“Outstanding service”

The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #28 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I recently stayed at the Westin Hotel with family members to see the Christmas boat parade. During booking I requested a room with a inter coastal view in order to see the decorated boats passing on the waterway. Upon check in I asked if my room had such a view? Well...did it ever, the best. The room was located on the 15th floor , 2nd tower , and on the corner.It had a full view of the inter coastal and the other over looking the pool and beach. I have stayed at this hotel many times prior to the recent remodel from Sheraton Trader to now the Westin. Great job on the remodel and super service by the staff. Only one issue..$25 per night to valet your vehicle, can't have it all I guess.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,654)

Reviewed December 25, 2010

This hotel is within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. It is also close to the water taxi pick up, exit the hotel through the spa/ workout area next to Starbucks, go down the ramp to the side walk and take a right onto Seville street. The water taxi is at the end of the road. The concierge desk is very helpful and you can purchase water taxi tickets from them. The hotel has a skywalk with an elevator that comes out on the beach. Guests get two complimentary beach chairs, but umbrella rental is $20 a day, if you need it. The pool area has a limited menu dining area that serves drinks. Hotel has a gift shop and children's activity area. If you are looking for a good pizza place/ local eatery try Primanti Brothers (cash only/ATM inside) just before you get to Sunset. The hotel staff told me about this place and it has good prices and pizza.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank HappyTrails2Day
Reviewed December 23, 2010

My husband and myself stayed at this Hotel for two weeks this year as well as two weeks last year and will continue to stay for years to come. The location, warm and friendly staff,amenities, and comfortable room make it hard to stay anywhere else.The hotel's staff is so warm and welcoming , they enhance your stay and make you feel so comfortable that we stay here even though we have family in Aventura, Boca and Miami. The location is fantastic, right in the heart of Ft. Lauderdale, with Las Olas a stone's throw away, restaurants, beaches, Galleria Mall as well, the area is great for walkers with a beautiful walk way by the beach. Fabulous boutique type hotel with everything you need for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meryl C
Reviewed December 21, 2010

We stayed for 2 days at the Westin Beach Fort Lauderdale prior to our cruise. We had an upgraded suite which we really appreciated thanks to our Starwood platinum status. The hotel was fine for a couple of days and is in a great location, walking distance to some beach restaurants and 2 minutes from the water taxi stop which is a great way of getting around Fort Lauderdale. The only drawback I will comment on is what has previously been stated - the bathrooms. They have been modernised but still very small (the louvred doors did not bother us but you had to move inside in order to open the door, as I said fine for a couple of days but this could grate after a few days.
I would like to mention and give a big thanks to George the concierge who even though we only stayed 2 days, gave us all the tips we needed to find our feet in Fort Lauderdale and nothing was too much trouble. He is their best asset.
The pool area is ok, but just for a few days, but need to remember that even though the hotel has been 'modernised' there is a limit to what they can do and it still felt a bit tired, but this is the case for many fort Lauderdale hotels.
we would return for a short stay pre or post cruise

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mdemo
Reviewed December 14, 2010

This was a really nice place to stay. I was in town on business and had to tack on another day and upgrade my room to accomodate a meeting. The hotel went out of its way to assist me in all aspects of my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel for both business and family travelers. It just had a very, very helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We came for the weekend and were very pleased with the room and staff. The service is excellent. They catered to everything we needed. Perfect little spot for the Winterfest boat show. Really?? No free internet? Aweee - come on! I'm paying $200 for the room and $26 for parking. Gas Stations give away 'net these days. What's up w/ that?

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I stayed at the Westin on the beach for one night and 2 days, just to relax a little after a business trip. It is really great and perfect for a quick getaway. Literally steps away from the beach, very easy access. There is a Shula's Steakhouse on the premise as well as a Starbucks (but I couldn't find it), also a grill restaurant up at the pool area. There are also a plethora of other restaurants within a half mile walk of the hotel.... prices there were a little cheaper.
Nice rooftop pool overlooking the ocean, I didn't get in it because that was when the cold front was coming through South Florida, but there were a couple folks in it. Water seemed too cold for me.

Staff was friendly, room was nice and clean and modern.
Bathroom door was weird... it wouldn't open all the way, it ran into the toilet.
I ordered room service one night, it was excellent... a Filet and Mashed Potatoes.
Concierge hooked me up with a running map for my daily walk, so I know my distance and route to walk on the beach.

Everything else was great, I would highly recommend this hotel.

I had stayed at the other Westin Ft. Lauderdale the night before and they were both very nice. The Fort Lauderdale hotel seemed a little more swanky. Of course I had a maxed out exercise suite at the Ft. Lauderdale location and was pretty impressed with that room. At the one on the beach I just had a regular King room.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
sinceresfbh, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2010

Dear Catchtape: Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale. As it sounds like you are quite the Westin traveler, we are thrilled you chose our location on beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach! With premium outlets and amenities including, Shula’s on the Beach, Waves Bar & Grill, Starbucks Coffee (located on the 1st floor of the South Tower), and our Heavenly Spa, our beachfront property is an ideal vacation retreat for families, couples, and business travelers. Come back and see us next summer, when the weather is ideal and the water is the perfect temperature to enjoy!