Apart from the odd hitch with slow service (breakfast and check-out), our two-night stay went fine. The room was clean, quiet (top floor) and fairly comfortable but rather small for $350 a night and, as another reviewer has mentioned, there is basically no privacy as the en-suite facilities (NB no bath) are separated from the rest of the room by a louvred sliding door (and, bizarrely, a louvred "window" opening into the room), so basically you're going to the bathroom inside the bedroom but behind a screen.
We used the gym facilities (small, good - great view - but note no lockers) and each had an excellent quality massage from Cindy at the spa.
The quality of the food at Shula's is good and not too expensive for a seafront hotel restaurant. The service is friendly but they are understaffed. Tip: wear warm clothes as the restaurant is over-cooled!
Overall we feel that the large seafront hotels in Fort Lauderdale are all overpriced (and $25-$30 per night for parking for hotel guests is ridiculous, but they seem to have it sewn up between them) and this is no exception, but that said, there is nothing fundamentally wrong here and the staff were clearly doing their best on the whole.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool here at the beautiful Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. An oceanfront resort with an inspirational setting on Fort Lauderdale Beach, it is our hope that your stay with us will leave you feeling refreshed. Discover the "Venice of America" and explore 300 miles of navigable waterways or relax on the warm sands of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Bask in the sunshine on our serene pool deck overlooking the ocean. Enjoy wonderful on-site Ft. Lauderdale dining or venture out to Las Olas Boulevard which features nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Restore body and mind in our 432 soothing and elegant guest rooms, each graced with the sumptuous Westin Heavenly(R) Bed. A daily Resort Charge plus tax, per day will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. Valet Parking available for an additional fee per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin