New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
Ranked #37 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Gainesville, Florida
“Great Presentation and Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We recently spent a Fall Escape Weekend at Pier 66, a Fort Lauderdale landmark and luxury hotel. We ate at three of the four restaurants, with well prepared and presented foods at each. All staff is polite and gave great service. There are several choices of views from which to choose. We choose a room overlooking a quiet canal with yachts. Other choices were cityscape, harbour and ocean views. We enjoyed the expansive pools, as well as the beach. The Fall Escape package fit our budget and allowed us to enjoy the upscale food presentations and remain in budget without having to go out. The location afforded easy access to local attractions, and downtown.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,101)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Large Rooms with great view, clean, Personnel very helpful. Would recommend staying.

Room Tip: Request a room in the tower so you can get a great view of the atlantic etc.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dee M
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

This hotel should not even be considered a four star hotel. The "renovated rooms" don't even look like they are "new". The hotel room was dirty! We couldn't even open sliding room balcony door. I requested a king bed and was promised a king, however when I arrived I was told that all king rooms were taken and I was given a lanai double for one night (It was extremely dirty with mold on the bathroom shower, seriously have these people ever heard of Clorox). On the second night I was given the room I had requested (king) again dirty like the previous room and lacking amenities. One such missing amenity was the ipod docking station that was in the previous room, but not in the current room. My husband requested it and we were promised several times that we would receive one. When we called later during the day to see why we never received it the manager said that we should be happy with what we had and that he did not feel that we had been inconvenienced by 1) the double beds and 2) the missing amenities! He even said "you can fit three people in one of those double beds. As a manager of a four star hotel he is the WORST manager I have ever met and I am extremely disappointed with Hyatt Hotel chain! I feel that this hotel should not be considered four star and I have been to several four star hotels in the area. By far there is no comparison this is the worst hotel I have EVER been in. I will never consider to stay here again and I suggest that for the amount of money you are paying you should relocate to a newer hotel on the beach! Take my word DO NOT STAY HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT! As a local there are better hotels for your money with better service.

Room Tip: Here's a tip go to another hotel such as the "W", Atlantic, Ritz, Westin, etc..... tho...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank stephanie g
Neutral Bay, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Being a constant customer of Hyatt I was disappointed with the Hyatt Regency Pier 66
Negatives - Older style room, remote did not work properly, no water pressure in the shower whatsoever, the light cover in the bathroom fell off! Felt like the place was falling apart.
There was a definite lack of things to do around the area
Good for a one night stay however was happy I wasn't staying for longer...we had a great view from our balcony!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have stayed at 6-7 Hyatt properties in the past and they've always been nice. This was by far the worst and when I complained, the front desk manager acted like I was being a drama queen. The pool was seriously disgusting - green and steps had algae on them and the room including the a/c filter had a huge layer of dirt on it. Gross hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LianeMJ
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We arrived in the evening at the hotel after driving from Orlando through storms ! it was awful, when my wife went to check in the receptionist told her she was upgrading our room to cheer us up !! She was right it did , and for the next 3 days everything about the Hyatt Regency made us both very happy. Position, service , food , and so friendly . We departed 30th March returning to England, We'll Be Back .

Room Tip: All the rooms though not the same are brilliant .
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
California, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels in Fort Lauderdale. This hotel has it all! The service was beyond my expectations.....this was my experience: The safe in my hotel room required repair. I had to wait about an hour for security to replace the safe....no big deal! When I arrived at the pool, I was given a cabana for the day with my choice of lunch.....on the house! I also received a thank you note from security. In addition, the hotel staff was extra friendly and helpful...even called me by name! The hotel room in the tower was spectacular....clean, bright, comfy bed, internet, balcony with awesome view of the intercoastal. Plus the room was reasonably priced! The food at the pool was great along with the service. The pool supervisor passed out complimentary frozen grapes and cold face towels to the guests....never got this at the W, the Atlantic, or the Pelican. Lobby was comfortable, bright, and perfect for reading the complimentary newspapers. Needless to say, I loved my stay at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66... I shall return!

Room Tip: My room was on the 14th floor of the tower; it was perfect!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo