Grand Palm Plaza
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$140
$342
$305
Conrad.com
$94
W Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
$313
$299
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Royal Beach Palace(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$89
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$116
Sea Club Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
$195
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Fort Lauderdale)
$120
$129
$125
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsnorth beach villagegay resortgay mencontinental breakfastother resortspropertylauderdaleftmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2006

When it comes right down to it, what really sets hotels apart from each other, is the quality and sincerity of the hotel staff. This is hardly a Ritz Carlton, a Four Seasons, or even a Hyatt......those bastions of corporate/robotic training, plastic smiles and by-the-book helpfulness. The Palm Plaza has something much better to offer.....a staff that is really glad you`re there and is eager to do everything they can to make your stay welcoming and exceedingly comfortable. You`ll be utterly charmed by the entire unpretentious, low-key, reasonbably priced experience.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NYCfanatic
Reviewed December 11, 2006

I just returned from a week's vacation in Florida and wanted to write a review for the Palm Plaza Resort. It was an incredible bargain and a great place to stay. Several months previous to my trip, I checked out the websites for all the Ft. Lauderdale beach properties and thought the prices were rather steep. The Palm Plaza Resort had a special of 4 nights for the price of 3 and this was very attractive. However, I read some of the reviews on Trip Advisor.com and thought the place sounded like a bad bet.
The week before my trip, I looked at the site again and saw several very recent reviews of the property and they were all very enthusiatic. I decided to give it a try.

With the new manager, Steve, the place was extremely well-run and I could find nothing to complain about. The staff were friendly and helpful and the place was very clean. It is evidently the budget property owned by the same people that own Windemar Beach Resort.

I would certainly recommend it and plan on staying there the next time I'm in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo
3  Thank firehose
Reviewed December 4, 2006

There are a number of gay resorts in this neighborhood, which offer varied experiences to travelers. Let me begin by saying that if you`re looking for an expensive, upscale experience with such things as designer furnishings, Egyptian cotten sheets, popsicles served hourly by the pool, and guests with pompous attitude, there are plenty of such options nearby. Mercifully, the Palm Plaza is not one of them.

On the other hand, if you`re seeking, comfort, value, cleanliness, spaciousness, a friendly, helpful staff, and diverse and outgoing guests, this is where you need to be. When we arrived we were warmly greeted by perpetually extroverted, smiling and buff manager, Steve. Both, he and his equally amiable staff always treated us like family and should probably give, much needed, hospitality industry courses in the proper way to treat guests.

We loved our one bedroom apartment (#21) on the second floor. French doors opened into the spacious living room filled with character and colorful charm. There is a fully equipped kitchen, dining table, large bedroom with a king bed and a good sized bathroom. Everything is immaculately kept here. The balcony area outside our room offered an expansive view of the magnificent homes and boat traffic on the adjacent intracoastal waterway.....the perfect place to enjoy the included continental breakfast or evening cocktails. There is a good sized pool and lushly landscaped, compact grounds. Even better were the outgoing guests who seemed intent on leaving no one out of conversations and enjoying good natured banter in and around the pool.

For all this we paid a remarkable $99 per night and the 4th night was free. Our 5 night stay ended up being about $80 a night. Some may quibble that some added grounds maintenance and cosmetic improvements are needed. This resort suffered some serious damage during last year`s hurricanes and new owners/management have recently taken over the property. These improvements are being implemented, but even now, at The Palm Plaza, the whole is even greater the the sum of its (already lovable) parts. Come here to enjoy a relaxed, friendly, hospitable and memorable vacation.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank quindad
Reviewed November 14, 2006

This is one of the better "little" places I've stayed. The staff was more than accomadating. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty, and this was the most pleasant vacations I've had. I actually sobbed when it was time to leave. The rates were affordable, rooms were clean, and the pool was fabulous. I also enjoyed the lovely landscaping. I highly reccomend this place to anyone looking for a more intimate resort!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chazer22
Reviewed November 9, 2006

I just returned from staying at the Palm Plaza Resort in Ft Lauderdale, Florida. I've been to many resorts before, but this resort was almost like staying with family, I have to say they truely go out of thier way to make you feel right at home.

Unlike other resorts the staff made sure with regular morning visits I was set with what i would need for the day, and they were always ready to offer suggestions for activities.

I made new friends that now I am e-mailing and making plans to return for a spring visit with. Between the staff and the other guests who also felt so comfortable there i really found little reason to leave the property most of the time.

I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a quiet laid back time with with all the comforts of home and a friendly staff that just outdo themselves. If its the party your looking for, believe me they can recommend the perfect place to go, but you always have a nice quiet home to come back to.

Kenny C. Cumberland, Rhode Island