“Pathetic”
Review of Fishing on the Monster - CLOSED

Fishing on the Monster
Reviewed May 4, 2012

These guys don't know how to run a business, much less fish. Feel sorry for these guys but more importantly the people they bring on their dingy.

1  Thank Stephen C

Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

I bought a groupon from this company as a present for my dad - some father daughter bonding time. We were both REALLY excited to go. What an unbelievable waste of money and time. When we got there, the boat wasn't even back yet from the previous trip. It ended up to be 45 minutes late, and that's when the excuses started...the people getting off the trip before us looked very unimpressed, upset and disappointed. If only I had known that I would feel the same way, I would've never got on. I spoke with the crew and they just started griping and complaining, saying that it was the customers who were to blame, not the crew...that the last crew were a bunch of whining babies because they didn't understand the concept of one person holding the pole at a time----they all wanted to fish and they complained when they were told its one at a time. I thought, what??? WE ALL SHARE ONE POLE??? I should've known then this trip would suck. They continued talking trash about the last people...So unprofessional right off the bat. Eventually my dad and I got on the boat...(i didnt tell my dad anything that had happened so far)...my dad tried to make jokes and get to know everyone, only to be made uncomfortable bc the crew didn't even fake a laugh at his jokes and talked down to him like a child. We were both uncomfortable. The seats were soaked from them hosing the boat down, and never offered to wipe them off! AND no paper towels were anywhere! I finally asked for a rag, and a ??clean rag was given to wipe the seats ONCE, after which, I took the role of wiping everyone's seats off after the crew would walk over them to reach a high pole, or when they got wet from the sloshing bait fish well... Anyway, when a fish was on the line, we would all scramble for the ONE POLE, and whoever got there first got to reel in...SO LAME. MY FATHER NEVER EVEN GOT TO HOLD THE DAM FISHING POLE THE WHOLE 4 HOURS! ONE fish was caught that wasnt meant to be bait, and was thrown back bc its not an "eating fish"... And one guy caught a mackarel... They didnt even plan on giving it to the guy, until he stopped them at the dock and said, what about my fish?? They were going to use it for bait without any consideration that MAYBE he wanted it! BUT DON'T MISUNDERSTAND THE POINT...WE HAD 6 ADULTS SHARING ONE POLE (due to "their rules") SO WHOEVER SCRAMBLED TO THE POLE FIRST ONCE A FISH WAS TUGGING IT, GOT TO REEL IT IN AND WHATEVER FISH WAS THERE, WAS "THEIRS". BUT THEY HAD NO PART IN ANY OF THE CATCHING OF THE FISH!! THEY JUST BEAT EVERYONE ELSE TO THE POLE AND TOOK A CRAP SHOOT THAT THE FISH WASNT GOING TO BE USED FOR BAIT OR THROWN BACK!! BUT ALL THEY DID WAS REEL IT IN! Then before we even got back to dock, they started PUSHING for tips with every tactic they could think of. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I was SOOO embarrassed that this was the gift I gave my dad...he did his best to not make me feel bad, but being a longtime fisherman, he didn't have to say a word. We paid for a 3.5 hr (supposed to be 4 hr) boat ride with the most unfriendly crew of any boat I have ever been on...PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR YOUR TIME

2  Thank yournicujuliet
Reviewed April 7, 2012

My family and I were down in Fort Lauderdale this past week for a great family vacation. We agreed that we would love to go out on a fishing boat, and the monster fishing owner got our business. The afternoon before our trip, he got our $100 deposit for a 7am 4 hour trip. At 6am we called his number 4 times because the winds were practically knocking over the palm trees next to our hotel balcony. The storms were about 10 minutes away, and we just wanted to reschedule after the storm passed. He never answered the phone so we got to the dock about 6:45 just to find out when we could reschedule. The owner pulls up in his big white Jaguar only to be extremely rude and arrogant and tell us this is not cancellable weather and he refused to reschedule us. He assures us that the water will not be rough because of the direction of the wind. Long story short, we get out on the boat ($350 dollars later!), and all 4 of us puked for 3 hours straight! My 7 and 10 year old were screaming crying and the inhumane fishermen totally ignored us stating we are fishing! I was so sick I couldn't even hold the kids and they could've cared less! Gino belongs in a boat by himself! He has zero social skills and not a feeling in the world for others. I also plan to call the better business bureau and report these guys. When I told the concierge at our nice hotel, he said "oh yes, I would never use those guys, and I haven't in 9 years!"

4  Thank Bonnye B
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Let me start by saying I have been living in south Florida for 13 years and I fish these waters regularly. Now I booked this boat because of the reasonable price and boy was I happy. This was also my bachelor party.
We arrived at dock and quickly got on board we stopped to pick up some fresh bait and meanwhile the crew told us all the rules and made us feel real comfortable and honestly these guys are just plain ol school so I can see how some of you here cannot handle them. They don't like little girls on their boats and want real men that know how to handle a pole not some whinny little boys from Quebec. Anyways thats out the way :)

We caught plenty of fish check my pictures. And everyone in our party got a chance to reel em in.
Tip. Duhhhhh you retards ofcourse you have to tip them, he does everything for you

IF YOU WANT TO CATCH FISH AND HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH PEOPLE THAT KNOW THESE WATERS THEN TRY THEM.

2  Thank Cucu28
See more reviews
Reviewed March 22, 2012

On March 17, my teen son and I used a Groupon for a fishing trip. It was a split charter with two others. I was quite concerned when I read the reviews below, however, I must tell you that I totally disagree. I landed a 9 foot, 350 lb hammer head shark! The mate was very helpful as I fought the fish for 40 minutes - he was both knowledgeable and skilled at his craft. The captain was also professional. Yes, the boat wasn't a brand new Hatteras, but it was more than adequate for deep sea fishing. We left the dock early when all passengers arrived and we returned to the dock late. We clearly got our moneys worth. Now, if you don't catch any fish and there is no action, I could see the experience being less than positive, but that is not the fault of the Monster - fishing is spotty at best at certain times of the year. I just think all the folks below who gave the experience a bad review may have had unreasonable expectations about deep sea fishing. Oh, yes, while I was bring the monster up from the deep, the mate asked twice if I wanted to have the fish mounted by a taxidermist. I said no, all I wanted was pictures. End of conversation. No high pressure sales tactics. Come on, people, get a grip!

1  Thank psyguytoo