“Perfect pre-cruise halt”

Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Ottawa, Canada
“Perfect pre-cruise halt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We loved this place, we stayed there a bunch of girls on the 2 nights before our cruise and had a blast. The gym was nice and wall maintained, the pools were clean and the place was spotless. It was in walking distance to everything we wanted and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. We already have our room booked for this year's trip!

Room Tip: The tower rooms were the best but the marina level ones were great too. Loved the patio door direct...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chantal D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,193)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in 2004, prior to moving to South Florida. We had a great room with an amazing view, really good location. But I decided to visit the Hyatt again but this time for a half-day spa. Oh my! It was amazing. First of all, the staff is incredible. Very stylish and modern decor but not pretentious at all. They make you feel welcome, relaxed and most of all, not rushed. My massage therapist Viorica was probably the best I've ever had. I've traveled to some beautiful islands around the world and had pampering spa days, and I can't believe this little oasis is in my backyard! You will not be disappointed at all to give this place a try, whether traveling here from out of state or if you live around the corner. Great job Hyatt for providing a truly wonderful spa experience. Jason, who I believe is the manager, has really assembled a great team and promotes excellent customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TXLonghorngirl
GMPier66, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful Spa experience with us, but also other readers of TripAdvisor. I have shared your comments with the Spa, and again glad you hear that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you use our Spa again, and thank you for your business.

Hyatt Regency Pier 66
Uhrichsville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights in March 2013. Our stay was very enjoyable and everyone that we came in contact with at the hotel treated us exceptionally well. The hotel is beautiful and the tower room we stayed in was very nice, clean & comfortable. The view was fantastic. We were in room 569. David Ivy the concierge was very helpful to us with our questions and helping us print our return airline tickets. Our room was cleaned every morning promptly. We had no complaints.

From The Great State of Ohio

Room Tip: Room 569 has a beautiful view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time from your day to share your wonderful comments not only with us, but other TripAdvisor readers. We were pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations, and pleased to hear that David our concierge provided you with exceptional service too. Thank you for staying with us, and if your travels bring you back to the Fort Lauderdale area that you once again stay with us.

Hyatt Pier 66
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights in March '13. When I arrived from the airport there was no one at the reception desk. I walked outside to ask the valet and he sent me to the bellman who had appeared inside the lobby. He went through a door behind reception to ask an employee to come to the desk to check a guest in. I was given a key to a room not located in the tower (main hotel building) and I asked if someone could help me with my bags, they were still outside on the sidewalk at the front of the hotel. The clerk said no one was available but the bellman should be back soon. It was now closing in on midnight, I had been waiting around for over 30 minutes. An elderly gentleman came along 15 minutes later (not kidding) and helped me with my bags to the room. The property is very dimly lit and I would not have found my way to the room. Also there are two elevator banks and the floors are numbered differently in each one, a bit confusing. The bellman was very nice and showed me the room. Breakfast was a buffet which was standard fare. You could order eggs but it was one woman cooking with two small frying pans and a single burner and she was very, very slow. Almost 20 minutes for two medium eggs as there was a family of four in front of me. The rest of my food was cold by the time I returned to the table. The rooms are not cleaned daily and linens are not changed, this includes bath towels, unless you call housekeeping and ask for service. A room service tray sat in the hall with half eaten food on it for over 24 hours. I skipped dinner here after the breakfast experience. I will never stay at a Hyatt again and this particular property which I had stayed at many times several years ago, is in dire need of staff and a general manager with experience. I am back in town for a week in April and will stay at the Embassy Suites. Happy to forego the view for better accomodations, service and food.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here, request a room in the Tower, it is above the lobby and the views of the ci...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank EmmaCairn
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. Your feedback is appreciated as it allows us to perfect our service moving forward. Please note that I will address your concerns about your checking in process, as well as housekeeping services with my team to ensure these types of mistakes are addressed immediately. So please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconsistent service you had received during your stay, and although we hope that we can again rebuild your trust is us for any future visits to Fort Lauderdale area.

Hyatt Pier 66
Haworth, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Most of the previous comments are accurate. The hotel seems to suffer from a 'series of unfortunate events...'

Check -in...as mentioned before, the front desk seems determined to steer yo utowards a parking-lot facing, motel style room. Many of these are located a very, very, very long walk from the main lobby and all it holds. The parking-lot view rooms are proclaimed to be 'quiet' but that just means dead. Many of them have a patio that barely fits the two wicker chairs provided.

If you have budgeted for the 'garden apartments' you can still ask for a pool-facing room, or better still, a second floor with balcony. again, pool facing.. Even the 'marina' vies, really means you are staring at someone's docked yacht on a hook outside your bedroom window.

Luckily, as may posts imply, we were in th 'tower.' this allowed for a nice view of the marina, a balcony andeasy access to the lobby, bar and breakfast restaurant as well as the doorman and concierge.

Check-in...basically a nightmare. lots of disgruntled check-ins disapointed with their designated room assignments.

Wierd vibe from the concierge. I don't know why the hotel restaurant menus are such a secret, but they won't copy the menus or allow you to take them to your room to peruse. In your room, there are no menus or details about the hotel restuarnats, only the Room Service menu. i find this very strange, and as a result, the hotel lost our busness because we ate at outher restuants in the area.

The pool side cafe does serve great food, but the portions are huge and some people don't find pigging-out n a bikini attractive.

The pools are really great. they are warm and spacious. there's also a really great hot tub that fit's about 30 people.

Elevators are somewhat off the beaten track, as is the fitness center, but generally no complaints there.

Water pressure in the room was a trickle. Disappointing tub and shower. Spacious toiilet with nice glass door. small fridge in room. Sel-parking is $21 + tax a day - plenty of spaces ad safe and secure. We used the beach shuttle once and it was prompt and a short ride to the beach.

The location is extremely close to airport and cruise ports. a short drive to Las Olas. easy access to A1A or 95 towards South beach and Miami.

The low point was definitely service. It's nochalant at best. The front desk staff seem to be taking up the weight for the short comings of others....just a general look of stress.

The rooms were very clean, but we were only given cups for the coffee maker on the first night. That meant going to the lobby and paying $3 for your wake-up caffiene....wasn't worth calling housekeeping.

All in all, an average stay. Hyatt could do better with greater attention to customers.

Room Tip: Do not accept parkinglot facing garden room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Londonjack
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night before our cruise. The room was clean and looked right outside to the docked yachts. The pools were huge and inviting though we didn't get a chance to use them. The food in the hotel and around the pier was good though pricey. There was no option to pick up something cheap and quick for breakfast since they seem to only have an expensive breakfast buffet, so we walked across the street to a gas station with a dunkin donuts inside. Would stay here again at the right price.

• Stayed November 2012
Maryland, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel was nice but needs some refurbishing. Our room was on the motel side, which surprised me, but was clean and comfortable. We wish we had a balcony though. The place needs a facelift. The pool area was beautiful but the pool and hot tub desperately need repair. We got a good price for spring break week and the staff was wonderful. I would stay here again, just not expecting a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank l0vet0travelusa
As always we greatly appreciate our guests taking the time from their busy schedule to share their experience both with us and other travelers on TripAdvisor.com. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Hyatt Regency Pier 66