“Great service, excellent place.”
Review of Grand Palm Plaza

Grand Palm Plaza
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed at the Palm Plaza in a 'standard room' on my own in April 2011 and was impressed. My boyfriend and I went back last week. I booked a 'standard room' but we were very pleasantly surprised to find that we had been upgraded to a suite, for free. The rooms are bright and spacious. Steve, the manager, is very friendly and helpful. It's not a huge resort but the pool is a good size, clean, and has several recliners near it to relax in. There is a lot of well maintained tropical greenery so it feels quite luxurious. You can walk to the gay beach in ten minutes, and although this place is not "on the beach", I'd rather be a few blocks from it anyway. It makes parking easy, and it's dead silent around there at night. The breakfast basket they give you every day is great - yogurt, muffins, juice, etc. Even the coffee we made in the coffee maker tasted good (which as any coffee lover will tell you, is a huge problem in most hotel rooms). The ONE AND ONLY negative is that the mattresses are getting to a point where they need to be replaced. But they're not bad. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra $40/night, the suite is probably 500 square feet and has a full kitchen...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jay M

Reviewed February 7, 2012

The Palm Plaza is a nice B&B for gay males. My partner and I have stayed at the Palm Plaza four times in the past few years and have stayed in three rooms during that period. The facility is worn and fraying around the edges, and the beds and bedding need to be replaced. But, the Palm Plaza is clean, three blocks from the beach and relatively inexpensive. It offers exceptional deals during the shoulder seasons and off-season - April to December - that are hard to beat so close to the beach. Early booking for weekends is highly recommended, because this B&B is popular on weekends throughout the year.

I enjoy the heated pool, which is deep - impossible to find now in newer hotels and B&Bs - and seldom used. Nudity is permitted only in the pool area, which is very private. The palm trees and other vegetation on the private property are very nice.

The Palm Plaza is a quiet B&B, mostly frequently by older couples and foreign visitors. There is no party atmosphere here. Not highly recommended for solo travellers, unless you have an exceptionally outgoing personality.

The large apt complex across the street from the Palm Plaza is abandoned, which is an eyesore. But, we have never had any issue with crime in the area, and our rented vehicle has been fine parked outside the Palm Plaza at night.

Steve, the manager, is one of the nicest guys in Fort Lauderdale - and he's a very hard worker also! Undoubtedly, many visitors return again and again because of Steve's warm personality and helpfulness. The other staff are also very accomodating and friendly.

You'll enjoy your stay here, especially if you're a frugal traveller. We certainly intend to visit the Palm Plaza in the near future!

Room Tip: We prefer a second floor room because of the breeze and sunlight thru the windows.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WorldTravellerMan
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The Palm Palza was the last guesthouse that I stayed at in Ft Lauderdale. WE spent 2 night in march before a cruise and had a great time. The room was large with a kitchenette and very clean. We had ask for a room on the ground floor because I am a heavy packer due to the cruise and I didn't want to have to schlep the bags up the stairs just for 2 nights. We had booked a basic room but since it was available we were upgraded. That means nothing to me but I know it does to some guys. The staff were friendly and the pool was very clean. I have a pool and being a bit anal...oh hell...very anal, that was very important to me.

This is probably the guesthouse I will return to either pre or post cruising. It is a great value

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank enrique2
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have stayed at the Plaza for four months in the past year, it's my home away from home. Steve, the manager and Ron make you feel like you are part of a family rather than a guest, they are super people. The place has rooms that are tastefully decorated and maintained with cleanliness being a priority in this Plaza. In all my stays, I always met repeat quest who are now friends, the people that stay there usually quite, and respectful of each other and the premises. The facility has a garden and pool that allows not only privacy but like being in a paradise. I highly recommend this hotel, not only because of the facility but the friendly interaction of the staff that treat you like your the most important people to them and go out of their way to ensure your stay and needs are catered to without hesitation.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent, it depends on the needs and wants of the quest. I have stayed in all types...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank robert m
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Palm Plaza was Great. Located so close to the beach on Riomar street on the bay side, this place was relaxing, quite, clean, fun. Steve the hotel manager is Wonderful & Helpful. This place had only a few couples staying the weekend and it was peaceful. Our room was upgraded at no charge and was Huge, Clean, Quite. With a full kichen and breakfast placed in our fridge the night before we had a amazing relaxing stay. We will be back, Only a cab ride away from the bars and restaurants for the Gay Scene in W.M. Highly Recommend staying here :)

Room Tip: Second Floor Room # 23 was Great....
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NycPhoto5
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Great little place. Have met many new friends here and have enjoyed great times. Service is wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank Wpgast
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed here a few years ago and loved it. I've stayed at every gay owned hotel in Fort Lauderdale over the past 20 years. I hope to stay here again for 2 weeks April 2012. It's located with all the other gay resorts I've stayed at previously but is value priced and nowadays that's important. Limited sunshine around the pool area due to layout so you have to keep moving, really should cut back on the folage a bit as I go for the sun and to work on my tan.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple