“Great location for a pre/post cruise”

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a tower room with a large balcony, and a view on the Port Everglades cruise ships. The room was large and spacious. We also tried the lobby bar/restaurant, we found that the food was very good (Mac&Cheese is great).
Great pool area with lounge music. Excellent service.
There is an Avis Rent-A-Car right at the hotel, efficient and excellent service there also.

The also have a private shuttle to the cruise port (15$), otherwise a taxi ride is about 12$. Although the port is very close, you just cant walk there, the port is huge.

In short we enjoyed our stay at the Pier Sixty-Six.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I read mixed reviews of this property before booking it for a couple nights prior to a cruise. I almost cancelled the reservation last minute because of some of the negative reviews/comments here but decided to trust Hyatt as they have never let me down before. I am SO glad I did. Let me start by saying I am a Loyal Hyatt Gold Passport Member. This is a totally FREE membership that you can join. You get wonderful perks as part of the loyalty membership and I always feel like a family member when I stay at any Hyatt property. I booked 2 marina rooms at a great rate about 6 months prior to our stay. A couple days before, I received an email stating there may be availability to upgrade if desired at check in. I selected YES to a few of the upgrade options (this did not lock me in, only gave me option to do so at check in). We got to the hotel about 2:30 fully anticipating our rooms would not be ready till 4 pm check in. The very professional and courteous front desk agent stated they were not ready but I was upgraded to an ocean view king and a junior suite (both in the tower, and both with balconies). I was thrilled and accepted the upgrades. One was complimentary, the other (junior suite) cost an additional $20. We left our luggage with the bell staff and went to the poolside restaurant to eat a leisurely lunch and explore the beautiful grounds. It was a gorgeous day and after flying it was a nice time to enjoy the outdoors. The front desk called me when our rooms were ready. The meal at the poolside was wonderful--very tasty and felt it was a good value. This is a resort so we expect to pay a little more for the food. Honestly, same price as airport food only MUCH better tasting and presentation was lovely. The bellman brought our luggage to our room and gave us some great tips on where to have dinner as well as info on the complimentary beach shuttle and water taxi stop on the property. Our room was fantastic! I couldn't believe the views surrounding us when we walked in. We were on the 9th floor corner unit with wraparound balcony. Could have spent the entire time on the room balcony. Every staff member we encountered was professional, friendly and helpful. My sister in law even left her sunglasses in the beach shuttle and the lady driver had them for her when she called back later. Honestly, cannot say enough good things about this property and our stay. When we checked out to leave for our cruise, the bellman asked where we were going, told him the cruise port and he offered shuttle for $7 each, ready to go immediately. Because there were 4 of us with 5 pieces of luggage, fitting into one cab would have been difficult so this was perfect. We were completely satisfied, above and beyond my Hyatt (high) expectations and would come back anytime and recommend to friends and family for future stays as well.

Room Tip: Tower room with balcony--corner unit has wraparound views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TTsTrippin
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This property has lots of beautiful outdoor space, including gorgeous pools. We ate an outstanding meal at Grille 66, which had very friendly waiters and excellent food. The views from the dock were lovely, with beautiful boats anchored near the hotel. The location is very close to both the airport and cruise ship terminal.

Unfortunately, we experienced a lot of problems during our stay. The garden rooms are in poor condition. Our sink was clogged, and when we tried to call the front desk from our hotel phone we were unable to reach them. Since we had to feed our two year old, and put him to bed, we didn't discover until the next morning that the reason we were unable to reach the front desk was that the phone in our room was also broken. Once we called the front desk from our cell phone, they immediately dispatched a plumber, who quickly fixed the issue. When we tried to check out of the hotel, we had to call for a bellman three times and wait nearly 30 minutes until he arrived. Our hotel room was a substantial distance from the front desk so we were unable to transport the luggage ourselves. We were told the hotel was out of luggage carts so the luggage had to be dragged to a golf cart parked some distance away. Since we were running late due to the bellman's delay and needed to check in to our cruise ship, we had to help move our own luggage while supervising our two year old. While it is understandable that the hotel was swamped due to a national bowl game, having this many problems is not acceptable in a 4 * hotel, and I hope Priceline reclassifies this property so people aren't unnecessarily disappointed. This hotel has many lovely features, and if the garden rooms were renovated it could easily be a 5* property.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kitkat343
GMPier66, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about your most recent stay. I am disappointed that your visit was not as pleasant as we all woudl have liked. Your feedback is appreicated as it allows me to perfect our service that Hyatt is known for and move forward. I hope that you return in the future and give us the opportunity to impress you with our service.

All the best,

Glenn Spanier
Hyatt Regency Pier 66
glenn.spanier@hyatt.com

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice property but rooms OLD . U have to walk all around to get anywhere.... Another flub by Hyatt Regency... Thought I could trust a REGENCY but NO . Horrible room plus 1 desk attendant to check in a line of people. O and I forgot my sliding door doesn't lock! Thank GOD I brought a male friend soooo I can hopefully be protected.....

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank NicoleLea

As always we greatly appreciate our guests taking the time to share both the good and bad experiences during their stays. Many folks do not realize that the hotel does sit on 22 acres which is very large for hotels in this area, and is one of the reason why we have carts to aid guests when needed. Again, we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations, and hope we are given the opportunity again to show you what Hyatt Pier 66 is all about.

All the best,

Glenn Spanier
Hyatt Regency Pier 66
glenn.spanier@hyatt.com

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the property for a short business trip. It is ideally located, easy parking and the surroundings are always top notch!

I checked in thursday night, my room was clean and well appointed. King Size Bed that was very comfortable.

The management staff of the hotel is always on the property, I saw two managers always in the lobby picking things up and making sure the lobby area was clean and welcoming!!!!!

I stayed in the pool area close to the Marina very relaxing and close to parking

Room Tip: The spa looked great and I will utilize the service on my next visit
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A short stay at this Hyatt revealed the age of the property - the dated building architecture is impossible to hide, but the guest rooms are far beneath Hyatt standards. The carpets and wall coverings are an embarrassment to the brand and bathrooms received only a superficial makeover, which is a shame because they are quite large in the bungalow units.

An awesome pool deck and marina location are keeping this property afloat which I suspect is one of only a few independently owned properties in the Hyatt chain.

Room Tip: Bungalow units have a view of the large yachts that frequent the marina and provide for easier acces...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave5280
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I will start by saying that my sister has stayed there, and enjoyed her stay. However she booked for us two bedrooms for 5 nights, in the Tower. When we arrived for whatever reason these rooms were not available, and we were finally an hour later taken to some terrible rooms, right at the back of the hotel, and on the ground floor. You could not swing a cat in the rooms, they were dirty, and definitely where we would not spend five nights. We were then moved to two other rooms, which were equally bad, the gentleman who was checking us in was most unpleasant, and had a definite attitude. The bellhop, who had our luggage, was most embarrased by all this and stayed with us the whole time, trying to help us. We also found out that they were over booked by 80 people the next day !! Luckily we found another hotel. So before you go there check out that you have the rooms that you have requested !!!

Room Tip: Seeing I eventually did not stay there, I can't say, other than check that you have the room tha...
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family