Grand Palm Plaza
Doubletree.com
$201
$178
  • Pool
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$163
$145
Hilton.com
$127
$114
  • Pool
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$179
$108
$99
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$120
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$179
$107
Official Site
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

$269
$231
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$189
$135
Courtyard
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

All reviewsnorth beach villagegay resortgay mencontinental breakfastother resortspropertymicrowave
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The manager, Edward, is a very kind and caring individual. For example, he took care of several packages that I ordered and provided us with information about Ft. Lauderdale. The location is perfect, the pool very warm and the atmosphere pleasant. One very good aspect of this property is that it is part of a company which owns two other, more upscale resorts nearby which we could visit and take part in their activities (e.g. the New Year's party with the cover waived). In other words, a good deal!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kamen1968
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I loved this resort. This is the first gay resort I been to I was greeted with a very friendly staff and they were willing to help out any way possible. I came to Ft Lauderdale looking for a seafood buffet and come to find out they don’t even have one. Edward told me about a local seafood restaurant. I went and it was great. Being gluten free it is normally hard to find anything on the menu that I could eat besides salads. I can’t wait to see the new look. I went to the sister property the Royal Palms for lunch. I was VERY unhappy with the service there. After 5 minutes I grab my own menu and another 30 minute before some came to get my food and drink order. The food was over price and was tasteless and drinks were overpriced. I work in the hospitality field so I know what service is about and how food should look and taste. I probably won’t go back to the Royal Palm for drinks or food.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kevin o
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was booked for months, but NO mention until the day of arrival that the pool was closed, and that there was recent change of ownership. The public spaces were filthy, looked like nothing had been cleaned for a long time. Manager, was friendly but made excuses for everything, and the staff was ridiculous, as in lazy and did not follow up to do as they said the would. Will never return to this hole.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EasyGoingJoes
GrandPalmPlaza, General Manager at Grand Palm Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I am very sorry that your experience with us in October was not a pleasant stay. We did try our best at the time to accomodate you with the challenges that faced our property. Unexpected pool repairs were needed immediately and we could not notify guests in time.

In October 2012, we became a part of The North Beach Village Group, owners of mutliple resorts in the area. We work closely with our new company to provide excellent customer service and provide unsatified guests other lodging options when occurrances like this happen. Every day we are making improvements such as new linen and food services to housekeeping staff and property maintanence.

I do not make excuses for our mistakes, but provide factual information to the best of my knowledge. Each day is a learning experience and I sincerly hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Best Wishes and Happy New Year,
Edward, GM

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was hesitant to book at Palm Plaza because the prices were lower than others within the same area and I only has pictures to guide me. It was the best vacation decision I made. The staff was welcoming, informative and very interested to please. The other guests became friends. Half the rooms are awesome, the other half is needing some minor upgrades. The grounds are private and in a great location. I'm hesitant to write this because I'm afraid Fort Lauderdale's best kept secret might get out. But I would like others to be able to make the same memories I did. I booked another week before I left.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Bill S
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a friendly, laid-back, relatively inexpensive place that feels out of the way but is just a few blocks west of the beach and a few blocks north of the gay stretch of sand south of San Sebastian. It's clothing-optional by the pool, which is open all day and night. The staff is very helpful and nice, and the rooms are clean. Parking is convenient. There's a tiny gym on site, and Palm Plaza guests can use the nearby Royal Palm's new gym and spa for free. Just a few caveats: the housekeeping staff seemed confused about how many—if any—people were staying in our room each day, the bed we had was much firmer than I'd like, and the facility is a bit worn around the edges. (It was recently bought by new owners, so it will probably get a few needed improvements soon.) This was our second stay, and I will happily return for another relaxing visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple