“Stay in clean hotel & great services”

Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I did look other Hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, but Pier Sixty-Six was my choice. Room is very clean, and very modern and upscale. Of course, does not mean they are perfect. My relatives stayed another room has a few small issues such as bathroom light was not working and so on. But, if you like clean nice room you feel comfortable, relax and pleasant, Pier Sixty-Six is the place I recommend anyone. I wasn't sure this Hotel is 4-Star or 5-Star hotel, but services were excellent. Employees are very humble, friendly, respectable and professional. They won't let you down if you ask for anything to make your stay "Happy".
What I dislike about this Hotel is that restaurant near front lobby serves Breakfast buffet, and selection is boring and so ordinary. Well, you may not agree with me on this matter. And space is limited for busy morning. They used to had a bigger space restaurant before they remodeled. A few other things, room do not have a small refrigerator. Hotel have a 2 buildings, one is tower and another one is 2 story building. I heard rooms in tower may come with a refrigerator. But you can request one at front desk if you need one. 2-Story building rooms have no elevator. If you wish to carry your own baggages from parking, you have to use stair or ask front desk and let service staff to take care of your baggages.
Money you pay for this Hotel is worth it 100%. Very good hotel, very clean rooms and very clean bathroom. I recommend you if you and your family plan to stay in Ft. Lauderdale.
At last, I checked a bed top and bottom, I did not see any Bed bugs at all. I had a great sleep at night and every night for a week.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank StarShine80
Write a ReviewReviews (4,996)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just spent 15 nights at Pier 66 for my annual holiday. Not stayed here for years and wondered if it would live up to my memories. It sure did, and more!! I can't say enough good things about the wonderful staff they have at this property - they are so customer focussed and can't do enough for you. I was always addressed by my name and made to feel so special.
My room was in the tower block and what a view! Across 17th Street towards the Port to the left, I could see downtown to the right and if I turned I could also see the ocean. Stunning. Room was lovely and comfortable with a huge bed and 7 pillows!! Massive bathroom with lots of towels and a separate toilet. The pool complex remains as stunning as ever but surprisingly the big pool was warmer than the cool one. Lovely to swim and relax around. Only ate breakfast, which had some a la carte items, or the buffet. Nice setting just off the lobby area with a part glass ceiling making it light and airy. I had a couple of glasses in the lounge bar in the lobby - the bartender was sooo friendly! And Pelican Landing makes a mean Pina Colada!!
But the true asset of this property are the staff - Michael on the Front Desk was a sweetheart and became a friend, Corey was superb with his professional, friendly manner and others there (whose names I can't remember) were great, making you feel like a long time friend. One of the housekeeping ladies - Dezene - was so charming, always laughing and smiling. A pleasure to see her every day (and not just because she was tidying up my mess).
And a special thanks to Ben who helped me with my reservation, and the lovely Bellman who gave me water and a tissue when I cried because I was leaving.
You were great and I can't wait to be there again. x

Room Tip: Tower rooms have stunning views. Pool/Marina views appear quieter and less prone to wind. (We suff...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Thank Candy.BridgeUK
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is nice. It's near the cruise port with spacious nice rooms (tower and pool located rooms). The mall is a 15$ taxi ride and airport is about the same. When you sleep in the tower you have to ask with port view so the morning u wake up u can see your ship :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Geo1988
Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a perfect hotel for fun in the sun. Located right off the pier and Ft Lauderdale waterway. We were able to see the ocean and all the beautiful boats parked in the nearby slips. Hotel was clean and people were all very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mary Lou V
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nothing better than to catch up with old friends and make new ones. The Pelican Landing Bar outside at the Pier Sixty-Six was a perfect spot to get together!!

Sitting right on the Intracoastal Waterway, where the mega yachts come to port, gave us a spectacular view of what this town has to offer!!

We ordered Ceviche', Conch Fritters, Mahi, and Coconut Shrimp. All were as delicious tasting as was the presentation. Yummy Mojito's to compliment and good time was had by all.

This outdoor restaurant/bar is open to the public...you don't have to be a guest to enjoy the food and the view.

Carl and David were our servers and did a great job of keeping our large party happy!!!

Room Tip: Come to watch the large mega yachts cruise in from the ocean. Delightful!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sgauthier31
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We spent the night prior to our cruise at the Hyatt. Room 1270 has a tremendous view of the channel where the ships come into port. We were able to get a profile picture of the Ruby Princess with the side and aft of the Allure of the Seas visible from her pier. Hotel is very clean, has attentive staff, grounds are extremely well maintained, and quite honestly I could not ask for anything more. There is also an Avis office on-site which is of benefit if you have rented a car to drive to Fort Lauderdale. The normal rules are in effect for Gold Passport members; therefore late checkouts are available on "Cruise Sunday." Have Fun if you choose to stay here.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lucky_Patrick
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here over night before a cruise out of Miami. We flew into FLL, flight arrived 11:30PM and we let Pier Sixty Six know of our very late arrival. We called to confirm this before we left on our flight out of EWR. We arrived around midnight, and were greeted by Marcus (oops, that might or might not be his name) and his welcoming smile. We were happy to pay $25 for valet. He helped us in with out luggage and set it to the side and walked us over to check in. Our account reflected already being checked in and confusion began, we were also over charged $80- I had a special rate being in the travel industry. Apparently when we called to confirm our late check in, our credit card was inadvertently billed. No problem, this was all worked out by the time we woke in the morning. Marcus felt like a butler, his hospitality revealed that he was in a service oriented business most of his life. We went ahead and arrived to our amazing room and he followed 5 minutes later w/ our luggage. We had a wonderful conversation with him, and he suggested where to order food from, as we were hungry. Food ordered and delivered, but not before Marcus asked if he could do anything else for us, he would have even unpacked us if we were staying more than the night. [not that I like anyone playing with my luggage and belongings but this revealed a level of service that travelling people appreciate]. We were on the 14th floor and had amazing views. If you're looking for a hotel with amazing views, this is the hotel for you. We stayed out on the balcony quite some time, knowing this was only an overnight stay. The room was beautiful, well appointed with a refrigerators, large safe, ironing board/iron and toiletries in the bathroom- for those that travel light. I used the iron!! the only one interesting mention is that the bottled water we got from the machine was very hot! We remedied this by putting it on ice, but worth the mention as it was hard to believe and funny in the big scheme. Upon leaving we noticed the breakfast area, bright, clean and a very friendly hostess waiting to say good morning! We recommend this hotel and look forward to another and longer stay very soon.

Room Tip: High up with a view! Beautiful, clean, very comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple