“Great hotel”

Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
Ranked #44 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed May 14, 2014

First time at this hotel. The facility was in very good shape. my room was very clean and my view was spectacular. I would recommend this hotel and plan on returning as soon as possible. The check in was seamless and the front desk staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your stay in our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six and for your high recommendation. We are thrilled you enjoyed your first visit and look forward to welcoming you back for many more!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,031)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Like many other reviewers we stayed here for one night after a cruise. Our room was on the 14th floor and had fabulous views out to port everglades as well as part of the intercoastal waterway. One of our main reasons for booking this hotel was because it has a water taxi stop on site - but unfortunately it is currently closed for refurbishment. The next closest is at the hilton over the bridge (approx 15 mins walk) . We didn't have breakfast in the hotel - it was a bit pricy for us so we walked across the road to 'dunking donuts' which is just a few minutes walk. There are more eating options over the bridge but we couldn't see anything else any closer.
The pool area is lovely too - the perfect place to relax. The guys at the bell desk are fabulous - storing luggage for people coming and going on cruises is no easy task but they looked after our luggage outside of our official check in/ out times without question.

I'm not sure if I would recommend this hotel for a long holiday but it was ideal for our needs.

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower give great views of Fort Lauderdale
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for choosing our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six for your post cruise accomodations and for sharing your experience. It seems you enjoyed your stay and we are glad our bellstand team offered friendly and efficient service. We will pass on the compliment-thank you! We apologize Water Taxi was not available at the hotel. It will be stopping again at Pier 66 in the end of October. We hope you will return next time you are in Fort Lauderdale area.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed with my husband for a weekend get away. While the location is OK, on the inter-coastal just a few miles off the strip, the hotel itself is dated (very George Jetson decor) and loosing quality around the edges. The cost of the room wasn't too bad, but the extras are excessive, like $25.00 an night for parking and high cocktail costs. The views, pools and gardens definitely are the redeeming factors, beautiful. The rooms are not deeply cleaned or maintained. Gouges in the walls and paint slopped on window edges and ceilings let you know that the maintenance department is just going through the motions. Their was actually mold around the edges of the shower and the room AC ducts looked and smelled like they hadn't been cleaned since Carter was president (decor to match his period as well.) The staff was friendly, although in many cases poorly trained. Over all, not what I have come to expect from a Hyatt Regency.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa M
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments and thoughts about your recent stay with us. New perspectives about our hotel and our guest room appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. We apologize for not providing you with the full Hyatt experience you expected and deserved and hope that in the future you will give us another chance to earn your business and trust again.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed here the night before a cruise, our room was on the 14th floor--overlooking Port Everglades and downtown Ft Lauderdale.

The room was clean, large enough to move around in, and the bed very comfortable. Bathroom was huge, nice. Our balcony was large and had a couple decent chairs--great for an evening cocktail while watching the cruise ships parade out of port.

Public areas are up-to-date and clean.

Front desk staff was friendly. We had a slight snafu with our reservation, but the staff remedied the situation promptly and with a smile.

The free shuttle to the beach is a nice touch.

To some the style of the building might be dated--think 1960's "Jetson's", but I like it. Call it "iconic". Only wish the revolving rooftop restaurant was still open.

There was a wedding going on in the courtyard, the hotel appeared to put on a very nice spread.

All-in-all, a very nice hotel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Want a nice view? Choose a room in the tower.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six prior to embarking on your cruise adventure! We appreciate your review and high recommendation and hope you visit us again if your travels bring you back to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

What a pleasure this hotel was to stay in. I stayed for one night, post cruise, but I'll be back. I was checked in by a desk agent named Evan Laub. He was great - efficient, helpful and friendly. I'm Platinum with Hyatt so I was upgraded to a Junior Suite on the 13th floor. The suite had terrific views of the attached marina and of downtown Ft. Lauderdale. As other reviews have mentioned, the room was a bit dated, style-wise, but it was clean and very functional. It included amenities I haven't seen in other hotels: toothpaste and mouthwash to name two. The bathroom was massive, the bed was very comfortable and had great pillows and the TV channel choices were great. If I had a room complaint it would be that there was no lighting in the sitting area (I like to read on the couch instead of the bed) and there was only one bedside table.

The pool area of this hotel is what really sets it apart. There are two distinct pools, one of which is heated. The area was huge and there was plenty of space for everyone. I couldn't tell if there was chair service or not. I was never approached about placing an order. A nice touch are the icy-cold towels that the pool attendant offered at your chair.

I didn't avail myself of any of the F&B that the hotel offered with the exception of ordering a pot of coffee from room service. The room service guy was GREAT - I just wish I had gotten his name (hotel manager, contact me and I can give you specifics of my stay so you can figure out who he was and laud him).

As I stated before, I'm looking forward to being able to stay at this property again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

We love to read "Can't wait to stay here again" in the subject line! Thank you for your review of your visit to the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six and your loyalty to the Hyatt brand. We are thrilled your suite accommodations and its amenities combined with beautifulf views of the marina and downtown and our personalized service made for a memorable stay. Thank you for the compliments about Evan at the front desk and Ralph in room service - we will pass on the kudos! We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed at Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six two weeks ago for 3 nights pre-cruise.

I seriously cannot understand the negative reviews. From check-in to check-out, the service was outstanding.
The valet parking guys are very quick and upbeat, the front desk staff very polite and accommodating and the bellmen extremely helpful at all times.

I have corresponded prior to arrival with Iwona and she always replied quick and accommodating.

We have requested rooms on the 8th floor in the tower building and we got adjacent rooms, which was wonderful. The views are amazing, the room very large, clean and comfortable.
The grounds are impeccable and the pools are very nice.

We would definitely stay here again, as we could leave the rental car at the Avis office on site.

The only negative I personally have is that I booked 2 rooms pre-cruise, 6 rooms post-cruise and when I requested an upgrade for my room to the tower building, I was charged $40 per night even though I read here on TA that there are often free upgrades being given.

Room Tip: Always book a Tower room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Myrouck
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you for giving us five stars and for sharing your wonderful review of your recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and that our customer service exceeded your expectations. As far as the complimentary upgrades they are based on availability at check in time and are not guaranteed. Prepaying for the upgrade ensures you will receive the room type and floor you are looking for. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six in the future for another unforgettable experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hotel is a little old, but still very nice. The views from any of the mid-upper rooms is worthy of sitting on the balcony with a beer or wine and just soak it up.

The rooms were well sized with a nice ensuite, and a decent sized balcony.

The location of the hotel itself is somewhat isolated. There is a service station/gas station/convenience store across the road, and a bus stop also. Aside from that there is nothing around. It's at least a mile to the closest food and other amenities. Having said that a 10 walk across the bridge and there is the Hilton and the water taxi stop - which is a worthwhile use of time and the $22 for the day pass.

The bus with its very close stop is only $1.50 to Las Olas beach, which is amazing and only about 10 minutes ride on the bus. The bus continues to the Gallaria mall, which has an Apple store and all that sort of stuff so is a good shopping destination.

If you stay here and want to visit Miami, think again - its at least 3 buses and over an hour away, or over $100 taxi each way. From what I could tell there was no other options. But for Fort Lauderdale I would say its a good place to stay, and I liked it and the staff here were again very friendly. The door guys were very helpful throughout my stay

Room Tip: Higher the better for views
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for so much for choosing our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six as your travel destination and for taking the time to post your review. We are glad you enjoyed your accommodations (especially the baloncy with the views of Fort Lauderdale!) and found our location convenient for local shopping and sightseeing. You will be pleased to know Water Taxi will resume its stop at our hotel (along the intracoastal) in the end of October. The service is now suspended due to marina renovations. We hope you will think of Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six next time your travels bring you to Fort Lauderdale.