“Great location for Cruisers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
Ranked #41 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Nipomo, California
“Great location for Cruisers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here the night before our cruise from Fort Lauderdale. A long walk to our room, but room was nice. There were several beautiful private yachts in the causeway just outside our balcony and we enjoyed the view.. We had a drink in the bar, seemed rather pricey. Breakfast was included and it was good. The hotel is very close to where our cruise ship was docked. They offered a shuttle to the ship for a fee and we used that rather than private taxi. Next time, we would use a private taxi as it took a long time for shuttle to drop passengers at each of the three ships in port.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank suzmca
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit to Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. We are glad you enjoyed your accommodations, particularly the view of private yachts right outside your balcony and that our location fit your needs perfectly. We hope you enjoyed the cruise as well and look forward to your return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,183)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We just stayed one night but we'd stay there again any day. We checked in late so had to hurry to get some food but the young man behind the bar was incredibly helpful and caring. But everyone we came into contact with was great too.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that looked out onto the marina.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
How wonderful to read "Great hotel. Great people" headline! Thank you for your review and for choosing our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six for your overnight stay. We are glad to hear our team was friendly and helpful and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Pier 66 for a longer stay in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I could go on and on about how terrible my experience was at this hotel because it was THAT bad. I stayed at this hotel as part of an event during the Fitness Universe Tour weekend and was treated very poorly from the moment I arrived by the staff. First off, the incidentals were by far the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of! $75 per night on top of the room rate and taxes AND they wanted the money all upfront upon my arrival. There was no email or correspondence sent to me verifying this charge and I had no way to prepare to come off that type of money without first knowing beforehand. Then after that fiasco, we finally got to our room which was a complete mess! It was not cleaned properly from the other guest and to top it all off there were spiders, centipedes and other ground bugs crawling the floors throughout the room. I called the front desk and she kept me on "hold" (I mean HUNG UP on me) for like 15 minutes. So when I called back she had a security guard bring me another key for another TERRIBLE room and didn't even express sympathy. Both rooms had tile throughout instead of carpet like I requested AND the second room had an AC leak and made a huge puddle of water in the hall area. She told me there was nothing she could do but bring me towels and napkins for the puddle and could not accommodate me and move me to another room. She also lied and said that there were no rooms with carpet in the Marina where we were staying. As I was making the decision to leave the next day and find something else, we spoke to a much nicer day manager and she was extremely taken back at the service we received from the night manager and gave us a new Marina room WITH carpet (surprise!) and gave us breakfast and drink vouchers. Everything was running smoothly until billing. They charged the wrong card way too many times, they put wrong charges from other rooms on our bill, and they were not accommodating and nasty once again. I would not stay here ever again! It was the worst experience of my first visit to Fort Lauderdale that I ever had!!

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank britney d
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for staying in our hotel during the Fitness Universe event. We apologize you had a less than favorable experience. Please note that we will be sure to pass along your feedback so that we may work to improve upon the issues you experienced. Again, our apologies for not providing you with a stay you expected and deserved and we hope that in the future, we may earn your trust again. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us at iwona.reveliotis@hyatt.com. Thank you.
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU for my sisters Wedding! The team did wonderful! The food was amazing! Everyone was complimenting on the wonderful flavors! I personally loved the fish, steak and fresh vegetables! The Dulce de leche and tres leches was AMAZING!!! We loved it all. Despite the stress and tardiness, their day was magical for them and I only have the Hyatt Pier 66 team to thank for that! The event spaces were set up perfectly and their team worked flawlessly to ensure things went smoothly for the bride and groom. Rene and Joe were awesome- as well as the rest of the service staff. They were always on point and there to help us with every step. Lauren, without her, this ENTIRE event would not have happened. They went above and beyond to ensure that we had a wonderful evening. FIVE STARS goes to the Hyatt Pier 66 Team for a job well done!

The hotel room was beautiful and very clean! The view was amazing seeing all of ft Lauderdale beach!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Congratulations on your sister's wedding! We wish her and her husband a lifetime of happiness. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six to be a part of this important event. We greatly appreciate your wonderful review and highlighting so many members of our team. We are pleased the hotel location, ambiance and most of all service helped create an unforgettable memory for your family. We hope you will think of Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six whether for another milestone celebration or a getaway.
Augusta, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night. When we first arrived, we both agreed that the grounds/gardens were beautiful and everything seemed up enough that we would not have to suffer the normal Fort Lauderdale wild crowd. So we go to check in, and they booked us the wrong room. We politely said we would wait until they could fix this. We come back, they fix it, and we go on our way. The room itself was plain but spacious. The bathroom is one of the largest that I have seen in this type of hotel which was nice. The balcony was also spacious and had a nice view of the marina and city. We were exhausted from our weeks prior trip we had taken so we headed to bed around 10:00 since we had to be up around 4:00 the next morning to catch a flight back to home. SO, the room right next to us, left their tv on before heading out to party. It was SO loud that it interfered with the show we were trying to watch in our room. Hard to sleep with the extremely LOUD volume. So they were partying at the hotel and making trips back to their room periodically. No sleep what so ever. They come back to their room, with a growing party in the hall way. FINALLY at 3:30 in the morning, they ALL go into the couples room next to my room. Where you could hear EVERY word they were saying. They were drunk, and loud and I was SO tired and frustrated. So we get ready, gather our things, and downstairs we go at 4:30 to check out. Another drunk woman comes barreling to the front desk hysterical, because she left her son in the room, by himself, and went to party, and could not get in the room. This took up a good bit of the front desks time. So at 5:00 .........they FINALLY "try" to check me out ...pay balance...etc. The girl says, well sorry, but I do not know how to use a "e" gift card and hands it back to me. I said well you better find someone that does since I called here ahead of time before I purchased this gift card. to use here. Another lady finally figures it out. I was quietly getting a little nervous at this point that I would miss my flight. The lady tells me .....oh sorry that you did not sleep at all.....we tried to shut down that party several times already.......I was like....yeah LUCKY ME RIGHT. She shrugged her shoulders and moved on. This was a paper thin wall building to begin with, and then having to listen to that racket ALL NIGHT and into the morning was outrageous. Especially since they were aware of the noise and chaos it was causing to other guests. There is not a garden, anywhere, that would be worth that kind of misery.

Room Tip: If they ask you ocean view or city view....the city view at night with the marina waters all around...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We are very sorry to learn about your recent experience at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and will pass the on to other departments, in particular front desk and security. It seems we need to work harder on our response time when called on noise disturbance in order to ensure the peaceful sleep for our guests. We are pleased you enjoyed the hotel and accommodations overall and hope you will visit us again so we can offer you a more resftul stay.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

The kids called it our home up high, they are only little but they know what they like. We arrived from NYC late morning after an early rush to the airport, Once they sorted out our room situation, kudos to the manager because I wasn't a happy customer when I arrived, I thought I had booked a suite only to find out that is not what was booked and the suites were all full so we got adjoining rooms. Not a bad result. They even said sorry with a nice bottle of Champagne and a cheese and fruit platter, it just appeared one night in the room while we were at dinner.
We made full use of the hotels amenities, swam in the gorgeous pool/s, had lunch at orchids the pool side cafe, Had dinner at pelicans landing, had dinner in the room with the kids, ate breakfast at Mariners Buffet, had drinks at the Bar, Used the laundry. It was an easy hotel to like. The kids chased lizards around the gardens and watched the pool boy get a 1ft crab out of the pool. It was a nice place for a family to have a holiday at. We spent most days driving around the area sightseeing and were glad to be able to come back to our home up high.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was a pleasure to read about your family time at our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. Thank you for sharing it with us! We are thrilled to learn our team was able to turn your initial experience around and your entire family was fully satisfied with the accommodations, enjoyed the amenities, restaurants and even...extras like lizards and crabs! We hope you pick our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six for another family vacation.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I gave this hotel a 2 only because the front desk and bellhops were helpful. Rooms(we had 4) were smelly, DIRTY,and had mold on the bathroom ceilings and the pool was the same as far as cleanliness goes.Lobby and grounds were beautiful but that certainly did NOT extend to the rooms. It seemed that they had not been swept in months.There was no airport shuttle and parking was expensive.Had we not been traveling with 10 people I would have certainly turned and run as soon as I stepped in the OLD, MUSTY SMELLING elevator.In my opinion this property should NOT have the Hyatt name attached to it. I am not just an every now and then traveler I travel frequently so I know what a clean room/pool and Hyatt property represents and this is NOT it. Another note..our "Marina View" was the top of yachts parked in the marina and heavy equipment throughout. I would look around the area for other places to stay before I would choose this property. I picked it because of the name..BIG MISTAKE

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank geri w
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay. We are very sorry to hear that your visit did not meet you expectations. We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our team in hopes of improving services. Again, thank you for your review.