“I felt I stayed at the best hotel on the strip”

The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Boston, Massachusetts
“I felt I stayed at the best hotel on the strip”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

This hotel is great. Loved the location, loved the room, loved the beach and especially loved Michelle and Naiomi at the Waves Bar. I stayed for 10 days and can't think of one negative experience I've had. I know there are other nice hotels on the strip but I felt I stayed at the best. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,004)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed August 10, 2010

The concierge at this hotel (Jorge Hernandez) was so sweet and knowledgeable. It felt like I was asking for help from a friend. Kudos to him- The rooms are beautiful; the lobby too. I like the hallway from the hotel to the beach. We even got an oceanfront view (thanks to Jesus at the front desk) when he found out that we lost our room at another hotel due to bankrupcy.
Great place- very classy!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
sinceresfbh, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Dear Sexyitalian: We read your review and are very excited to hear you had such a fabulous time at our newly renovated property. The new look of the hotel is beautiful with ocean accents and unique modern pieces. The sky walk is very convenient for our guests, as it drops you off directly onto our white sand beaches from our Mezzanine level pool. We will share your comments with our team, as well as the positive comments on the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale!
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stayed in 1147 for 6 nights in Aug (king Bed and sea view). Loved it. Great view with the sun coming up over the ocean from here. The bed was amazing ! Pool was good, although it tends to be in the shadows by mid afternoon, so went to the beach then. The Beach Place is a very small local shopping center well within walking distance for CVS and some restaurants. However, the best meal was steak at Shula's in the hotel (prices slightly higher than outside but the quality made this worthwhile). Free wi-fi in public areas was good and as this included the attached Starbucks I had a pleasant afternoon on the internet with my latte while the Florida August weather obliged with a thunderstorm.
Only downside was the $26.50 valet parking charge with no self parking. Worth budgeting for if you're looking at this hotel - seemed similar to other hotels in the area and didn't really look around to see if there was cheaper nearby parking available.
A good quality hotel in an ideal location within Fort Lauderdale - would recommend. I guess the bathroom door has been seen as a problem for some reviewers here, but not for my wife and I.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Vaughan, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I spent 12 days during the end of July and was so impressed with the value and level of service I recieved. I stayed here in early May on business and enjoyed the facilities and staff so much I came back with my family in July. Other families also joined us and all were impressed. Totally, a place I will revist and would highly recommend

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dear Gabe1111_10: Thank you for sharing your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale. Our property is not only an ideal vacation retreat, but also perfect for business travelers. Our brand new conference center recently opened in December 2009 and is great for group meetings. Did you get a chance to experience our Heavenly Spa and oceanfront Starbuck’s Coffee? Again thank you for your comments and we are very excited to welcome you and your family back to our resort!
Boca Raton
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Having read a lot of reviews here, I was a little worried about staying here. Overall, we had a terrific experience. The room was nice, the view was gorgeous. I got a massage at the Heavenly Spa and it was heavenly. Two aspects we found odd. First, like many other reviewers, we found the bathroom door to be awful. I do not know who thought a slatted door would be a great idea for a bathroom but they were nuts. We have been married 19 years and I still found this uncomfortable. Sounds and smells are better left to one's imagination! There was also not even a fan in the bathroom. Second, the concierge was almost non-existent. We witnessed many people looking for them downstairs on several different occasions. We ourselves called to ask for a restaurant recommendation at 6p.m., got the machine, left a message, and never got a reply. This is a serious service issue. Fortunately, the woman at the front desk gave us a recommendation.

Overall, we had a nice getaway weekend. However, until they fix the bathroom door issue, we would not return. Too bizarre.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
sinceresfbh, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Dear Jemom68: We appreciate your comments and are glad to hear you enjoyed your getaway weekend at our property. Our Heavenly Spa is fabulous and becoming very popular with guests, as there is an array of rejuvenating treatments and massages to choose from. We are currently looking into ways to improve the privacy of our bathrooms, as we have received similar comments from other guests. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced regarding the availability of our Concierge. Our Guest Service Agents are always willing to assist if the Concierge is not available or assisting other guests. Thank you again for your feedback!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Fantastic location , friendly service, very comfortable bed, would recomend to my friends anytime. Did not encounter any hurricane at this time of year, had a great time at the hotel. Would definately come back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Oslo
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We spend 3 nights at Westin Beach Resort, alongside the beach in Fort Lauderdale.

The rooms were clean and nice, I especially like the bathroom and the shower.
King size bed, Flat screen TV. Good A/C. We had a view over the beach and pool area.

Friendly staff.

Huge pool area and a bridge over the road for the guests to the beach. A lovely snack bar by the pool, great breakfast/lunch options. Free WIFI in the public areas.

Drinks served by the pool and wet towels were given out. Great!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple