“Re Review of my March Review”

Chart House Restaurant
Ranked #412 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 30th Street & A1A
Vancouver, BC
“Re Review of my March Review”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had a rather negative review of Chart House, back in March, titled 'Death of a Great Restaurant'. I am retracting some of those comments based on Chart House Marketing Department, emailing me, soon after that review. They wanted to know if management from Chart House could call me to discuss my review. I said yes.

A few days later the Manager called me and we had a good conversation about my comments. So, the point I want to make is that anytime Management responds so quickly, wanting to discuss a situation, I am impressed. From the point of view they 'care' about their business. The Manager thought some of my suggestions could be implemented. It was all about the smokers. I gave him some history about Chart House, he was relatively, new there, which he was not aware of. My Wife and I have been coming here for well over 10 years, back in the days when it was called Charlie's Chilli.

We will be back in Fort Lauderdale in November and are looking forward to giving Chart House another try. They do have a wonderful location and the food has always been great. If they have made some adjustments to keeping the smokers somewhere else (as in the ocean, tee hee) ( sorry smokers but most of you couldn't care less about non-smokers rights), then we would be happy to be back. Stay tuned for my November update. In the meantime, give the Chart House a go, I will look for any reviews what you non-smokers think.

• Visited March 2014

• Finnish first
“Very good”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

It has a beautiful view, good food, and drinks. It is on the pricey side and it is conveniently located next to the water taci that I highly recommend.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great appetizers & Service”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Notable service - waiter did not rush us and was friendly with a sense of humor. Appetizers were best part of the meal. Shrimp salad offered large shrimp that were very fresh. Other appetizers included scallops, gazpacho and chopped salad. All generous portions and delicious. Grouper was a bit over cooked, but swordfish was prepared well. Would return, as overall very enjoyable meal.

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“A nice meal”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The best part about the Chart House is the outdoor section where you have a beautiful view of the water. The night we were there it was raining so we had to sit indoors - still a view but not the same.
We couldn't decide whether to have steak or fish, but at our server's suggestion we had fish. We started with Coconut Shrimp and Crab Cakes. Have the crab cake - the Coconut Shrimp is no better than something from Ruby Tuesdays.
The Applejack SeaBass and the Seared Halibut main courses were both fresh and delicious.
All in all, a pleasant environment, decent service with good food. Unexceptional - nothing to make it stand out really, but competent.
Now that I've tried it, there's nothing that is making me feel like I need to return next time I am in Fort Lauderdale.

• Visited June 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A great spot for Sunday brunch”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had brunch here on Father's Day. The brunch menu itself is like the regular lunch with the addition of some very good egg dishes including Benedicts. The potatoes were diced, fresh and nicely sauteed so there is a bit of a crunch and the eggs were poached perfectly. Also, the Hollandaise sauce was freshly made and creamy. Not that they're needed, but be sure to ask for a basket of their bread when you get seated. It's well worth the extra calories.

We have been regulars at Charley's Crab (old name of this restaurant) and Chart House for many years. We have always enjoyed the patio dining which is right on the water and has its own dock. The boat parade while eating is really nice.

The dark cloud over the meal was our waiter, who was very slow. We had been seated for some time before being recognized by a waitperson while others around us who arrived later were already placing their orders. We finally asked one of the waiters if he knew who had our table, if anyone. He graciously took our drink orders and headed out to find our waiter, who arrived much later saying "I'm sorry. I'm always late" as though he were an invited dining guest. His inattentive service continued throughout the meal.

We will definitely be back for the food, but will also make sure we know who our waitperson is before being seated.

• Visited June 2014