“Bates Motel.....”

Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #114 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The staff are rude.....the rooms are old and nasty..the sheets were old and dirty, I called and asked for new sheets. The ones on the bed had crumbs on them. I had to chandelier them my self
The food was cheap and sub standard....you could not give me a room there..there were druggies, ladies of the night and etc. there.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hortencia R, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Gaye245,
While we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us, we are sorry to hear of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Please be sure that these issues are not known at our hotel so we will be sure to discuss your feedback with our management team to ensure they do not occur in the future. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I walked in and I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. The lobby is very outdated and dirty. The lady at the front desk was very nice, but she gave me the key to that was occupied. I walked in on guests in bed. I then received a key to room 219 and the room was dirty, and little bugs were in the bathroom. I pulled back the covers and saw stains on the sheets and blankets.

I met an employee by the name of Attwane and he was VERY nice and had me moved to a room on the 3rd floor. The room was a little better, but the people on that floor looked like they just escaped from prison, smoking weed in their room and having a party. DO NOT STAY at this property. The AC unit in my room sound like a freight train every time it went on.

I stayed up all night and could not wait to check out the next morning.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here!!!!!
2  Thank Carla I
Hortencia R, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear CarlaI,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We greatly apologize for any issues you encountered during your stay. We will be sure to look into it with our management team and take necessary action. Thank you again for taking the time to bring this to our attention!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Archy3138

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed as part of the cruise package. It was a nightmare. It was in the ghetto, our room wasn't ready 3 hours after check-in, the food was old cafeteria style, the staff acted like they hate being there and when we asked for another pillow, we got towels. A king sized bed had two of the smallest pillows I have ever seen. I was so happy to get out of there.

Room Tip: Dont do it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank trexdoingthepolka

Dear Trsxdoingthepolka,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We greatly apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We will be sure to look into it with our management team and take necessary action. Thank you again for taking the time to bring this to our attention!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Cons
Resort food = bad old look cafeteria food
An extra cost to eat the not so good resort food
Very outdated
Not too close to the airport

Pros
Accessible location (near a lot stores and restaurants)
Nice area (safety wise)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank atlastjazz

Dear Atlastjazz,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We greatly apologize for not meeting your expectations while staying with us. We will be sure to look into it with our management team and take necessary action. Thank you again for taking the time to bring this to our attention hope to see you in South Florida again soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed in this motel the weekend of July 17th through July 20th, 2014. After reading the reiews, I expected the worst. The only problem I had at all was the air conditioner in the room; it didn't cool that well, but did ok.

2  Thank Angela P

Dear Angela C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We greatly apologize for the A/C issue you encountered during your stay. We will be sure to look into it with our management team and take necessary action. Thank you again for taking the time to bring this to our attention hope to see you in South Florida again soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I read the reviews before I want but at that point I couldn't get out of my stay without even more cost.

The room itself was old and a bit rundown but okay. The service and the food on the other hand was unacceptable! We were (as I believe most everyone in the hotel was) there because it was a package deal that required a "time share" talk. All I can say is that out package" included" our meals there but the food was so poor that we ate out and chose to pay. Flanigan's Seafood Bar & Grill is walking distance from the hotel and the portions are big and the food is wonderful.

If you are as unsatisfied with the food as I was PLEASE tell a manager. I let several people know that my party of 6 were very unsatisfied. I was told more than once that they NEVER get complaints and that my complaint was the first time they have ever been told any of this. :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank FromOK730999

Dear OK730999,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We greatly apologize for any issues you encountered during your stay. We will be sure to look into it with our management team and take necessary action. Thank you again for taking the time to bring this to our attention hope to see you in South Florida again soon!