“Good hotel”

Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #114 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Good hotel. The room was clean. We appreciate a lot the pool and the spa. The only inconvenient is that there is no complimentary breakfast. You can take you breakfast at the hotel restaurant (which is good) but it's really expensive for what you get. you pay for your drinks and to have access to the buffet. ($12)
Even if the hotel is nice you can put few bucks more in a room a get a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank imagem000
Write a ReviewReviews (1,490)

Reviewed November 25, 2007

We stayed at the Ft Lauderdale Airport Ramada for three nights while visiting relatives prior to going on a cruise. This is an older property which recently received a facelift. Room was spacious and clean with a good bed. Free newspapers. Center pool area has a jungle garden landscaping with small bar. My overall impression was not perfect but pretty damn good. They are at least $30 cheaper than comparable motels in the area and provide free shuttle service both to and from the airport as well as the Ft Lauderdale cruise terminal.
Overall service was good...had to wait about 20 minutes at airport for the shuttle bus but they have only one bus...no big deal. Late night service in the restaurant was poor...waited 15 minutes for a waiter to show up...left without ordering. Free breakfast buffet was excellent...good staff going out of their way for you. Privately owned car rental in lobby was slow to process the rental but they weren't goofing off...just a few more steps than the big outfits. They did require a copy of my car insurance endorsement page to prove that my policy covers rentals. I called my insurance agent and it was faxed into them in a few hours.
I think it is an overall good value and would stay there again.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank jab12
Reviewed November 25, 2007

This hotel was a great value! The rooms were clean and just fine. Nothing fancy. The bathrooms were clean, if a little worn. There was wallpaper bubbling in the first room we were in, but not in the 2nd. (We stayed one day at each end of our cruise). The staff was VERY helpful when we were trying to find the nearest place to ship something home. The dining room is a pretty good buffet for a reasonable price. The pool and spa are beautiful, with a Tiki-bar in the pool area! There is even a free computer in the lobby to use, with a printer. And the rooms are Wi-Fi hot-spots with computer ports.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed November 25, 2007

We stayed here for one night on 10/7/07. The cruise we went on for 2 days before, required us to attend a time share presentation (not for this property), but for attending the presentation, one night at this hotel was free. Attached to this hotel was the Welcome Center where all the time share arrangements were made. I read all the tripadvisor reviews and let me tell you, I was quite a bit wary of what I would find when we got to this hotel! There were more bad reviews than good, but what could I do; the hotel night was free! When we got to the Welcome Center, they didn't have anyone to do the presentation and since we were leaving the next morning, they told us just to forget the tour and presentation but we would still get our free hotel night. So we took our voucher to the front desk at the hotel and they were more than nice and quite accomodating! It was about 10:30 in the morning and they let us check in! How great is that....hours early! Everyone behind the desk was nice and helpful (from giving change to giving information about the public bus system...which by the way, the stop is across the street from the hotel.) There is a restaurant on the bottom floor, a bar (which I was a little disappointed with it because my 16 year old son and I wanted to play pool and they would not even let him step foot in the place because he was not 21!) a small convenience shop, a nail salon, and a massaging chair sitting across from these places which are all on the way down the hall towards the elevators. The pool was not open because it was being renovated, but the hotel did have free shuttle service going to the beach 2 or 3 times per day to make up for the pool being closed. Our room was on the top floor. Let me tell you, the hallways were clean and air conditioned and decorated nicely on the way to the rooms. Elevator service was fine. Upon entering the room, I was wonderfully surprised! I inspected everything! Bathroom spotless, floor had definitely been vacuumed as you could still see the marks on the floor where the vacuum had been run. Sheets were clean, I checked them out good! Room was spacious! No hairs or anything left behind in the bathroom. Only issue was the shower dripped a little, but that was no big deal. I did not see the first bug. The view out the window wasn't great, but then it wasn't meant to be! We were across the street from Publix, several eateries within walking distance as well. Not all of them open since it was Sunday. But we got a lot of snack stuff from Publix. I would definitely say that I had a great experience at this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone! And when the pool is reopened, it will be even better! You can tell that the hotel is trying hard to renovate and improve the place and they are doing a great job!

Stayed: October 2007
7  Thank suthrngirl
Reviewed October 17, 2007

I stayed at the Ramada from 10/11/07 to 10/14/07. I stayed in room 159. For the amount of money I paid I was pleased with the accommodations. The room looked like the pictures posted on the website. The bathroom was clean, the sheets were clean, and I received housekeeping services daily. There were no foul odors in the room or hall. BUT I MUST MENTION... if you leave food or sweet drinks out beware of the microscopic ants that accumulate quickly. Once the food and drinks are secured the ants go away.
I ate at the breakfast buffet in the hotel and the food was fair... a little cold and expensive ($20 for two people.). I also ate at the bar in the hotel twice and the food was great. In the bar area was pool tables, TVs, basketball games, and other various games.
Unfortunately, the pool was under construction the week I arrived; however, the pool was supposed to reopen on 10/15/07. It looked really nice from what I could see.
The location of the hotel was great!!!! It is on a main intersection, which made traveling easy. It is approximately, 15-20 min from the airport... 20 min from Pompano Beach..... 30 min from Hard Rock Casino. The hotel is on State Road 7 and the Hard Rock is as well.... A must see.
There is also a great pizza place approximately one block on the right of the hotel called G&G. They don’t deliver.
Staff were alright... not rude, but they didn’t go out of there way - with the exception of the female bartender in the bar area.... she was great.
OVERALL!!!!! The accommodations were just fine... I would stay there again if you’re looking for an inexpensive trip.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
7  Thank tkellee
Reviewed October 9, 2007

As part of a disasterious trip booked through 'Back to the Caribbean Travel' we found ourselves booked in here for one night.

Checked in, took one long look around and ran.

For the 10 mins we were in the room, a guy was being hauled out of the pool by 2 sheriffs with weapons ready to be drawn, all the while Mothers were gathering up their kids trying to get away from a messy situation.

A horrible, flea ridden, filthy, dirty, disgusting Hotel. If you have to sleep on a beach you would be better off.

Do yourself a favour and don't even think you might be lucky and get a good room. From the minute you enter the lift, it smells and looks like filth.

Would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank shellyLLLL
Reviewed September 25, 2007

This place is a dump!
We were contacted for a time share deal and signed up, big mistake. All the bad reviews are correct and then some. There are no signs of renovation here. The outside looks as bad as the inside and this place smells horrible. If you like staying at a half star location, you will be ok. But if you expect a clean, nice place to stay, DO NOT STAY HERE.
If you booked here, cancel now. DO NOT STAY HERE.
We arrived, looked at two different rooms and went next door the the La Quinta and payed for two nights, although we had already paid to stay here.
The food was disgusting and to top if off, it was not free as we were told. We were expected to pay 15% gratuity and 6% sales tax. They also expected us to pay $24.00 to stay at the hotel.
My suggestion to anyone who has paid in advance and is stuck with this trip, check in, refuse the room and go to the Welcome Center and tell them you want to be moved to the Vacation Village at Weston.
They placed us there for one night after the cruise, which is a 1953 cruise ship with second rate food. And my suggestion for the cruise is to upgrade if you can.
The whole deal was a joke. We came home two days early from this trip. Cancel now if you can.
If you cant, good luck!