The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
$127
$74
$108
$99
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$98
Marriott Hotels
$259
$223
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$179
$203
$145
Hotwire.com
3,903 results
All reviewsnorth towerheavenly bedocean viewsliding dooracross the streetpool areapool attendantvalet parkingvalet staffbeach chairsoceanfront rooman umbrellanice poolspring breaklas olaswater taxistarbucks
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I stayed here for a short weekend away from winter. I don't have much experience with the Westin chain, but since the price is fairly high, I expected much better customer service.
My customer service gripes:
-long line for check-in
-once it was my turn to check-in, I felt rushed
-concierge was nice, but hardly told me anything I couldn't have read in her brochures.
-HOUSEKEEPING- while in my room in the afternoon, I could hear them talking to each other loudly in the hall; on my last day I felt rushed by Housekeeping to check out.
-All staff I interacted with seemed to care less that I was there

Other than customer service gripes, my only other gripe is that AWFUL smell! I asked what the "aroma" was that hit me as soon as I walked in, and was told that it's the signature Westin scent. It reminds me of my mom's DIY hair dye from when I was a kid. Yuck!

The best part of the stay was the bed and sheets. Ahhh.....

One more note: I wouldn't stay here again. It's a nice place, but not as modern in style or guests. Most guests I saw were in their 40's or 50's.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We only stayed in Fort Lauderdale for 1 day, and chose this hotel for the location on the beach.
The hotel itself has excellent bellman, concierge, staff. The rooms are clean. I found the beds just so-so.
Check in was easy.. HOWEVER> there is an exceedingly strong, knock your socks off , odor that is SO BAD. It seems perfumy, and that obnoxious odor even wafts outside under the circular driveway. Thankfully, our room was spared . I assume they must pump this odor as an air freshener or something, but there were many people commenting on its offensiveness.
There is a rooftop pool. It is heated. There is a grill/bar right there as well, and AGAIN.. another ODOR! This time, on the roof, it's the strong smoke of the grill and fried food.
THis is not a relaxing place at all. THe hotel is right on the main drag. THe day we were there, it was incessant street noise, motorcycles, LOUDl. Plus, there was jackhammering , and street work (no fault of the hotel, but still unpleasant). THe beach is narrow. That day, if you were on the beach, the street is RIGHT THERE< with all that noise, and THEN.. on the water, the cigarette boats were racing back and forth all afternoon! Sorry to say , but this is not my idea of fun, or relaxation. Noise pollution on the water, the street, and you're "sandwiched" on the sand (ha ha) between the two. I won't repeat that experience.

There is a starbucks down the hall adjoining the hotel; sort of a plus.
We plunked down almost $300 for this night. In my opinion, stay around South beach area if you want lively action. The beach there is much prettier, the food options are more delicious, and withing walking distance as well.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2011

As a long-time SPG Platinum guest, I have had the opportunity to stay at this property for many years. It is better than a first-class hotel with a beautiful location on the beach at Fort Lauderdale.

The entire staff is by far among the best at any property I have visited. Special thanks to Jorge Madrigal (hotel manager) and Adrana Trecedor (front desk manager) for making us feel like 'family'. All of the staff/associates deserve special thanks.

The suite we were privileged to have was beautifully furnished, with a 'million dollar' view of the beach. The public areas are very inviting, including the pool, fitness center and dining areas.

We look forward to many more stays here.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2011

This hotel is beautiful. I have stayed there twice and each time I have had exceptional customer service, from the servers at Shula's to the bellmen, valet, room service, housekeeping and front desk. The hotel is in a prime location for enjoying some of Ft Lauderdale beaches best restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2011

This place is beautiful, right on the beach with amazing pools and service! I higlhy suggest staying here!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business