We had two one-night stays at this hotel on the front and back end of a cruise. What makes this hotel nice is the view--if you're staying in the tower. If you're staying in the garden units, not sure that there is much that is special about the hotel. Since we were in the tower, we had lovely views of all the Ft. Lauderdale waterways, the cruise ship dock, etc. The room was nicely appointed and clean. The dining options didn't impress us. There's a bar/lounge that also serves a full dinner menu. We had no interest in eating there because we don't like dining in bars. Apart from that, the only other dining options were a couple of restaurants located on the pier close by. One was a fancy steakhouse that's too expensive, and the other was a nice place called Pelican Landing, right on the end of the pier. They served upscale burgers and such, but it was reasonably priced, good food and service, and a great waterside view. The only downside is it didn't appear to be wheelchair friendly as we had to walk up narrow, rickety wooden stairs to get to the restaurant. Not a problem for us, but not handicap accessible from what we observed. Getting back to the hotel ... the limited dining didn't impress. Nor did the out-of-order ice machines, or the complete non-response to our repeated requests for additional pillows. We called to housekeeping at about 10pm. The line forwarded to the front desk. We made our request. They said they'd deliver them. An hour went by with no response. We called again and told them that we'd like to turn in and need the pillows. They said they'd expedite the request. No response again. Another hour later I called to ask if I could just go somewhere to pick up the pillows myself. I was again told that they'd expedite the request. We finally gave up and just went to sleep at 1:45 a.m. without the pillows. We checked out in the morning and didn't say anything. The manager asked us how we enjoyed our stay and my husband brought up the pillow thing. The manager was very apologetic. He put a note on our reservation for our second one night stay to have extra pillows in the room when we arrived. Of course they weren't there when we arrived. But this time, since we checked in earlier in the day, we requested the pillows right away. They took a few hours to arrive but at least it was before bedtime. The other thing is that the hotel lobby has a really cold, white, sterile look about it. Some people like that kind of thing and think it looks "modern." I just find that uninviting. The bell service was excellent. The pool area is gorgeous. I would just warn anyone who plans to stay there to not be overwhelmed by dining options and don't expect any real service beyond the absolutely ordinary check-in/check-out process. Stay in the upper levels of the tower, waterside, so you can enjoy the view. Oh, and beware of the drunks. Our first night there was a night that two separate functions were happening in the hotel. They were black-tie affairs, but when those people start drinking, all holds are off. Rude, loud, smelly, obnoxious and lewd behavior abounds. So if you're unfortunate enough to be there when they're hosting a function, plan to stay in your room unless you like that kind of stuff. We don't have children, but if we did, I wouldn't find this a kid-friendly place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina, a South Florida landmark resort in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, is a 22-acre tropical retreat featuring a world-class marina; Spa 66, the signature health and beauty spa; and a full-service Aquatic Center. A refreshed classic, the resort boasts a new contemporary lounge and function space, along with 384 spacious guestrooms and suites, a spectacular three-pool oasis, and five dining outlets offering everything from incredible waterfront views to innovative, fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-6
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Regency Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale