“Loved this resort”
Review of Grand Palm Plaza

Grand Palm Plaza
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I loved this resort. This is the first gay resort I been to I was greeted with a very friendly staff and they were willing to help out any way possible. I came to Ft Lauderdale looking for a seafood buffet and come to find out they don’t even have one. Edward told me about a local seafood restaurant. I went and it was great. Being gluten free it is normally hard to find anything on the menu that I could eat besides salads. I can’t wait to see the new look. I went to the sister property the Royal Palms for lunch. I was VERY unhappy with the service there. After 5 minutes I grab my own menu and another 30 minute before some came to get my food and drink order. The food was over price and was tasteless and drinks were overpriced. I work in the hospitality field so I know what service is about and how food should look and taste. I probably won’t go back to the Royal Palm for drinks or food.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kevin o

Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was booked for months, but NO mention until the day of arrival that the pool was closed, and that there was recent change of ownership. The public spaces were filthy, looked like nothing had been cleaned for a long time. Manager, was friendly but made excuses for everything, and the staff was ridiculous, as in lazy and did not follow up to do as they said the would. Will never return to this hole.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EasyGoingJoes
GrandPalmPlaza, General Manager at Grand Palm Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I am very sorry that your experience with us in October was not a pleasant stay. We did try our best at the time to accomodate you with the challenges that faced our property. Unexpected pool repairs were needed immediately and we could not notify guests in time.

In October 2012, we became a part of The North Beach Village Group, owners of mutliple resorts in the area. We work closely with our new company to provide excellent customer service and provide unsatified guests other lodging options when occurrances like this happen. Every day we are making improvements such as new linen and food services to housekeeping staff and property maintanence.

I do not make excuses for our mistakes, but provide factual information to the best of my knowledge. Each day is a learning experience and I sincerly hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Best Wishes and Happy New Year,
Edward, GM

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was hesitant to book at Palm Plaza because the prices were lower than others within the same area and I only has pictures to guide me. It was the best vacation decision I made. The staff was welcoming, informative and very interested to please. The other guests became friends. Half the rooms are awesome, the other half is needing some minor upgrades. The grounds are private and in a great location. I'm hesitant to write this because I'm afraid Fort Lauderdale's best kept secret might get out. But I would like others to be able to make the same memories I did. I booked another week before I left.

2  Thank Bill S
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a friendly, laid-back, relatively inexpensive place that feels out of the way but is just a few blocks west of the beach and a few blocks north of the gay stretch of sand south of San Sebastian. It's clothing-optional by the pool, which is open all day and night. The staff is very helpful and nice, and the rooms are clean. Parking is convenient. There's a tiny gym on site, and Palm Plaza guests can use the nearby Royal Palm's new gym and spa for free. Just a few caveats: the housekeeping staff seemed confused about how many—if any—people were staying in our room each day, the bed we had was much firmer than I'd like, and the facility is a bit worn around the edges. (It was recently bought by new owners, so it will probably get a few needed improvements soon.) This was our second stay, and I will happily return for another relaxing visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dbny66
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It was a nice and cosy place to stay at, not far from the beach, and the people are always friendly and helpful. They will always try to please you if there is something they can do. Also, you get some nice privacy, on top of the nice rooms and I had a rain shower!

Room Tip: Basic rooms are quite good!
1  Thank C C
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had a great time here. We loved the pool. Very quiet and the guests where nice. The staff was very helpful. This was the first time here and planing on going back. We rented a car and had no problem for parking. Keep up the good work.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I planned to spend a week to relax in Fort Lauderdale and I succeeded thanks to Edward and the staff of that resort who were caring about everything. Real beautiful oasis, garden and the pool was nice and clean as was my room. And since it,s really important for my bad back, the bed and matress were firm! For sure I'm planning going back there hopefully next Spring.

1  Thank Claude1616