“Not clean, but fair value”

Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #114 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed December 16, 2012

PLUS: They have a Pool w a bar, some sports (Tennis, fitness center), a nice music at Lobby entrance. The price is unexpensive and is close to the SawGrass Mall (with a car). Breakfast is included. Free Wi-fi.

MINUS: It's not clean and needs some refurbishment, looks old. They add a fee of 9 dollars, not sure why.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gianluca G

Reviewed December 10, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Soebadra G
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We came here because this was the hotel picked by a timeshares sales outfit and was supposed to be a cheap holiday for sitting in on a low pressure meeting. LOL, sure sure.
On arrival we had to go to the welcome center first to recieve all the vouchers for "free stuff". Then when that was finally done we went to the front desk to check in for our previously paid for hotel rooms. They were not wholly paid for as we had to pay for "service charges and tax" which was the cost of a hotel room in some areas... not in Florida of course because everything is expensive in Florida. The one front desk person was trying to be helpful but of course there was nothing she could do. Apparently there was nothing the "Welcome Center" could do either... they just handed us a "Hurt Feelings Report". Anyway we sucked it up and while we waited for the rooms to be ready went for supper in the restaurant, gave them our "free meal" voucher and ate, then were handed a bill??? oh it didnt include the "service charges and taxes" which came to about half the meal charges. Oh well the buffet supper was ok and we just sucked it up again.
Anyway The rooms were pretty nice and the beds were quite comfortable. I would not stay here for a vacation, but for business travel it would be fine.
The pool and bar by the pool was nice and the bartenders were all friendly.
I would not go back again and most likely I would not go back to Fort Lauderdale again either because I like the beach and it is way too hard to get to a beach there.

Room Tip: Facing the pool is nice. No worries about noise because this is a very quiet place
3  Thank crichar1
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel is old and worn out - which we dealt with as we were quoted a rate of $53.00. We were just staying one night and thought it would be ok. My big problem with this hotel is at checkout they charged $75.00 - stated that they didn't have a $53.00 rate (as I was quoted and was confirmed by the person who checked us in). They also charged a $10 resort fee which was never communicated to me. It is the principal - not just the $$$ - that makes this unreasonable. I was dealing with the Manager who was unwilling to work this out with me. Overall a poor experience - would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joe M
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at the ramada plaza in Fort Lauderdale. This was by far the worse hotel i have visited in my entire life. Awful location(that wasn't the issue here i had a car). Front staff was not at all interested in their issues. When you approached the staff away from their work area they pass right by and don't even acknowledge anyone. The restaurant was a disgrace. The continental breakfast was fairly acceptable. Then they offer a reduced price hot breakfast. That was very sad. Nasty scrambled eggs turkey sausage spinach and peppers. Not a meal to me. Cleanliness was by far not acceptable. You smell mold in the halls. I bought some doughnuts from a doughnut shop and 3 hours after placing them in my room there were 5 roaches that had taken them over. Roaches in my bathroom and I saw a roach crawling on the food table. Therefore i didn't eat there for the second time. Then as i was checking out they had the nerve to charge me a $10.00 aday resort fee. Wow ramada I will never use your hotels again. Priceline said there was nothing that i could do about the charges. It was on my itenerary. I still can't find it. I will handle it with my credit card. I could goon but it would sound as if I was nit picking. I am extremely fair when reiewing but this property should be shut down.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank travels291
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We traveled over 1200 miles to stay at the Ramada Plaza to listen to the rude girls at the Welcome Center tell us our reservation for the cruise had been canceled. We were told to attend the 2 hour time share presentation and our cruise reservation would be reinstated. After listening to the same guy for 4 hours telling the same story and apologizing for the crappy hotel that the marketing company put us up in and after they (marketing co.)collected $700 from each of us (2 adults/2 children) we politely told the salesman that we did not have the funds available nor did we want to give them a credit card for a deposit on a time share. After all of that we still did not get our vouchers to get on the cruise ship and were told to call the next day. After talking to 3 different people at the marketing company we were told our reservation had been canceled and for an additional $109 they could reinstate our reservation. To make a long story short, we checked out of the Ramada after finding ants in our bathroom, tiles falling off the wall and our room smelling like mold. We never did get on the boat and received a call 36 hours later from a supervisor asking us" where are we and why we did not get on the boat". Turns out we were reinstated and had tickets for the cruise but the supervisor at the call center refused to reinstate our reservation and were treated very rudely. Beware of the scam the marketing group has designed. The Ramada they put you up in is disgusting, food is terrible and is loaded with hidden fees and bugs! The marketing group makes $700 off of each person who buys into this and then puts them up into a gross hotel. Do not give them a credit card, do not buy into this great time share/cruise package. It is all a scam! We traveled over 1000 miles with a 6 yr. old and 2 yr. old with promised tickets to Orlando and Magic Kingdom. None of this came true and after spending $1500 on this package we were only reimbursed $200 for our time and troubles. I have never experienced such scam in all of my life. PLEASE do not book a cruise through Caribbean Cruise Lines, Ramada Plaza and the Welcome Center on property.

4  Thank keiron m
Reviewed November 30, 2012

There were no non-smoking rooms so we had to take a smoking room but it didnt smell too bad. We had vouchers for the breakfast lunch and dinner since we got it though the time share deal. With four kids this was a great deal. One kid eats free with each adult and kids under 3 eat free. We had fun and it was nice having all the meals taken care off, no cleaning and the restuarant is conveniatly located right by the lobby. The hotel was an average hotel, not the nicest in Fort Lauderdale, but not bad. The people were very nice!

2  Thank Amanda M