“Another mistake by HYATT.....”

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Another mistake by HYATT.....”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice property but rooms OLD . U have to walk all around to get anywhere.... Another flub by Hyatt Regency... Thought I could trust a REGENCY but NO . Horrible room plus 1 desk attendant to check in a line of people. O and I forgot my sliding door doesn't lock! Thank GOD I brought a male friend soooo I can hopefully be protected.....

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank NicoleLea
GMPier66, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
As always we greatly appreciate our guests taking the time to share both the good and bad experiences during their stays. Many folks do not realize that the hotel does sit on 22 acres which is very large for hotels in this area, and is one of the reason why we have carts to aid guests when needed. Again, we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations, and hope we are given the opportunity again to show you what Hyatt Pier 66 is all about.

All the best,

Glenn Spanier
Hyatt Regency Pier 66
glenn.spanier@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,229)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the property for a short business trip. It is ideally located, easy parking and the surroundings are always top notch!

I checked in thursday night, my room was clean and well appointed. King Size Bed that was very comfortable.

The management staff of the hotel is always on the property, I saw two managers always in the lobby picking things up and making sure the lobby area was clean and welcoming!!!!!

I stayed in the pool area close to the Marina very relaxing and close to parking

Room Tip: The spa looked great and I will utilize the service on my next visit
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A short stay at this Hyatt revealed the age of the property - the dated building architecture is impossible to hide, but the guest rooms are far beneath Hyatt standards. The carpets and wall coverings are an embarrassment to the brand and bathrooms received only a superficial makeover, which is a shame because they are quite large in the bungalow units.

An awesome pool deck and marina location are keeping this property afloat which I suspect is one of only a few independently owned properties in the Hyatt chain.

Room Tip: Bungalow units have a view of the large yachts that frequent the marina and provide for easier acces...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave5280
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I will start by saying that my sister has stayed there, and enjoyed her stay. However she booked for us two bedrooms for 5 nights, in the Tower. When we arrived for whatever reason these rooms were not available, and we were finally an hour later taken to some terrible rooms, right at the back of the hotel, and on the ground floor. You could not swing a cat in the rooms, they were dirty, and definitely where we would not spend five nights. We were then moved to two other rooms, which were equally bad, the gentleman who was checking us in was most unpleasant, and had a definite attitude. The bellhop, who had our luggage, was most embarrased by all this and stayed with us the whole time, trying to help us. We also found out that they were over booked by 80 people the next day !! Luckily we found another hotel. So before you go there check out that you have the rooms that you have requested !!!

Room Tip: Seeing I eventually did not stay there, I can't say, other than check that you have the room tha...
Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Vicks277
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for one night prior to a cruise I was taking. The group I was cruising with offered either the Hyatt or Embassy Suites as part of the pre cruise offer and I chose the Hyatt because I thought it would be more " high end" than Embassy Suites.Unfortunately, I made the wrong choice. I should have stayed at Embassy Suites for less money.
I booked a marina view room. My room was on the first floor and my view was of a boat slip and the back of buildings on the other side of a lagoon! The room looked as if it had not been renovated for several years. The bathroom was clean but old. The bed was comfotrable and there was a flat screen tv but the carpet and drapes were very old and the room was very " stark".I wouldn't have minded if I was paying a " Holiday Inn" rate but the price was 265 dollars a night and it was a mile from the beach.
The pool was beautiful and the quality of the food in the breakfast buffet was good, but I would have opted to stay in a cheaper hotel had I known what the room was like.
While at the pool, I could not help but over hear the man next to me complaining to a manager over the phone about his overall disappontment with the Hyatt.He was a diamond member and was expressing his disappointment and frustration with this particular Hyatt and one he had stayed in in Miami the previous night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda P
Maryland
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel with great employees. We recently stayed overnight before getting on a cruise ship. We left some valuables behind in an unlocked safe. The housekeeper found them and turned them in to security. Ernestina received our panic call and took on the responsibility of helping us. She was awesome. She called security and discovered that the housekeeper found our valuables. She arranged to have them delivered to our ship prior to sailing and continued to follow up until we had them in our hands. Unbelievable customer service! Kudos to the housekeeper who found and turned in our belongings (I think her name was Trudy). Gene for delivering them to us at the ship. And amazing work Ernestina for taking such good care of us! What an incredible experience in a beautiful hotel along the ICC?

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The staff was extraordinarily attentive to a small group of women celebrating a 50th birthday. The accommodations poolside were convenient and superb and enabled us to have cocktails on our terrace with a great view of palm trees. The new cabanas at the pool were pristine. The food and service, especially the daily breakfast buffet with customized omelets freshly prepared were just what was needed to replenish from the night before! Can't wait to return and take the family! Oh, did I forget to mention the gorgeous spa where we were pampered!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends