“Steakhouse with funky vibe and great service”
Review of Steak 954

Steak 954
Reserve with OpenTable
Steak 954 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,371 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Cross street: Bayshore Blvd.
Description: STEAK 954 is a modern boutique ocean-front steakhouse. The restaurant features dry aged beef from hand picked ranches; Tajima Kobe from Australia, locally caught seafood, and the finest wines and spirits with selections from all over the globe.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The service was really terrific and the food was very good. The place features a wild jellyfish tank and fits with the funky W Hotel vibe where you'll find the restaurant. It was really a very good experience. We had a bit of a tired and busy (pre BCS) dinner, so I'm not sure if it quite tips into Stellar territory, but would be worth going back to find out...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,472)

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed in the W and ate here for breakfast a couple times. Staff is friendly, food is good, outdoor patio is lovely. Ask for Nicole, she was our favorite server.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

On our way to a different steak house, the cab driver suggested this place. We went a different night. Definitely a great restaurant. The atmosphere is modern. Our server was excellent. The food was delicious. I had a great ribeye, my husband had the bone in filet, both were delicious. My daughter had kids filet and my son had chicken fingers. We took our 2 children and were there for 8 pm. There were options for seating, so I asked for a corner half booth as not to disturb others. It worked for us. By the time we were done the place was packed and loud. We chose to get dessert to go...the box of cookies. They were hot when we got them. We thought they would be very small cookies, but they were average size, so plenty for sharing. The place is a pricey, upscale steak house. It's good and worth going if you like this type of Steakhouse.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I chose this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews as a strong rating is usually a guarantee of quality. Not in this case, sadly.

We booked on Open Table (excellent service and easy to use) before arriving in Florida.

We were pleased with the attractive restaurant and the massive jellyfish tank. However, there was a wedding party there at the same time and the waiters were warning patrons that it could be quite noisy. So much for a quiet and intimate meal.

Our first waiter's accent was so strong we had no idea what he was saying to us or offering us.

The drinks were nice and the Pear martini excellent.

We ordered several appetizers to share and all were fine.

However I was unable to eat my $40 steak and several of the side dishes owing to the fact the meat is heavily rubbed with salt before cooking and the side dishes are heavily salted as well. Perhaps this is to "encourage" the purchase of extra drinks? I did relate my inability to eat the meat (and two of my party also found it extremely salty) but the waitress seemed to think that there was something wrong with me that I didn't like lots of salt in my food.

It was a very expensive meal and certainly not worth the money we spent. We wouldn't go back.

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Best Bloody Mary all though I get tequila making it a bloody Maria - spicy yum Atmosphere right on the beach. Love to go when family and friends visit from our of town. All the things we have tried are outstanding