“Avoid”
Review of Grand Palm Plaza

Grand Palm Plaza
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This property could be lovely, but it is not! Quality of accommodation is not in line with prices being charged. Very old furnishings, bed sheets and towels. We stayed 2 nights, the second we had no hot water for 24hrs. The management made no offer of refund or alternative accommodation. I had to go to a gym to shower which cost me $$$ and time.

I would not consider staying here again....

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank badbeartx
GrandPalmPlaza, General Manager at Grand Palm Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We are sorry your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. We have gone to great lenghts to improve on all services, including purchasing new bed linens, towels, furniture, kitchen appliances and cutlery when possible.

We did offer shower services at our property next door that day when the hot water went out. I am sorry if that was not communicated to you. We hope you will give us another chance once the renovations take place.

Regards,
Edward, General Manager

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay with with the only agenda being beach, pool, and relaxation. I stayed for a week, and the Palm Plaza was perfect for this. It is hard to believe that such a quiet place could be found so close to the beach.

Although the property is a little dated, it was clean, comfortable, and has all the necessary ammenities. The heated pool was great for a late night swim, and the apartment size refrigerator was great for all the leftovers from the nearby restaraunts.

My only complaint is - They should have talked me into staying longer.

Room Tip: First floor room - was nice to step out into the pool area without stairs
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Like the staff and location, but if you are planning to stay, be prepared to deal with mosquito, and don't expect to be treated as a queen that you are!!! :-) The facility is undergoing construction, hopefully it will be much better in few months. Didn't care for the old fashion TV, broken remote control, and old carpet, or the free orange juice and muffin. But the staff are very nice and friendly. And they allow us to check out late. We'll stay again if budget is a factor.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Having stayed at the Palm Plaza many times in the last few years, it was our first visit since it came under new management / ownership, so I was a bit apprehensive if it would still be as good as we had come to love it on our previous visit.

But we were greeted very warmly by the new manager Edward and felt right at home again. It is still a very clean and nice place. Also looking forward to the changes that we were told are coming in the future, like the combination with the neigbouring resort (Lorelei), just hoping that it will keep its quiet and laid back atmosphere we have become used to.

We love the lush garden, it helps keeping the "real" world out of view! :-)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The manager, Edward, is a very kind and caring individual. For example, he took care of several packages that I ordered and provided us with information about Ft. Lauderdale. The location is perfect, the pool very warm and the atmosphere pleasant. One very good aspect of this property is that it is part of a company which owns two other, more upscale resorts nearby which we could visit and take part in their activities (e.g. the New Year's party with the cover waived). In other words, a good deal!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kamen1968
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I loved this resort. This is the first gay resort I been to I was greeted with a very friendly staff and they were willing to help out any way possible. I came to Ft Lauderdale looking for a seafood buffet and come to find out they don’t even have one. Edward told me about a local seafood restaurant. I went and it was great. Being gluten free it is normally hard to find anything on the menu that I could eat besides salads. I can’t wait to see the new look. I went to the sister property the Royal Palms for lunch. I was VERY unhappy with the service there. After 5 minutes I grab my own menu and another 30 minute before some came to get my food and drink order. The food was over price and was tasteless and drinks were overpriced. I work in the hospitality field so I know what service is about and how food should look and taste. I probably won’t go back to the Royal Palm for drinks or food.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kevin o
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was booked for months, but NO mention until the day of arrival that the pool was closed, and that there was recent change of ownership. The public spaces were filthy, looked like nothing had been cleaned for a long time. Manager, was friendly but made excuses for everything, and the staff was ridiculous, as in lazy and did not follow up to do as they said the would. Will never return to this hole.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EasyGoingJoes
GrandPalmPlaza, General Manager at Grand Palm Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I am very sorry that your experience with us in October was not a pleasant stay. We did try our best at the time to accomodate you with the challenges that faced our property. Unexpected pool repairs were needed immediately and we could not notify guests in time.

In October 2012, we became a part of The North Beach Village Group, owners of mutliple resorts in the area. We work closely with our new company to provide excellent customer service and provide unsatified guests other lodging options when occurrances like this happen. Every day we are making improvements such as new linen and food services to housekeeping staff and property maintanence.

I do not make excuses for our mistakes, but provide factual information to the best of my knowledge. Each day is a learning experience and I sincerly hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Best Wishes and Happy New Year,