“Great overnight before cruise”

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Canada
“Great overnight before cruise”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was my first stay at a Hyatt... it was very nice though I've stayed at finer hotels. The reception staff were very nice. I asked for a room on a high floor with a view. I had a view, but of the highway! When I requested a change they immediately accommodated and the ocean view was stunning :) Very conveniently located was $11 from the airport and about the same to the port for our cruise. They had a complimentary shuttle to the beach which was nice though I wish it had later hours. My only complaint would be that I forgot my iphone charger in the room and when I enquired upon return from the cruise was told they never found it and there was nothing they could do. My expectations were higher.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,214)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
dublin
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed here May 2013, room was like a dungeon old and needs a good make over. Not a good location if on foot and parking is a whopping 21 dollars a day. We had a hotel cart crash into our car and not as much as a sorry from the ignorant hotel concierge, nothing! The manager and security were great. Over all not a great stay the pool was dirty and very unappealling. Could do a lot better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dublinsun79
GMPier66, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that your vist with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it allows to perfect our service moving forward. Our deepest apologies for the lack of follow up and professional from the concierge when you brought to his attention the issue. We were pleased to hear that the security manager and manager on duty addressed your concerns. Thank you for you time to review the property, and we hope that we can again rebuild your trust in us for any future visits to the Fort Lauderdale area.

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I spent my spring vacation at one of Ft. Lauderdale's most iconic hotels. I was lucky enough to make a dinner reservation request the first day to one of the hotel's concierges, Leo. He was absolutely wonderful. He was the perfect source to direct me to great restaurants and day trips for my stay. He made me feel like he was my own personal assistant, and turned a good trip into a great trip.

I wanted to let all the tripadvisors users to know of his available services and expertise, and to give a personal compliment to Leo for all his help during my stay. I will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mark_r_hastings
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to share with other TripAdvisor readers about the wonderful time you had at the Hyatt Pier 66, while visiting Fort Lauderdale. We hope that if your travels bring you back to this area that you will once again stay with us here at the Hyatt Pier 66.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Rooms were big, bathroom needed a little work tiles were chipped, soap holder had been broken off and shower screen pretty well seen it's days, beds were comfy and the cleaners worked hard to keep the hotel smelling and looking clean.
Not much around the hotel to do.
When we checked out from our overnight prepaid room I had charges on my credit card from another guest and for a day before I had arrived, it took four people at the front desk nearly an hour to sort it out. On my return home I saw they had charged me another nights accommodation. I had a conversation twice, once on check in and once on check out to confirm that they had received payment, the front desk staff member agreed. They had also charged me for three types of upgrads that I did not receive.
It took over 10 emails to get them to reverse the charges.
I would not stay here again not worth the stress.

Room Tip: Pick a hotel close to other activities
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Debbie V
Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay with us on Tripadvisor.com. We are committed to consistenly providing genuine care and a postively unique experience to each guest who passes through our doors. We have clearly fallen short of that during your visit and for that I truly apologize. There is no excuse for the delay in correctly any billing issues, and I have taken the liberty to review your comments with both from guest services manager, and my controller to review what we did wrong and prevent the same mistakes happend again to another guest.
I can only hope that you will consider returning to the Hyatt Pier 66 in the future, as we would love an opportunity to regain your confidence.

osterville, ma
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had a biz meeting in FT lauderdale and decided to add on a couple of days on each end of the meeting. I am SO glad I did. I loved this hotel! for the first time in my life (51) I changed my flight so I could stay another night.Mary at the pool bar is an angel and my room overlooking the intercostal waterway(6th floor tower) was gorgeous. I truly loved sitting out there every evening watching the world go by...I will find a reason very soon to go back to Ft Lauderdale and the Hyatt Pier 66!!!

Room Tip: take advantage of the water taxi, you can ride all day long, on and off as much as you want for $20!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful remarks not only about your stay, but also about Mary at Orchids Pool Bar which I have shared with not only her, but the staff. We are thrilled to hear that if your travel plans bring you back to the Fort Lauderdale area that you will once again stay with us.

Chicago
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed for a weekend of deep sea fishing and baseball and thoroughly enjoyed the grounds, room and courteous staff! Nice big pool with plenty of seating and a bar/grill with a great staff. Easy access to the beach, pier for fishing charters, restaurants and local highways.

Room Tip: Marina/waterway rooms and suites are comfortable and convenient.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Guelph, Ontario
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here for two nights prior to our cruise. I read the reviews here and my expectations were higher.
The resort and the grounds were beautiful but the room left something to be desired.
Check in was quick and easy but no real direction given to our room which was to the end of the hall, down the elevator, outside, around the building over to the second building, up the elvator and around the corner. Took us a while but we found it. The bell service was there but no one was available so we had to lug all of our luggage on our journey, which after a long day of travel was not enjoyable.
Cleanliness of the room was ok, a few hairs in the tub, but just that. ok. Nothing fancy, and the hotel is showing signs of age with dirt in the corners and tiles falling off.
The pool was large and very welcoming including the giant 40 man hot bath.
Valet ervice was good for the most part except the night the Hotel was hosting some sort of event and it took over an hour to get in the driveway. In the future hope the hotel keeps a lane open for actual hotel guests so they do not regret choosing said hotel.
Overall, nice hotel, great location, with so-so rooms.
The only thing 4 star about this hotel was the prices.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family