Grand Palm Plaza
$178
$167
$140
$129
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$116
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$186
$169
$179
Westin.com
  • Pool
All reviewsnorth beach villagegay resortgay mencontinental breakfastother resortspropertylauderdaleftmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2006

This is one of the better "little" places I've stayed. The staff was more than accomadating. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty, and this was the most pleasant vacations I've had. I actually sobbed when it was time to leave. The rates were affordable, rooms were clean, and the pool was fabulous. I also enjoyed the lovely landscaping. I highly reccomend this place to anyone looking for a more intimate resort!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chazer22
Reviewed November 9, 2006

I just returned from staying at the Palm Plaza Resort in Ft Lauderdale, Florida. I've been to many resorts before, but this resort was almost like staying with family, I have to say they truely go out of thier way to make you feel right at home.

Unlike other resorts the staff made sure with regular morning visits I was set with what i would need for the day, and they were always ready to offer suggestions for activities.

I made new friends that now I am e-mailing and making plans to return for a spring visit with. Between the staff and the other guests who also felt so comfortable there i really found little reason to leave the property most of the time.

I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a quiet laid back time with with all the comforts of home and a friendly staff that just outdo themselves. If its the party your looking for, believe me they can recommend the perfect place to go, but you always have a nice quiet home to come back to.

Kenny C. Cumberland, Rhode Island

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank dazdncunfsd
Reviewed November 2, 2006

A buddy of mine and I were going to see Streisand and decided to stay a couple of days in Lauderdale -- we searched the web and happened upon the Palm Plaza -- words cannot express what a pleasant surprise! We felt so comfortable immediately when Steve (the perfect host) opened the gate for us and showed us the surroundings -- we had only booked for 4 days -- and after maybe 5 minutes looking around the property and seeing how immaculate our suite was -- we immediately decided on staying another day! We didn't want to leave after the 5th day! We were treated much more than guests -- we were welcomed as friends! Not only Steve, the resident manger -- but David and Keith -- who work so hard to make everyone feel comfortable and at home! We met so many nice people and look forward to our return!
Love you guys!
As always, Bruce -

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank BruSand
Reviewed October 20, 2006

I have a real soft spot in my heart for the Palm Plaza. I've stayed there twice - it was the first place I stayed, before making Fort Lauderdale my annual summer vacation spot - and the Palm Plaza is one of the best gay, clothing-optional resorts to start with.

Oh, sure - now that I've been to several resorts there - there are more chic resorts, more "to-die-for" resorts - but the Palm Plaza is a simple, laid back, honest, nonpretentious resort - and a GREAT place for anyone new to the Fort Lauderdale area.

The rates are on the low-end (which is always good, in my mind!) - and the property is visually VERY attractive. I went w. my partner, and had a WONDERFUL stay. The suite was good (not fantastic, but still good enough for us) - the grounds were luscious - and the pool? I have to say (even after staying at many other resorts since) that the Palm Plaza pool is the BEST pool I've seen yet, at any of the Fort Lauderdale gay resorts. It is the LARGEST (size DOES matter!) pool I've seen down there - GREAT temperature, too - making doing laps a good, solid exercise - instead of some of these small (WAY too small) pools, where you do three strokes & you've reached the other end... (What's THAT all about?!?)

It's only 3 blocks to the ocean(!), and a short walk to the gay beach at Sebastion Street.

The management could not have been sweeter or warmer - really remarkable (compared to some other places I've been). I have very, very warm memories of my talks w. the management. Nice guys - nice aura about the whole place. You were definitely made to feel free to be whoever/whatever you are. (And, you can't put a price on that - believe me!)

Truthfully? I loved my stay there.

Yes - some of the repair work done within the resort rooms is a bit disappointing (bathroom door didn't close all the way, tile replaces with mismatched sizes, crooked medicine cabinet, etc.), but the place is clean, sunny, tropical, and at a good price. (And who doesn't appreciate a bargain?!?)

So, if you're not familiar w. Fort Lauderdale, and want a good place to start? I totally recommend the Palm Plaza.

• Stayed: September 2004, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Victor V
Reviewed August 27, 2006

We just returned from a week stay at the Palm Plaza and had a wonderful experience. The hotel, although, not the newest, was very clean and had beautiful gardens. The staff was very friendly and tried to please. They were quick to try to assist clients with their requests. It was very quiet and felt like a little tropical oasis. The very private pool was also a great experience. Also, the other guests were very friendly and positive about this hotel. THe onsight manager, Georgio, and the other staff members were very helpful and willing to assist your requests. Also, the price was very affordable and you would be hard pressed to find a hotel as good as this for the same rates. We would both recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed: August 2006