Grand Palm Plaza
$269
$231
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $264/night.

$147
Doubletree.com
$201
$178
  • Pool
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$163
$145
Hilton.com
$119
  • Pool
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$179
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$120
$99
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$179
$107
Official Site
  • Pool
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa(Fort Lauderdale)
$260
$199
  • Pool
All reviewsnorth beach villagegay resortgay mencontinental breakfastother resortspropertymicrowave
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I found this place browsing through the Internet. I just called and checked room availability, they had two rooms with kitchens left where other hotels only had regular rooms. Andrew was very nice on the phone and took all my information and held the room for me until i could call back and make a reservation, i even got a hold notice in my e-mail. Finally we drove in and arrived a little after noon and thought we might have to wait a bit since check-in was 3 pm, but it was not an issue, they had the room ready for us. Just walking into the oasis of what is their courtyard is amazing. Palm trees and flowering plants everywhere surrounding the pool with ample space to lounge. All the rooms are surrounding the pool and have a beautiful view of the courtyard. The rooms are spacious and where clean and tidy, lots of attention to detail in the way the towels are folded and such, makes one feel special. Edward was especially nice giving us all information we needed right off hand and his service and welcome was warm and genuine. Luis and Andrew who are in charge of the rooms are also standouts, the room was always stocked, towels were always fresh and their smiles readily available. Every Moment of my vacation was perfect including my stay at this incredible place. This is the place i will return to on my next trip to Fort Lauderdale. An absolute Gem!!!

Room Tip: Get a suite (with kitchen) you can make your own food.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Palm Plaza remains my preferred choice to stay when I visit Fort Lauderdale. It's charm, serenity, and attentive management/staff has lured me back at least a dozen times in the past several years. Recently, the resort has gone through changes with a new owner and management staff. Edward, the new manager, is still learning the ropes, but is pleasant and friendly. He has dealt with some challenges since he has come on board, particularly during 'Sandy'. He appreciates constructive criticism in his efforts to improve this wonderful little hide away, such as kitchen items that would make the larger suites more accomodating, or attending to plumbing issues (it is a rather old structure; but that adds to its charm). In addition, the other staff members are also friendly and helpful, and do take the time to talk to you and answer any questions that you may have.
As one who likes to be good to our planet, I would love for this resort to show a sincere effort to have a recyclying program in place and set the standard for other guesthouses and hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Terry J
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Sitting in the airport waiting to go back to Canada, I am already missing the comforts of this resort. The grounds are like a private sanctuary. Evenings were spent sitting in the gazebo, listening to the soothing water fountain or late night swims in the heated pool. The rooms were wonderfully maintained and you won't find a better staff or management anywhere in Florida. During the day it was beautiful laying by the pool and mingling with other guests. In fact, I was hard pressed to leave the grounds as this private Eden left you wanting nothing. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this resort and plan on coming back. Choosing the Palm Plaza was a super smart move on my part.

Room Tip: I actually had a double room my first night before moving into a single and both were very comfortable with great decor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have stayed at Palm Plaza numerous times, and always looked forward to Steve and Ron's hospitality and professionalism. Now that they're gone, someone new--I can't remember his name--is the manager. He was pleasant enough, but I resented his presumptuousness. My first day there, I was at the pool, and he said, "You need to get some sun." I thought that was a tactless comment, for not only had I just gotten there from New York, where it was winter, I don't have melanin in my skin, which means I don't tan. Steve or Ron would never have been that brash. Even though Palm Plaza remains the most economical of all the guesthouses in FLL, from now on I'll stay where I hope I won't get insulted. I do want to say that the guy who cleaned my room was very cordial and friendly. Also, to his credit, the manager did inform me that I could use the Royal Palms gym, since they're presumably owned by the same company.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ishernyro
GrandPalmPlaza, General Manager at Grand Palm Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Hello, first I would like to publicly apologize on behalf of myself and my staff if we offended you in any way. It is NEVER our intention to make any guest feel uncomfortable or come off offensive. Speaking for myself, I do my best to make sure everyone has a pleasent stay. I wish I could say more, except I do make mistakes, but try to learn from them so not to repeat in the future. I am sensitive and committed to the health and comfortability of all my guests. If there is anything I can do for you, please reach out to me.

Warm regards,
Edward Otto Zielke, General Manager
Grand Palm Plaza 954-260-6568

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights preceding an RSVP cruise and it was as pleasant as the last time there several years before. Beautiful pool, and flora and fauna surrounds the common area..along with the "sights" of folks taking advantage of it's clothing optional rule. It's very private and a VERY short walk to the gay section of the beach. It's a little motel, and slightly long in the tooth but still feels safe and inviting and clean..and welcoming...the men in the office went to great lengths to accommodate us when our travel plans changed. Also, it's quite handy (with a rental car) to anyplace you could ever want to go..shopping, bars and the like. We WILL be going back. It's just cute and we love it.

Room Tip: If you travel in a group and are just relaxing, consider the Plaza as your destination. And one of your party rent the room with the kitchen. I does come in VERY handy!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends