs! Thank you to the entire staff that worked the night of June 6th. You all rocked!!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Drey617
Yorktown, Virginia
“Perfect Way To Celebrate”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary. Hubby suggested we try Steak 954. He made a reservation for the next evening.

The food was awesome, the atmosphere was romantic! We had the seafood appetizer for two, Steak & potatoes. We were stuffed and very satisfied with everything. Hubby was raving to friends about it once we got back home. I am sure we will dine there again!

Visited May 2014