“YOU CAN'T GO WRONG HERE!”

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Naples, Florida
“YOU CAN'T GO WRONG HERE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel has been around a long time (1957). I remember as a small child on family vacations to Fort Lauderdale seeing it and saying to myself "gosh, I wish we could stay there." Fortunately in my adult years that has indeed been possible. However, I have not been there for several years and seen the hotel since its recent renovations.

Well no disappointments in my return there this past weekend since those renovations. The hotel remains an outstanding property and I would be pressed hard to find anything wrong with it. The lobby and surrounding areas look great and the room (ours was in the tower) was done in a very chic/contemporary style. The bathrooms in the tower are very generous in size and so much marble in them adds a very upscale feel to them. This is a very sold 4 star property no doubt.

Ultimately I judge any hotel/resort by the food and beverage operation and with just one exception the Hyatt Pier 66 delivers. The Mariner's cafe where a la-carte or buffet breakfast ($20 here, most better Fort Lauderdale hotels charge $25-30 for same) did an outstanding job. The staff was professional and genuinely warm and courteous. Many of the more expensive high end fruits like blueberries and raspberries were available (most hotels give you just strawberries). While you could order an omelette from your waiter/waitress as part of the buffet, I actually ate the scrambled eggs from the silver chafing dish. Most hotels the buffet scrambled eggs are always dry and appear to be made from powdered eggs but at the Hyatt they were no doubt the real thing, creamy and fresh.

I rarely eat burgers but decided to try the Black Angus burger offered at the poolside Orchis Bar and it was positively outstanding. Thick and most importantly cooked to order as I like, the beef was no doubt top grade. They were great about letting me opt out of french fries and enjoy in its place a side salad. My only disappointing dining experience was the very casual "Pelican Landing" which is a good hike from the main hotel out at the edge of the pier Appears to be manned only by a bunch of young kids who had zero understanding of service. Forever to get your order taken, people who arrived after you getting their order taken before yours (and as such their food first) as well as waiting forever to get your check. Had my 4 yr old grandson with me and just felt these young kids running Pelican Landing had no appreciation for how important service can be particularly when you have a small child or children with you.

Finally the grounds around the pool as well as the pools themselves are meticously maintained and give a very "upscale resort" feel to the hotel.

It may not be the Breakers in Palm Beach but the Hyatt Pier 66 after all these years is an outstanding place to stay and I now look forward to returning more frequently in the future!

Worldspan

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,193)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
stewwwie1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Another of my Priceline finds! Priceline should include the 21.00 daily self parking fee into the cost. Not such a bargain after all! We checked in which went very well and we asked for the tower.That's not your price line room,but for an extra fifty dollars per night we can upgrade u! We asked where the handicapped pkg was and the desk clerk said they would put us in the tower because the walk from the handicapped pkg area would be a very long one. So off to room 360. Upon opening the door their was such a strong smell that it made us both gag.Called down to the desk and we were given keys to another room with 2 beds. Called down again and were given keys to 469. Room was OK somewhat clean, lots of dirty wall,carpeting,broken louvered door in bathroom,rusted sconces in bathroom, shower control knob came off in my hand, bathroom faucet had no stops. Room was spacious and well appointed but needs a lot of maintenance. Our room was very quiet. Maid was great, left what we needed

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room high floor. Nice view of cruise ship terminal. Great area close to beaches and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stewwwie1
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel, the rooms are very nice and comfortable, we had a garden view which was nice, the pool area was large and comfy, the hotel is at a great location for the water taxi which we found the best way to see the sights, definately worth doing, the boats and mansions are another world, the water taxi man tells you who's who and who owns which boats, well worth the money.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are very nice, they are seperate from the main hotel and in a quiet location.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to flying home after a trip to The Keys. I wish we could have stayed longer. The pools and the grounds here were spectacular and the hotel staff could not have been friendlier. The Pelican Grille at the marina was very good and offered a beautiful sunset view from our outside table. The Valet was happy to ride us on the golf cart and pick us up when we were ready.
If you are looking to frequent the beach, this is probably not the most convenient hotel. My only other negative would be the drink prices in the hotel bar were very overpriced ($10 for a rail vodka tonic).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We chose this hotel, because it had everything we wanted for our pre-cruise stay - restaurants, bars, pools, location. To say we were pleased would be quite an understatement. From check-in to check out, our stay was wonderful! The staff was most pleasant, the grounds are beautiful, the food was good - what more could you want? Eduardo the bartender in the Lobby Bar was the best! A perfectionist! The view from our balcony was magnificient! We had such a great time - it was difficult to leave! We would love to go back, and if we did would stay longer!

Room Tip: We chose the tower for the views, and were very happy! Disappointed that the top floor is only open...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Osprey, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Was very impressed right from check-in...with valet service (pricey! $25/day) , Bell service (friendly), great lobby, beautiful pool areas. Some rooms have Temperature regulating problems (outs was very cool even set at 85)....but OK for East Coast Summers. Had spectacular view of canals and ocean, even from 6th floor. Everyone we dealt with was nice. Location great for getting to other sites. Pier 66 is stop #6 for the water taxi, which you can ride all day for $20.
Would recommend highly. One problem with a door in the room was fixed within an hour. Bed was the most comfortable in a long time!

Room Tip: tower has great views, Avoid Room 666!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Hyatt Regency pier66, was a great place to visit. I am always traveling or going to hotel & resorts for business trips or conference. When you walk into this location its nice, clean just like so many others I go to all the time. My reason for going was for a SIG boot camp training for travel agents. So you see I know what to look for. My room was excellent. The bell staff and banquet staff where friendly, polite and so very helpful every time they saw me walking around asking if I needed anything. The housekeeping staff was also very nice and friendly.

Over all I will surely recommend this site to my clients and can't wait to have an excuse to hang out with Hyatt Regency pier66 again.

Vicky Garcia
Cruise con Vicky
Group Specialist

Room Tip: I was on the 13 floor the view at night was breath taking with balcony I enjoyed it to the fully
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business