“Great Experience at Grill 66”

Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
Ranked #43 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We always love staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. During our recent visit we had a great time at Grill 66. Wonderful "bar menu" where during happy hour you can get these appetitizers for half price. Try the crab cakes!

Room Tip: My husband loves the pool side rooms - he can park the car and roll his luggage to the room. I love...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I found out about this spa through Groupon and I must say that I'm glad I came across it. Everything about this spa is amazing and on point, unfortunately I dont remember the names of my therapist but both my massage and facial was excellent, I came earlier to enjoy the amenities the spa had to offer I used the steam room and spent the rest of the day at the pool which was beautiful. The staff was friendly and very informative about other services they offer that I asked about, I will be visiting again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank chrissym28
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My Sorority Sister and I went for a girls get away for Memorial Day weekend. Upon arrival the front desk were very friendly and cordial. The lobby was very modern and very 21st century. There was a wedding taking place so there was a lot of unusual traffic in the lobby and outside our room by the pool. There were a lot children playing about but it was not disturbing with the noise level. We had happy hour and the restuarant and it had the best crabcakes and potato skins for the money. The hotel was not close to any shops until you crossed the bridge. It is not walking distance to the beach either. Its on a Marina. The closest beach was Pompano beach and Ft. Lauderdale beach it had a lot of night life, bars, restaurants, shops etc. My favorite spot was Las Olas Blvd. We ate a place called Indigo for brunch and it was deligtful. Las Olas will take you right to the beach by taxi. We rented a car and drove down to South Beach/Miami this place was fun and it was my 2nd time going. I had a great time at the beach until the guy had to come and collect our chairs and umbrella. It was frustrating because they kept taking them everytime we went to go get in the water. smh.. We had paid 35 buckst to rent them and we didn't want to stand guard over them and not enjoy the beach.. smh.. Never the less we still had a great time.. It was very relaxing. The Hyatt was great for the money I got it for 79.99 a night on hotwire. We split the cost and came out on top. The only thing I didn't like was payig to park each day was 25.00 and if you parked anywhere else they would tow your car. smh I enjoyed the pool bar it had the best chicken quesadillas, mojitos, and pina colodas. I relaxed by the pool and it had plenty of places to spread out and not be trapped under other people at the pool. I would defntiely return with my spouse in the future when I go and not my sorority sister. lol
i wanted to take advantage of the spa but it was booked all up because of the wedding party...

Room Tip: We had a great room overlooking the pool and it was smoke free. Our room had two queen beds.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel is updated and very nice. The beds were super comfy and the views were great (picture attached from balcony view). The location was great - near the beach and close to a water taxi stop. We ate at the lounge in the lobby area and the food and service were great. We went for a mini-vacation without any scheduled plans. It was easy to get around and close to everything we like to do in Lauderdale. The staff in the lobby area were extra friendly and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband spent our first vacation kid free vacation in twenty years. Awesome water views, employees were accommodating called us by name. restaurants were great. Beautiful clean pool, comfortable beds, we will be back next year.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed in a room by a canal where there were lots of large boats. The grounds were spectacular with many beautiful plants. We were there with several family members to celebrate my nephew's wedding. While we were there we enjoyed gathering at the giant hottub and waterfall pool both during the day and in the evenings. The wedding reception was held on the top floor of the hotel which has a revolving dining room with gorgeous views of Fort Lauderdale, including the cruise ships, from about fourteen stories up. Everything about the reception was lovely and we all had a great time. We ended our stay by attending a lovely brunch in the lobby. I would love to stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy B
Reviewed June 5, 2013

There were a group of us that were going to cruise on the Allure leaving out of Port Everglades on 4-28-13. We decided to fly in on April 26th. The front desk was accommodating in changing one of our friend’s room closer to us. We purposely chose a tower room paying 20.00 extra a night and requested a view of the port.
We were pleased to be able to see the cruise ships easily from our balcony.
The room was average. It shows its age especially in the bedroom. The mattress was lumpy. We could not get to an outlet to plug a Cpap machine into.
Our main complaint was when we asked for recommendation for dinner we were encouraged to eat at their restaurant Pelican Landing behind the hotel. We were taken over in a golf cart and informed just to call when we were ready to return and we would be picked up. Well after we finished eating and 2 calls one even by the manager no one had showed up. I then called myself to the hotel and spoke to someone who informed me the hotel manager was unavailable. He listened to my story and put me on hold and never came back.15 minutes later I hung up. I have disabilities and I had no other choice but to walk back to the hotel. It was extremely painful and difficult for me and I had to keep resting along the way. The issue is we were promised a return ride..we waited long over an hour before heading back during this fiasco. Just disappointed with this experience.
We did enjoy Pelican Landing with its view of the marina and the food was very good.
I would stay at the hotel again but some updating in the rooms in the tower rooms would be so helpful and a little improved concern for their hotel guests esp those with disabilities. I would definitely make pre-arrangements with a manager. I plan to notify them of these occurrences.

Room Tip: stay in a tower room and ask for a good view of the port.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends