“Great food, great atmosphere, great wine list, impeccable service”
Review of Da Campo Osteria

Da Campo Osteria
Ranked #254 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 34th Street at A1A
Transit: Come and Enjoy Dinner at da Campo Osteria via the WaterTaxi. We are now listed as a stop and pick up point. Visit www.watertaxi.com for more information!
Description: Experience one of the most inspiring restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. Experience da Campo Osteria.Picture an Italian kitchen where family gatherings are about the table. We authenticate the feeling and flavor, the absolute essence of Italy. Immerse your senses in layers of delicate and immediate flavor where a seat at the Chef’s Table requires a passport. Open your minds and prepare to embark on a culinary port of call to Rome, Tuscany, and Florence.Cozy and genuinely welcoming, we invite you into the warmth of an Italian kitchen where delicious meals are prepared just for you. Picture window views from our Fort Lauderdale restaurant overlooking the sparkling Intracoastal Waterway, making you recall a romantic evening on the banks of the Arno in Florence or even hint at a summer day in Cinque Terre. Casually elegant but never formal, da Campo hums with lively conversations, easy laughter, and light music. Our open kitchen and tableside preparation of freshly pulled bufala mozzarella celebrate the fact that enjoying authentic Italian cuisine – la cucina Italiana – begins with a visual feast of the finest ingredients in the hands of talented and enthusiastic chefs who tell the story of Italy plate by plate.
Southington, Connecticut
“Great food, great atmosphere, great wine list, impeccable service”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Il Lugano Hotel (awesome) where is Da Campo is located. After a long trip, we decided to stay in the hotel and eat at Da Campo. We frequent high end restaurants so we're not easily please but we were delighted! We started with the tableside fresh mozzerella. It was tender and flavorful and the tableside presentation was interested and entertaining. I ordered Carpaccio for an appetizer. It was the largest appetizer I'd ever seen and truly delicious, more than enough for both of us. We both ordered the braised short-rib, house made ravioli and it was mouth watering. Our waiter, Sergio, was knowledgeable, friendly and funny. We had a blast.

We enjoyed our meal so much, we cancelled our dinner reservations on the last night of our stay to eat at Da Campo again. This time was even better, if that's possible. We sat at the chef's table (counter seats looking right into the kitchen). The chefs were entertaining but most of all, you could see the passion they put into each dish and they were meticulous. My wife and I had to force ourselves to order something different than our first visit because we liked it so much and we're glad we did. had the Kurabota Pork Chop (never heard of it before). It was not only a great teasting dish but one of the most interesting and filling dishes I've ever had. My wife had the Lobster Tagliatelle (another house made pasta). The claw meat is mixed in with the pasta and the tail is split and served whole. The whites sauce was creamy buy light, not too rich. My wife is still talking about. Sergio was our server again and again, made our visit warm friendly and entertaining. He helped pait the wine and did a terrific job. The Maitre D/Expediter was also very friendly and informative.

This overall experience was truly delightful and we can't wait to get back there on our next trip.

High River, Canada
“fresh pulled mozzarella - a must”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We met my cousins in Ft Lauderdale on our trip to San Juan and stayed at Il Lugano. Had a great breakfast of Eggs da Campo (eggs & hollandaise) & my husband had the South Beach Omelet which comes with yogurt. Cousins Each had the Sunrise. All our choices were delicious and the espressos were really perfect. Morning service & staff were great. Decided to have dinner there as well because of the menu. The fresh pulled mozzarella "SUPER" was outstanding and yummy. Cousins each had Penne alla Pizzaiola & enjoyed their meals. My husband had the King Crab Tortellini & I has the Scallop & Shrimp Scampi. After the pulled mozzarella our entrees lack some flavor (capellini pasta not a good choice). The atmosphere was great, nice table but the service didn't match (it was a Sunday night) our morning service. It was a good choice for us and I would go back again. Would probably just eat appetizers

• Visited October 2013
Boston
“Wasn't overly impressed”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had called for a reservation for a Saturday night. They gave us two choices: 6:30 or 7:30. We reserved for 7:30 but actually got there before 7. We were going to go somewhere for a drink but decided to see if they could sit us earlier. Was surprised when we got there that there were only 3 other parties seated. Asked why we were only given two times but the hostess didn't have an answer.

The server was friendly but seemed to be rushed. He didn't offer any explanation of the food but was very willing to tell us several times which dishes were his favorite. Seemed that they all were. I had asked for the braised octopus salad but was immediately told that they were out. Seriously? They ran out of something on a Saturday night at only 7:00. I ordered a different salad but then the waiter came back and said they had one octopus salad left. I'm glad they did because it was the best part of the meal.

The homemade pulled mozzarella was also delicious. I ordered the scallops puttanesca. The scallops had no flavor, were cold on the inside, and the puttanesca was just ok.

Others in my party had the meatball and the lobster. They were very happy with their meals.

It was an expensive dinner for just and OK experience.

Hackensack, New Jersey
“Outstanding!!!!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The food, the atmusphere, the wait staff, everything is wonderful. we had breakfast, lunch & dinner at the restaurant after we went out to other places to eat. tell you how good the food was.

Visited November 2013
Lathrup Village, Michigan
“Best Italian in Fort Lauderdale!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining at the chef's table yesterday evening. It was a wonderful experience! Steven, the executive chef recommended some wonderful appetizers such as the eggplant with apricot sauce, the jumbo meatball and the spicy but flavorful bacon wrapped sausage. All were delicious! The clams in pesto sauce was amazing and my entree, the seafood risotto was the best I've ever tasted! The bartender provided the perfect red Italian blend that went perfectly with the meal and I am not kidding when I say their bread pudding melted in my mouth! Flavorful and moist. Great dining experience. Will do it again the very next time I visit Fort Lauderdale. Staff was friendly and very knowledgable. What an awesome place to dine! Thanks guys!!