“Great times and great view”

Intracoastal Waterway
The Golden Beaches Helicopter Tour
$18.69*
Fort Lauderdale Family Pirate Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Navigate the canals that have earned Fort Lauderdale its nickname, "Venice of America."
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a ride you must do if you come to this part of Fla, the water way Taxi is great the views of the homes are great!

1  Thank Tommy L

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The boat operators are super, with information and also with their humor. The down side to going to Miami is the boat only goes every 2 hours, so plan on the morning trip.

1  Thank Julien G
Reviewed October 23, 2013

After waiting and waiting and waiting for the taxi with a group of other people, I called the phone number I had gotten on their website. Guess what! They had a charter at the particular time the taxi was supposed to run, so they used the taxi for that, and did not run the taxi at that time. Instead of waiting 45 minutes between taxis, we were told we would have to wait 1 1/2 hours. Luckily I had not already purchased a ticket, or gotten on a previous taxi. If we had gotten on, then gotten off at a stop, we would have had no choice but to wait 1 1/2 hours in order to continue on our way. How rude. They acted like it was no big deal, as if they did it all the time. We were waiting at the first stop, and there was a kiosk there for Riverfront Cruises, so the group of people purchased tickets there instead. We were all totally FED UP. While the watertaxi had fiberglass seats which looked rock hard, in an open air boat that resembled a bus, with no restrooms, the boat we got on for our tour was wonderful. The watertaxi advertises it has air conditioning, but I don't know how when it is open. The boat we went on was a large boat with restrooms, a bar and snacks if wanted, with air conditioning inside, but with covered or open outside areas as well. There are nice couches to sit on, and the trip is narrated, with interesting information about the houses and boats you see along the way. The watertaxi is $20, and the Riverfront Cruises trip was 1 1/2 hours long for $23, and it travels the same waterways. We were going to get off and on at different stops with the watertaxi, but I am actually glad we did it the way we did instead. It was a nice and comfortable ride, instead of a "bus" ride. It was well worth the extra $6 for the two of us, and who knows how long you might end up waiting, if the watertaxi decides to leave you waiting because they have someone else who is "more important" than you.

6  Thank Jackie H
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I love the water taxi! How much more fun can you have for a few bucks, plus you get to a destination while at it. I try to get on at the very beginning of the line making my way to a restaurant or shopping at Los Olas Bld. The driver always being informative regarding the huge watercraft and the houses, who owned them, the cost of etc. Entertaining, especially if going on the trip to do a bit of partying at the end of the line, just make sure you get back in time for the last taxi out to where you started. A heck of a price for such a long sightseeing tour. The people on it are always having a good time and enjoying the sights just the same. I like to go when it is light and come back in the dark to see the lights. Yes it is "greed on display",...good for them! I have been on this many many times and will continue to do so. I think you can now make it to Miami at certain times of the year.

1  Thank Rockiroads
Reviewed October 22, 2013

40 years ago the Bermuda shingled one story bungalows with wafting palms gave the intracoastal a great island feeling.
They are all gone no replaced with ever larger and ever ugly displays of excess.
One must see to appreciate the ever widening gap in wealth.

2  Thank venamo