“Great Meal - Great Service”
Review of 3030 Ocean

3030 Ocean
Reserve with OpenTable
3030 Ocean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 1,407 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Cross street: A1A and Holiday Drive
Description: For more than a decade, 3030 Ocean has been a high-water mark in the South Florida fine dining scene. Renowned for sophisticated seafood and rustic American cookery, 3030 Ocean features a creative contemporary selection of fresh seafood, prime meats, and locally sourced ingredients, passionately conceived and elegantly executed. Chef Adrienne Grenier has recently been promoted to Executive Chef of 3030 Ocean returning to where her career officially began as a young like cook. Chef Grenier is a South Florida native with degrees in Food Science and Nutrition From FSU and Culinary Arts from the Art Institute in Fort Lauderdale. Grenier went on to spend time at notable restaurants such as the Michelin-Starred restaurant, Gordon Ramsay at the London Hotel in West Hollywood, CA, and opened one of Esquire Magazine's Best New Restaurants, 1500 Degree at the Eden Roc in Miami Beach before becoming a champion on the popular Food Network TV show, Chopped. Chef Grenier continues to showcase the highest quality local and seasonal ingredients from both land and sea in her unique, sophisticated cooking style on the restaurant's ever-evolving menu.
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach Hotel after a wonderful 7 day cruise on the Allure of the Sea (great ship - highly recommend) and dined at the 3030 out of convenience. We had a great meal with very good service.

I had the Paella and my wife had the snapper. Both were very good with lots of flavor. Two disappointments -

1. I wanted the Barramundi - but they were out (waiter said no fish delivery on Sunday). They were also out of the scallops and grouper. Surprising for a fish restaurant.
2. The snapper was served whole - with head and tail (which was expected and desired). The diner must fillet the fish his/herself. We asked the waited and he said that he did not know how to do it. At most restaurants in the world, the waiter or captain comes to the table and fillets the fish for the customer. My wife could debone the fish, but in a up-scale restaurant, it is surprising that this service was absent. (To restaurant management - you may consider an upgrade of your service).

On my next trip to the Marriott Harbor, I would again dine at the 3030 Ocean. If I were staying in Ft Lauderdale (in town), I would again dine at the Star Restaurant Group Restaurant in the W Hotel (which was also upscale and more sophisticated service).

I also fine the wine list heavy on high cost bottles and short on mid-range wines - surprising for the venue.

Hope this helps other guests.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

One of the finest meals in Ft. Lauderdale including downtown restaurants. Food was prepared exactly the way it was ordered. Excellent selections on the menu and the chef visited the tables as time or occupancy allowed. Had several meals there and the quality of dinner was always excellent.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We arrived at the Marriott late on a Sunday evening and were looking for a nice meal but weren't dressed for anything fancy. The 3030 is the lobby restaurant at the Marriott and turned out to be an excellent choice. We ate in the bar but chose from the dining menu. We had a fun waiter, good drinks and a nice dinner. I choice from the raw bar and had large gulf shrimp and stone crab claws. My wife sea bass, both excellent. The big win however was the homemade chocolate ice cream with cookies that we had for dessert. The only problem was the place was pretty noisy but, on balance, a place I would go to even if I were not staying at the hotel.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I usually steer clear of hotel restaurants and instead choose stand alone types. But 3030 is the exception to that rule. I've eaten there a couple of times a year over the past 4 years and it continues to be a wonderful experience. The food, the service, the atmosphere are all first rate. The chef has a way of making something you are used to look and taste exciting all over again. I've always enjoyed the experience at 3030 and I encourage anyone in the Ft. Lauderdale beach area to enjoy dinner there too.
It is not inexpensive, but the saying that you get what you pay for is true. 3030 is worth the extra.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Executive Chef is from Brazil and her background adds some spice to some traditional dishes, as well as being innovative on others. The menu is a little different each day due to using whatever is the the freshest and best seafood available. The white water clams were fantastic and we needed an extra bowl of bread to sop up the tasty 'blue moon beer' broth with orange. That alone is worth ordering the dish!

Then I had the seafood paella, which was prepared differently than I've ever had. Huge prawns, chunks of fish and excellent chorizo, all sitting in a Spanish-Mexican style rice instead of yellow rice. I loved it as did everyone else at the table.

Service was great, the wines by the glass menu was extensive and the cocktails were also very good. Give this place a try - it will be a memorable meal.