Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
$495
$351
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$239
$179
$169
$149
$215
Hotwire.com
5,103 results
All reviewsthe hyatt regencypelican landingtower roomlanai roomspool arealobby barwater taxibreakfast buffetcruise portpre cruisegreat poollas olasteripropertynelsonmarinerft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My mom and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 over the New Years break. The room I reserved was described on the website and my reservation confirmation as: 2 Dbl Grand Beds:In the upper half landmark 17 story tower:290 sq ft:Balcony: Oceanviews. When we checked in at the hotel, I was told they only had city view rooms available. I protested, as this is not what I was paying for. We were told we could be put into one of the grotty rooms at the back of the property [yes it was next to the canal, but the patio door did not open, and the next morning there were locals walking their dogs on the foot path outside our room, so access was clearly not restricted!]. I asked whether the room rate was going to be adjusted, as that room was less expensive than the ocean view room I had booked, and was told No. I was then told that we could be 'upgraded' to an oceanview room the next day - which truly annoyed me, because I was being charged for an oceanview room in the first place! We finally took the room (it was that, or sleep in the car). The next day I didn't hear from anyone about being moved [I was told they will contact us when a room opened up in the main building, but when they hadn't called by midday, we went to reception]. There were rooms available, so we were moved to the seaview balcony room - i.e, what we were being charged for.

Couple observations:
- Saying 'sorry' goes a long way. At no point did the check-in agent say 'sorry'. It was basically a take it or leave it attitude.
- We were not contacted the next day about changing room as we had been promised. If you don't intend to keep a promise, then please don't make one.
- I was told at check-out that the reservation in the hotel's system showed for a different room to what my reservation had (which is why we ended up in that horrible room the first night). So, I don't quite understand why we were sold one type of room on hyatt.come and then another was put into the reservation system of the hotel. I was promised at check-out that they would escalate the matter to the reservations department. It's now been three weeks and of course I haven't heard from them, and they still charged me the higher rate for the first night.
- The seaview + balcony rooms are worth the extra money. We loved the room.
- The breakfast is good, eventhough the service was a bit hit and miss.

I was looking for an alternative to the Hilton (that's where I have all my points and status), and figured I'd give the Hyatt a chance. After this experience with Pier 66, though, I'm not so sure any more...

Room Tip: Pay extra for the seaview and balcony rooms. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank bucanon001
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. We apologize for the less than pleasant experience. This is definitely not the impression we want to leave our guests with and your comments will be passed on to the management. If the incorrect charge issue is still unresolved, please feel free to contact me at iwona.reveliotis@hyatt.com and I will follow up. Thank you.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great grounds, very clean rooms, view was great from the tower overlooking the port. The only thing lacking was a inexpensive breakfast choice. The meals we did eat on the grounds were very good especially at Pelican Landing, awesome coconut shrimp. The hotel is a little isolated but for 1/2 nights it is ok. water taxi can get you out to other locals to eat if you wish. We paid for a garden room in the 2 story buildings but received a free upgrade to the tower which was great

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank motherjoy

Thank you for your review. It certainly seems you fully enjoyed your stay at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. We could not be happier to read you found your accommodations clean and comfortable and the food at the Pelican Landing delicious (we love coconut shrimp too!). We hope you make Pier 66 your permanent cruise vacation stop.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had a 3 day pre cruise stay at the Hyatt in mid December. Our room was in the low rise areas close to the water. We have stayed at many of the hotels in the area-on the beach and on 17th.

We very much like the Hyatt. The room was perfect, the hotel was very well maintained, and the front desk folks were great.

We travel often for leisure and in the past I travelled extensively for business. We will no doubt return to the Hyatt Pier 66.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ian c
Management response:Responded January 27, 2014

Thank you for the perfect rating! We are glad that after many visits to Fort Lauerdale you decided to try our Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six and are excited to read you had a wonderful time and our team made you feel welcome. We hope you make Pier 66 your home away from home. See you soon!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stay at a lot of Hyatt's. This property needs some attention-given its high price point.

Why?

-Front Desk-grossly understaffed during peak periods
-Health Club-dated, but 3 out of 5 stars
-Pool Area-ok, but we didnt see many service staff wandering around the pool.
-Lobby Bar-4/5 stars. Ricardo is a star and provided excellent service
-Room-nice view, but you need to avoid rooms near 17th Street highway noise.
-The Bed-excellent 5/5 stars
-Bellman-excellent 5/5 stars
-Operators-excellent 5/5 stars
-Other: why no shuttle service to the beach.
-Focus-seems more focused on servicing "airline crews" versus the average traveler
-Food-Pool food was ok
-Parking team-excellent (a third party).
-Check Out-I still dont have an emailed bill.
-Good news: Very close to the Fort Lauderdale Airport.

Why general low rating? High price-but walked around the beach area and the Marriott looks like a better choice for +$300/night. Nicer pool area. More modern features. Direct Beach front. Remember this property is not on the beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank alex r
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

We are sorry your recent stay did not quite meet you expectations in all areas, but we certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are definitely glad you like our location and the room amenities like the comfortable bed and want to thank you for nice comments about our staff, especially Riccardo. We will pass on the kudos to the team. We will work harder on customer service and hope you visit again so we can wow you!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The overall experience was terrific after we got the room we wanted. The view from the 10th floor looking toward the ocean was spectacular. But at first we were told that there were no rooms ready so we waited 2 hours to be notified that a room was ready. Finally we asked the desk what was going on and we were told that they forgot to call us and the room had been ready for an hour. So we went to the room and the only view was the tar roof of the ballrooms. We were told that we would get an ocean view room and so we refused the room. We then got the higher room and we were very satisfied. However there was no clock radio in the room so we had to ask for another one. The next day we noticed that the maid service had not brought in any new towels so we had to ask for towels. A few little items but we expected better from a Hyatt.

Room Tip: Pick the highest floor facing east possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dan F
Iwona R, Executive Assistant at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid comments. We are definitely glad you got to enjoy the sweeping view from your balcony. We are sorry we were unable to offer your the room the moment your arrived and there were a few items missing. We will share your comments with our team management. It is great to know you had a terrific stay overall and we hope to welcome you back soon.